captainkidd

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dodge Charger
Hi all.

Going to look at A-Spec and tech package tomorrow. The only thing I care about with the tech is the sound system. I don't need to feel like I'm at a concert but I like a decent sounding system. Currently in a Charger with an Alpine and it's just ok. How would you rate the standard audio?
Sponsored

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Integra Aspec, '24 Integra Type S
Hi all.

Going to look at A-Spec and tech package tomorrow. The only thing I care about with the tech is the sound system. I don't need to feel like I'm at a concert but I like a decent sounding system. Currently in a Charger with an Alpine and it's just ok. How would you rate the standard audio?
I like the sound system. Better than anything I’ve had before. No complaints.

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Get the ELS. Worth the few k more and you get the upgraded seats with memory, hud, wireless android auto or car play, wireless charger.
I had a loaner aspec without the tech package and the radio was really disappointing

SuperCyan

First Name
Xavian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec w/ Tech CVT
Everything below the A-Spec w/Tech gets generic Acura speakers, not the ELS branded ones so I'd assume they are nothing better than what you'd get in any Honda which are never that great really. The trim levels differ a lot compared to the TLX/RDX/MDX since there's just fewer trims overall so they jam packed most of features into the A-Spec w/Tech and kinda left the base and A-Spec out to dry.

Honestly, as much as I love this car I'd say it's really only worth it with the tech package. It's a huge difference with what it adds. Otherwise I think looking for a fully loaded Civic hatchback as it's basically the same and actually better in some ways than base Integra's since you get the bigger 9" screen, 12-speaker Bose etc.. Integra at all trims should have the bigger infotainment at least. Think Acura could've done better in that regard.

To answer the question fully, the difference I'm between the 8-speaker system the non Tech cars get versus the 16-Speaker ELS system the Tech package cars get is night and day. It's easily one of, if not the best car audio system under $40,000. Never want another car without such a system, but I'm also HUGE into music so it's very important to me to have good audio and this definitely checks that box. Even if that is the only thing you get value from with the Tech package (all the other features are very nice to have as well), I'd still say it's worth it 100%

Last edited:

Sponsored

edlchiang62

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura A-spec
Coming from a 2018 Honda Fit EX with a horrible 6 speaker sound system I think the non tech 8 speaker sound system is pretty good. I have never heard a premium system like the ESL, however.

theonyx_bear

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec
I've got the regular A-Spec and I do not have an issue with the regular 8 speaker audio system. Granted, I'm sure I would absolutely love the ELS audio, but I'm certainly not dissappointed by the regular speakers. However, if any of the other features of the tech package interest you, I would go that route.

Wojo

First Name
Beef Cake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec CVT, 2015 TLX , 2002 TL Type S
if the sound system is what you want the most ( which was what i wanted ) then you have to go
with the ELS system, sound is great, Acura doesn't do everything good, but the ELS is one of the best,
also i really like the touch screen compared to the " mouse pad " that is in the other Acura's

OP
OP

captainkidd

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dodge Charger
Thanks for all the opinions. Just signed on the A-Spec with Tech package, blue exterior black interior. Pretty happy. Went with a lease. $0 down, $549 per month.

Sponsored

Wojo

First Name
Beef Cake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec CVT, 2015 TLX , 2002 TL Type S
Thanks for all the opinions. Just signed on the A-Spec with Tech package, blue exterior black interior. Pretty happy. Went with a lease. $0 down, $549 per month.
I've got the blue & black, the blue looks real nice, you will enjoy

missmyegg

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec CVT, 2016 Accord Sport
I know this thread is dead but if anyone else is looking for opinions: I have the base sound system (A-Spec) and it really sucks. My old 2018 Civic EX Hatch had a much better stock sound system. Also, the smaller screen is a real disappointment as well, it even lacks the trip computer that shows trip (MPG) history. Regrets...
Sponsored