Carbon fiber skinned center console

Kamikaze5PDR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec 6MT
I wanted to share what an Integra with decided to install a carbon skinned OEM center console panel and it looks beautiful. The carbon fiber material encased in clearcoat appears to shift as you look at it from different angles.
IMG_8213.jpeg

I previously had the center console trim wrapped in carbon fiber looking vinyl. However, after driving around and parking under the sun in Phoenix AZ, the wrap started doing funny things. I ordered a spare panel from the Honda dreamshop and went to a local carbon fiber fabrication shop for the work. I transferred over the mode selector switch and shift boot after I got the part back.
IMG_8209.jpeg

Other options I considered were:
1) Carbon fiber looking vinyl wrap (replaced with carbon skinned part)
2) Carbon fiber adhesive trim (cheap option, but only does the top)
3) Regenerative polymer paint (vinyl wrapping shop offered this service)
4) Color matching exterior paint (carbon metallic in my case)
5) Carbon fiber-ish plastic trim pieces sold on eBay (upon closer inspection the parts were not real carbon fiber and looked worse than vinyl wrap; final fit questionable)
IMG_8211.jpeg

I think most people that don’t visit hot climates will be happy with a vinyl wrap or adhesive trim. Matching or contrasting paint is a solid option if you don’t like the OEM piano black finish.
IMG_8214.jpeg

The carbon fiber skinning was not cheap, but may be something you may want to consider if want an interior mod that’s more durable.
Sponsored

Sponsored

Padre Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra A-Spec, Tech. MT
IMG_0182.jpeg
I have a carbon fiber overlay on the console that I found on Etsy. The unit here is awesome! WOW! The one that adheres to the top of the console will work for me for now. Sorry for most of the pic being of the floor mats, but you can see the console overlay.