lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
^^^^
Despite financing for longer terms (72-84 months), I haven't had a car payment (or otherwise) under $1,000 a month in at least a decade. Heck, I was paying $2,500 a month on a 2014 Mazda2! Paid that one off quick, lol.

It's all relative. There's really no right or wrong way.....so long as the individual isn't over extending themselves, not paying their bills, or simply cannot afford what they are doing.

Some ask me, why I don't just pay cash. Well, if I did that, I couldn't keep my credit fresh. I'm all about playing the game (even if I don't agree with it).

Mike
As you said it is all relative.
To me, where I am from, anything over 700 a month seems crazy to me,. now with prices higher, inflation, etc.. the average car price is in the 40's these days vs in the mid 20's when last bought new.
We aren't rich by any stretch of the imagination, making a little over 100k a year for two people, we manage and I am able to muster 2500 a month for savings or whatever I want, but I def don't want to tie it all up on one payment.
I'd rather save up until I can drop enough down to have equity in the car and a lower more manageable payment, that way while I am paying it off I can also aggressively save for a house and then another car for my wife.
As you said, it is all relative, everyone has a different situation and has to make the best decisions for them.
Sponsored

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
Loyal customers are being driven away!

I have purchased three Acuras from the same local dealer over the past 20 years and that includes working with the same salesmen for nearly as long. Over that time, I came in for parts, tires and service and when I did, I stopped to chat with my sales guys and look at the new models.

Most of those conversations were about when will Acura finally produce something that’s as fun as my 6MT TSX. Obviously, the ITS is the answer and I went in early on thinking it would be no problem for me to reserve one at MSRP. However, this dealer insisted on a $5,000 ADM and would not guarantee my position in line. Meaning if someone were to offer them more for my color preference, it would go to them. At least they were honest about that.

Their best deal for a 20 year customer was $3,500 ADM in addition to accessories they sell for two to four times over MSRP. My personal favorite being the $80 sun shade which has an installed price of $252.

I’m more about honesty and loyalty than getting the best price but I refuse to pay ADM especially when MSRP is already so exaggerated and profitable. I contacted several other dealers with my simple offer of MSRP, taxes, tags and dealer fee. Thankfully, a nearby dealer agreed and I now have a deposit on an ITS due to arrive in September.

The local dealer has lost this sale and all my future business as I have no intention of setting foot there again.

This new car purchase also made me take a closer look at insurance rates. I’ve had Allstate since I started driving 37 years ago and my father had been with them many years before that but I decided to get quotes from all the majors.

I was shocked to find that Allstate was at least double what others were charging for the exact same coverage and they were four times more than Progressive. I sent the quotes to my Allstate agent who replied several days later saying they could not do any better. Bye Allstate and hello Progressive.

Neither valued my customer loyalty at all so I left. Good reminders to know your worth and go where it's appreciated.
The dealer I was dealing with since last October told me several times that she had never seen her dealership charge a markup on any car release in the past several years and that she didn't expect that to change, of course the day the cars (ITS) actually hit the lots that policy slipped.

Then it was the first 200 of these cars that are up for grabs, if you order or pre order one, you can have it at msrp, but all others after those, will pay a $5k mark up.

The funny part is, the dealer I wanted to deal with, adopted this policy but a few of their local competitors did not, so for me it was as easy as moving from one dealership to another about 5 minutes away to find a deal for sticker, how can, I be sure?

Because they offered me a car a few weeks ago for MSRP, and I almost took it.
If I had been more prepared for it, I would be driving it right now.
I have to wait until I have a bit more of a down payment and with that, they said I can still have a car at MSRP when I am ready in a few months.
I then looked around and found two other dealers willing to do the same, so the ITS isn't as hard to get as the FL5 when it comes to market adjustments, you just need to call around.

zooka

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S 2014 FJ Cruiser 2024 4Runner
The dealer I was dealing with since last October told me several times that she had never seen her dealership charge a markup on any car release in the past several years and that she didn't expect that to change, of course the day the cars (ITS) actually hit the lots that policy slipped.

