24 ITS, 20 Durango

pweizman

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Type S white on red
Picked up a K&N today, the 2013 Acura MDX is a direct fit, the part number is 33-2454, get some nice turbo sounds and a bit of blowoff, sounds nice but I don't think I am going to keep it in full time, was just curious because the car to me is very quiet on most sounds.
I installed this and it seemed to fit very well.

I was just searching today, and I see that the K&N Website actually lists this as the direct fit for the ITS:

33-5139 K&N REPLACEMENT AIR FILTER

Which is a bit different dimensionally. Like 3" difference in outside length & 2" in outside width.

I'm a bit surprised by this.

Anyone have any experience with the one K&N recommends?

Thanks,
Patrick

Last edited:

Sponsored

pweizman

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Type S white on red
A bit of an update. The K&N 33-2454 is what I installed. It is does in fact fit very well. It doesn't have the tab like the OEM one, but it is fine.

The one on K&N's website that is recommended for the ITS is the 33-5139. It says it is like 14" long. I'm not sure if that is a mistake or how they are measuring it, but the OEM and the 33-2454 is like ~11" long. So....not sure what is going on there.

I don't see how a 14" long filter would fit in the stock airbox.

Thanks,
Patrick

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
A bit of an update. The K&N 33-2454 is what I installed. It is does in fact fit very well. It doesn't have the tab like the OEM one, but it is fine.

The one on K&N's website that is recommended for the ITS is the 33-5139. It says it is like 14" long. I'm not sure if that is a mistake or how they are measuring it, but the OEM and the 33-2454 is like ~11" long. So....not sure what is going on there.

I don't see how a 14" long filter would fit in the stock airbox.

Thanks,
Patrick
Very odd... lol.
Sponsored