NotAnAlltrack

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra A-Spec Tech 6sp
Hi All,

I'm almost down to 20% on the oil usage meter and because I'm cheap I want to get my complimentary oil service. I'm at around 7,000 miles and YES, i already had my break-in change done at around 1,000 done by my indie.

Question is, can anyone in the Bergen/Essex county area recommend a dealer that won't ruin my car? I purchased the car from Acura of Montclair but not sure of their service.

Thanks in advance,

Mike
Sponsored

Genesiss

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
I have been using that dealership for 2 years and never had a problem.

OP
OP
NotAnAlltrack

NotAnAlltrack

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra A-Spec Tech 6sp
I used Anthony Balotta as my sales guy. He was great. Very knowledgeable and didn't pressure. He's a care guy. So, my purchasing experience was great until it got to the "my manager wants to see your trade in again" which is code for they want to find something to lower the already agreed upon price. And this is what happened. He wanted to knock off $500 because they found a "leak" at the rear main seal.

I said "thanks, but i'll be on my way" and the manager was a bit incredulous that i would walk away from a new car for $500. I told him I was just as surprised that he was going to lose a sale over $500. They let it go and i got the car.

As for Service, it was just an oil change rotation which I assume went well.

What was a bit confusing is that the "complimentary service" was plastered all over everything before the sale was made but not so surprisingly, service needed to check with three different people to see if my car now qualified. Just typical dealer nonsense.
Sponsored