Then it was the first 200 of these cars that are up for grabs, if you order or pre order one, you can have it at msrp, but all others after those, will pay a $5k mark up.

The funny part is, the dealer I wanted to deal with, adopted this policy but a few of their local competitors did not, so for me it was as easy as moving from one dealership to another about 5 minutes away to find a deal for sticker, how can, I be sure?

Because they offered me a car a few weeks ago for MSRP, and I almost took it.
If I had been more prepared for it, I would be driving it right now.
I have to wait until I have a bit more of a down payment and with that, they said I can still have a car at MSRP when I am ready in a few months.
I then looked around and found two other dealers willing to do the same, so the ITS isn't as hard to get as the FL5 when it comes to market adjustments, you just need to call around.
I honestly think finding a CTR or a ITS at MSRP depends on if you live near a Honda or Acura Dealer that is a higher volume seller. These dealers get more allocations, if you live by low volume dealers they usually tack on money to the MSRP because they maybe only get a handful or just a couple allocations a year, Then again who knows. I know the Acura dealer near me is in the top 10 in volumes of sales for Acura. They sell them at MSRP, But the Honda dealer near me adds 10k to their type R, not sure where they rank in sales.

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
Which one of y'all got an Acura from Omaha today, I moved up on the list lol

ehhhhh

First Name
Serena
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ScoobyDoo Impreza
I thought this could be a good area to lists dealerships who sell at MSRP and those who are greedy. Post your findings
MSRP 🙌
Mandatory Add-ons 🤔
ADM 💩
Confirmed after price release ✅

Alabama
Alaska
Arizona

Acura of Tempe - $3k of dealer ADD 🤔
Chapman Acura in Tucson - ADM $5k💩
Arkansas
Acura of Fayetteville - MSRP +Acc $3,743🤔
California
Modesto - MSRP, +5k Acc🤔✅
Acura of Pleasanton - MSRP+ $1k Acc 🤔
Los Gatos Acura - $14k ADM 💩
Concord Acura - $15K ADM + ACC💩
Hopkins Acura of Redwood City - ADM + $19k💩
Stockton - $15K ADM 💩
Fairfield - $5-7K ADM 💩
Oakland - $10K ADM 💩
Fremont - $10K ADM 💩
Elk Grove - $10K ADM 💩
Niello - $10-20K ADM 💩
DCH Tustin - $15K ADM (allotted 20!)💩
Spreen Acura- Riverside- 5-10k over 💩“they don’t know”​
Family Motors Acura- Bakersfield- 5k over 💩
Marin Acura- Corte Madre- 15k over💩
Ball Acura- National City- 5k over💩
Metro Acura SoCal - ADM +$20k 💩🤢
Kearny Mesa Acura (San Diego) - ADM +$10k💩
Cerritos Acura - ADM $15k💩💩
San Francisco Acura - ADM +20k 🤮💩
Stevens Creek Acura - ADM +$7,500💩
All Dealership ? - ADM💩
Colorado
AutoNation Acura of Colorado Springs - ADM +$7500💩
Courtesy Acura- ADM 💩
Fisher Acura of Boulder - +$2k ADM + $6k Acc💩
Courtesy Acura of Littleton - MSRP + $1,500 ACC🤔
Mile High Acura of Aurora - +$10k ADM💩
Conneticut
Acura of Berlin - MSRP or ADM😢
Acura of Avon - MSRP if you buy 2 Vehicles🤣
Acura by Executive - ADM +$10k💩
Acura of Stamford - ADM +$5k💩
Devan Acura Norwalk - ADM $5k 💩
Delaware
Florida

Duval Acura Jacksonville - MSRP + Acc🤔
Acura of Orange Park Jacksonville - ADM +8k💩💩
Georgia
Carland Acura - ADM +$5k 💩
Acura of Athens - MSRP 👍
Naley Acura - MSRP👍✅
Acura of Columbus - ADM +$5k 💩
Hawaii
Idaho
Illinois

