Door lock actuator noise

Imperial

First Name
Slava
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Acura RL Tech; 2024 Integra ASpec Tech
Hi all! I recently got 2024 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech and the car now has 300 miles. A few days ago, when I started driving, the door auto-lock closed all doors and driver's door lock made "eeerrrr" noise as if it is out of lube or space was tight.

One of these days, I parked my car for couple of hours and cooler wind was blowing onto the driver's side and today the sun was shining towards the driver's side.

I did hear similar noise on my 10+ year old Acura RL and Honda Fit. On the RL it was when temp was below 40 degrees and on the Fit, the sound was at random season.

Could it be that some temperature change can make the actuators emit noise? Anyone heard similar noise from their Integra?
Sponsored

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Mine make noise when they're cold....sometimes. it's so intermittent I haven't bothered to even attempt mentioning it to the dealer because I'm sure it wouldn't do it for them 😅

OP
OP

Imperial

First Name
Slava
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Acura RL Tech; 2024 Integra ASpec Tech
Mine make noise when they're cold....sometimes. it's so intermittent I haven't bothered to even attempt mentioning it to the dealer because I'm sure it wouldn't do it for them 😅
Right, it is intermittent. I mostly thought these actuators may make a noise only when they are cold or when getting old. Never heard this on a new vehicle. I wonder if outside of the door is getting hot/cold but inside temp still hasn't normalized then the actuator may make a noise. Dealer always wants to see/hear the issue before they begin diagnosis.
Sponsored