btrip

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
20 RDX 03 Civic
Hey everyone,

Following up on a previous discussion in a separate thread, I’m trying to gauge interest in maybe setting up a track day(s) meetup for us eastern seaboard DE5 owners before the season ends. How awesome would that be?? I’d imagine somewhere in the mid-Atlantic area would be ideal, or anywhere we can get a good amount of people to show up and the price is reasonable for the amount of seat time we can get. Some tracks that come to mind are:

- Summit Point
- NJMP
- NY Safety Track
- VIR
- Pocono
- Mid-Ohio
- Watkins Glen
- Pitt Race

But I'm open to other suggestions if you have any. Ideally this would happen around late August, September or October. If we get enough people on board, we can start pulling the details together.

Please reply if you are interested and chime in with any ideas on when and where this could go down! We would obviously be piggy backing on an already scheduled open to the public track day, so even a small group would be fun. Track Night In America has a lot of events, as well as Mass Tuning and a few other groups.

P.S. Spread the word to other DE5/FL5/FK8 owners who might not be on here, or anyone with friends no matter what they drive who want to get their car out on track!
Sponsored

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Casting my Vote for the TrackDaze event at VIR on October 31, Nov 1. It's the best bang for the buck, temps are not too hot, and you get to run VIR's Grand Course and Full Course. Major deal. Instruction is free to those that would run in Novice group. $625 total for 2 days. 2 hours track time each day if you're novice, 3 hours track time each day for intermediate and up. Come on guys, let's go!!

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
That would be awesome!! Too far for me though. Tail of the Dragon is about 8-9 hours and probably the farthest east I'd go. Would love to see the content aftermath though!

OP
OP
btrip

btrip

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
20 RDX 03 Civic
Casting my Vote for the TrackDaze event at VIR on October 31, Nov 1. It's the best bang for the buck, temps are not too hot, and you get to run VIR's Grand Course and Full Course. Major deal. Instruction is free to those that would run in Novice group. $625 total for 2 days. 2 hours track time each day if you're novice, 3 hours track time each day for intermediate and up. Come on guys, let's go!!
man.. 9 hours of seat time over 2 days (except beginner/novice) at VIR would be pretty epic

OP
OP
btrip

btrip

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
20 RDX 03 Civic
That would be awesome!! Too far for me though. Tail of the Dragon is about 8-9 hours and probably the farthest east I'd go. Would love to see the content aftermath though!
That would be quite a hike for you.

Off-topic question from looking at your setup. You have no rubbing issues with 285/35-18s with +47? I’m thinking about going 285/30-18 on +45 18x9.5 wheels for my next set of track tires.

Sponsored

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
That would be quite a hike for you.

Off-topic question from looking at your setup. You have no rubbing issues with 285/35-18s with +47? I’m thinking about going 285/30-18 on +45 18x9.5 wheels for my next set of track tires.
Shouldn't be a problem for you at all. I'm lowered about 1" on Eibach Pro springs too. I've thought about a second setup with an overall narrower wheel but more offset like +38 to + 40 ish range

JR1de57

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura ITS (LCM) / 2001 Honda S2000 (SSM)
Come out! I live about an hour away!

In all honesty classic Hondas on the dragon is in the beginning of October... would be cool to see a bunch of de5s for that! (I know we obviously aren't the classics lol)

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Come out! I live about an hour away!

In all honesty classic Hondas on the dragon is in the beginning of October... would be cool to see a bunch of de5s for that! (I know we obviously aren't the classics lol)
I may just do that! I know a few DE5 guys that plan on going to that so far.
Sponsored