Arlington Acura - ADM +$5k​
Woodfield Acura - ADM +$10k💩
McGrath downtown Chicago - ADM + $10k 💩
Mullers Woodfield Acura +$13k Acc💩
Indiana
Don Ayres Acura in Fort Wayne - MSRP🙌
Ed Martin- MSRP +Acc 🤔
Iowa
Johnston Acura - ADM +$10k 💩
Kansas
Jay Wolfe Acura, Overland Park MSRP +$5k Acc 🤔
Kentucky
Neil Huffman of Oxmoor - MSRP🙌✅ $500 Depost​
Louisiana
Acura of Lafayette- Launch Edition $2k discount 👍
Maine
Maryland

Criswell Acura in Annapolis - MSRP 🙌✅
Acura of Ellicott City - MSRP 🙌
Acura Hunt Valley - MSRP 🙌
Acura of Laurel - $1,500 discount available 😲🙌
Rosenthal Acura - ADM +$1k 🤔
Chevy Chase Acura - ADM +$5k 💩
Pohanka Acura - ADM💩
Criswell Acura - ADM $2-3k 💩
Massachusetts
Acura of Auburn - MSRP + Acc $8k💩
Acura of Peabody-MSRP +ACCS🤔✅
Non-refundable deposit​
Michigan
Fox Acura Ann Arbor - MSRP + $5,000 ACC+ $3,000 ADM 💩
Minnesota
Luther Acura - MSRP 🙌✅
Bloomington Acura - MSRP🙌✅
Mississippi
Missouri

St Louis Mungenast Acura - MSRP🙌✅
Frank Leta Acura - MSRP +$1,500 Accs🤔
Montana
Nebraska

Acura of Omaha: MSRP + $1200 accessories 🤔
Nevada
Findlay Acura Henderson - ADM + $7,500💩
CardinaleWay Acura Las Vegas- ADM + $20k 💩
New Hampshire
Sunnyside Acura in Nashua - MSRP 🙌✅
New Jersey
Clinton Acura - MSRP 🙌
Princeton Acura - ADM + $3,500💩
Ramsey Acura - ADM + $7k💩
Elite Acura in South Jersey - ADM +5k💩
Autosport Acura of Denville - ADM +$5k💩
DCH Montclair Acura - ADM +$10k💩💩
Island Acura - ADM +$10k💩
New Mexico
Montano Acura - ADM +$10k💩
New York
West Here Acura - MSRP🙌✅
Acura of Valley Stream- ADM +$7500 💩
Huntington - ADM +$10k💩
Island Acura - ADM +$5k 💩
Acura of Westchester - ADM + $5k 💩
Curry Acura - ADM💩
Smithtown Acura - ADM💩
Acura of Wappinger Falls - ADM +$10k💩💩
Rallye Acura - ADM +$15k💩💩
North Carolina
Leith Acura - MSRP or better🙌
Hendrick Acura in Charlotte - MSRP 🙌✅
Apple Tree Acura -Type S $10k ADM 💩💩
Johnson City Acura - Type S ADM💩
North Dakota
Ohio

Columbia - MSRP🙌✅
Columbus Acura- MSRP🙌✅
Lindsay Acura in Columbus - ADM+$5k 💩
Jeff Wyler Fairfield- ADM💩💩💩

Oklahoma
Post Oak Acura in Tulsa - MSRP + ACC $2,090🤔

Oregon
Ron Tonkin Acura - ADM +$5k ACC+ $850 💩
Acura of Salem - ADM +$3k💩
Pennsylvania
Baierl Acura in Wexford - MSRP🙌
Bobby Rahal Acura - MSRP🙌
Spitzer Acura - MSRP 🙌✅
Montgomeryville Acura ADM+ $5k 💩[/INDENT​
Rhode Island
South Carolina
Fred Anderson Acura -MSRP?​

