Sponsored

Factory Window Tint?

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Integra Aspec, '24 Integra Type S
I'm thinking about tinting the side windows, but I'd like to know where I'm starting from. Is there a standard tint level out of the factory with the Integra? To my untrained eye, the front and rear windows appear to have a light tint applied, and seem to be tinted to the same level.

Edit - after another cup of coffee, I'm thinking that what I'm seeing on the Integra is a darker glass than I've had on previous cars, not a tint. I'm also thinking that it doesn't matter how dark it is now, a 50% tint will make it 50% darker.

If that's the correct way to think about it, I promise to drink more coffee before posting next time.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
The place I have had my cars tinted at explained to me that all glass has a certain amount of light reflectivity and absorption. Factory tinted glass is usually around 15%. So, for me to not be illegal in VA - and as I've stated before, they can be dicks about it - the max they will do on any car is 35%. That way the cumulative effect of the glass and tint doesn't go past the state max of 50%. And, this tinting windshields thing I'm seeing absolutely blows my mind. Any tint on the windshield here has to be above the AS-1 line that is marked on the glass from the manufacturer, and it's way high up there. You only get a thin strip at the top, if you do that.

That's just what I was told.

OP
OP
KiloFTW

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Integra Aspec, '24 Integra Type S
I was wondering about the cumulative effect thanks. I’d rather not be illegal in surrounding states, so 35% might be my number too.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
I was wondering about the cumulative effect thanks. I’d rather not be illegal in surrounding states, so 35% might be my number too.
Legally, your tint only has to be legal in the state the car is registered. Someone from Texas or Florida can legally drive in VA with whatever super dark tint is legal for their state. But, as someone who has seen how easily just about any cop and create probably cause for a traffic stop, taking the safer route could be a wise choice.

Sponsored

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Love my 30% all around and 50% on windshield

Escobar929

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 BMW M2cs, 2023 Acura Integra
In FL anything over 27% is legal in the front, so I usually do 30% all around to keep it legal and looking even between front and rear