South Dakota
Tennessee
Harper Acura in Knoxville - MSRP+$300 Accs🤔

Texas
Gunn acura in San Antonio -ADM in Acc $6685💩
Grubbs Acura in Grapevine - ADM +10k ACC +11k 💩💩
North Austin Acura - MSRP + $1200ACC 🤔✅
Sterling McCall - ADM +$3k + $2495 "protection package 💩
Fox Acura of El Paso $10k ADM💩
John Eagle Acura Houston - ADM $5k💩
Classic Acura Beaumont- ADM+Accs💩💩
Hiley Acura in Fort Worth - ADM💩
Team Gillman Acura Houston - $3k DEP +ADM+ACC $10k💩
Goodson Acura - ADM + $5k​
Vandergriff Acura in Arlington - ADM +$10k💩
Park place Acura in Plano -msrp + $6,500 Acc🤔

Utah
Jody Wilkinson Acura - MSRP for Locals others +$5k 🙌✅✅

Vermont
Virginia
Crown Acura in Richmond - MSRP 🙌✅
Radley Acura in Alexandria - MSRP ask for Bob🙌✅
Karen Radley Acura of Woodbridge- +$5kADM💩
Pohanka Acura Chantilly - ADM $5k💩
Newport News, VA: ADM + $2,500💩
Hall Acura in Virginia Beach - ADM $2,500 💩
Priority Acura Chesapeake - ADM $10K💩

Washington
Acura of Lynnwood - MSRP🙌 In-state only.​
Hinshaw Acura-ADM💩
Spokane (automation) - ADM💩
Acura of Seattle - ADM💩

West Virginia
Wisconsin
Acura of Brookfield - MSRP🙌

Wyoming
Re: Texas, Gunn Acura in San Antonio is saying $5000 ADM plus $1500 accessories.

Grubbs Acura in Grapevine tried saying $7.5-10k ADM, but called back a day later to say that they'd be willing to think about MSRP plus my choice of accessories.

Sterling McCall claimed they would beat any offer, so we'll see...

Sponsored

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
Re: Texas, Gunn Acura in San Antonio is saying $5000 ADM plus $1500 accessories.

Grubbs Acura in Grapevine tried saying $7.5-10k ADM, but called back a day later to say that they'd be willing to think about MSRP plus my choice of accessories.

Sterling McCall is full of it. Screenshots below. Wanted to buy from them since they're 10 min from me. Acura North Austin was the only reasonable Texas dealer with their $1200 accessories requirement.

IMG_20230822_074215.jpg

IMG_20230822_074222.jpg

Last edited:

suzysparks

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MDX Type S; Integra Type S, Bronco Sport

Gunn Acura is full of themselves. Always has been. I’m in SA and we’ve never bought our Acura’s from them. Their service department is fine, but sales…another story.

Wombo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota GR Supra
Put down a deposit at Mungenast, can confirm MSRP but there’s a wait. Lady said maybe up to early next year, they have 30 something ppl in line.

Park Place in Plano, TX will tell you no markup, but they’re sneaky and hid the markup in all the accessories they added. The manufacturer accessories are marked up about 2k total over the actual price, plus the mandatory dealer add-ons totals about 4-5k over sticker. Not too terrible compared to some other ones I’m about to list, but they’re very full of themselves too and condescending in a sense.
image_0.jpeg

Park Ave in NJ wants 5k market adjustment, haven’t actually called to see if they’ll negotiate or not.

Vandergriff Acura in Arlington, TX: the salesman was super nice and a car nut too, let me test drive a type S which solidified my decision to get the car, but they also had 7500 markup and accessories/add ons totaling about 64k before taxes.

Grubbs Acura in Tulsa, OK: this dealer was very infuriating to deal with. Tried to sell me a demo car with 118 miles that had been sold but the owner returned after a single day? Claimed he was saving me money by “discounting” the markup from 10k to 7500. Oh and the dealer add ons and accessories are marked up as well. Might want to update on the list as it says msrp + 2k in acc for this place, but clearly they’ve changed their pricing since then. Kept trying to confuse me with numbers and saying “amount financed” instead of just telling me the price of the car. Gave him my final number and I believe the most they were willing to get to was still about 5k over msrp on that used demo car. The new ones they had coming in were all marked up 10k + 5-6k addons/acc.

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
Put down a deposit at Mungenast, can confirm MSRP but there’s a wait. Lady said maybe up to early next year, they have 30 something ppl in line.
Mungenast was the best experience for me too. The salesman put me on a list without requiring deposit. Just wanted my name, phone, and color preference. Need to tell him to remove me though.

If you're willing to go out of state the two Minneapolis dealers both were at MSRP with $1000 deposits. They were pleasant. Also, Acura Columbus is an MSRP dealer too.

Wombo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota GR Supra
Appreciate the heads up, though those two dealers are a smidge too far away for me since I have to drive my trade in up, and ideally would like to do it in a single day. St. Louis is about as far as I’m willing to drive. If I didn’t have a trade then I’d be willing to fly anywhere and drive back.

Sponsored

ehhhhh

First Name
Serena
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ScoobyDoo Impreza
Sterling McCall is full of it. Screenshots below. Wanted to buy from them since they're 10 min from me. Acura North Austin was the only reasonable Texas dealer with their $1200 accessories requirement.

IMG_20230822_074215.jpg

IMG_20230822_074222.jpg
Yikes!

Did you actually get much communication from Acura North Austin? The last salesman I spoke to said he would get me a price, as did the salesperson who called and texted me before then... but I haven't heard anything since.

I'm in SA, and really don't mind a drive, but since Gunn is fixed on their ADM, Austin would be my closest bet.

suzysparks

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Park Place in Plano, TX will tell you no markup, but they’re sneaky and hid the markup in all the accessories they added. The manufacturer accessories are marked up about 2k total over the actual price, plus the mandatory dealer add-ons totals about 4-5k over sticker. Not too terrible compared to some other ones I’m about to list, but they’re very full of themselves too and condescending in a sense.
image_0.jpeg

Park Ave in NJ wants 5k market adjustment, haven’t actually called to see if they’ll negotiate or not.

Vandergriff Acura in Arlington, TX: the salesman was super nice and a car nut too, let me test drive a type S which solidified my decision to get the car, but they also had 7500 markup and accessories/add ons totaling about 64k before taxes.

Grubbs Acura in Tulsa, OK: this dealer was very infuriating to deal with. Tried to sell me a demo car with 118 miles that had been sold but the owner returned after a single day? Claimed he was saving me money by “discounting” the markup from 10k to 7500. Oh and the dealer add ons and accessories are marked up as well. Might want to update on the list as it says msrp + 2k in acc for this place, but clearly they’ve changed their pricing since then. Kept trying to confuse me with numbers and saying “amount financed” instead of just telling me the price of the car. Gave him my final number and I believe the most they were willing to get to was still about 5k over msrp on that used demo car. The new ones they had coming in were all marked up 10k + 5-6k addons/acc.
I bought from Vandergriff and maybe I hit them at the right time, but I didn’t pay that.

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
Yikes!

Did you actually get much communication from Acura North Austin? The last salesman I spoke to said he would get me a price, as did the salesperson who called and texted me before then... but I haven't heard anything since.

I'm in SA, and really don't mind a drive, but since Gunn is fixed on their ADM, Austin would be my closest bet.
North Austin the salesman I talked to was Adam. He was good. Said $1200 in accessories but no ADM and would take a deposit to get put on their list. A week ago he said they're at 25 people.

Wombo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota GR Supra
I bought from Vandergriff and maybe I hit them at the right time, but I didn’t pay that.
Yeah it sounds like some of these dealers that sold cheaper earlier on are now starting to hop on the markup bandwagon or something

suzysparks

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yikes!

I’m wondering if it’s because their waitlist is so long. Maybe not looking to keep adding names? Last I knew it was 30+ deep and that was over 2 months ago. Also, when I got on the list, no required accessories and I have it in writing. But it could be because I’ve bought 3 cars from them? Not sure.
Sponsored