PRL Turbo Inlet Sound Comparison Video / Thoughts

notorious9i6

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS, 2017 NSX
It's definitely a nice piece but I'm unsure if it really does anything besides a bling piece in the engine bay. I can't hear the difference or feel anything which I kind of expected from what others have said. It can't hurt right? Should help smooth out the airflow and increase performance even if my butt dyno can't feel it.

From their website:

Technical Notes:
Maximize your FL5's engine intake system and turbocharger potential with the PRL Motorsports Turbocharger Inlet Pipe Kit. This kit is a direct bolt-on upgrade that eliminates intake airflow restriction before the turbocharger, allowing the turbocharger to operate more efficiently. Our design utilizes a cast aluminum inlet piece to allow smooth transition from the gasket-matched 64mm ID compressor inlet to a 80mm OD / 78mm ID outlet throughout the Titanium crossover pipe. This kit is the largest inlet pipe available and offers over a 50% increase in airflow volume in comparison to the factory inlet pipe! Increased bottom-end power and spool.

Made a video for those who want to hear it.

Sponsored

Fred 930

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW GTI
If something as stupidly simple as a pipe made any significant difference -- the factory engineers would have put one on. They go to great lengths to gain HP, driveability, reliability, and sound. But if you think it looks pretty - then by all means, go for it.

OP
OP
notorious9i6

notorious9i6

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS, 2017 NSX
If something as stupidly simple as a pipe made any significant difference -- the factory engineers would have put one on. They go to great lengths to gain HP, driveability, reliability, and sound. But if you think it looks pretty - then by all means, go for it.
Some can say that's what just a catback exhaust does too. A larger diameter pipe, and smoother flow should help with performance.

The stock Integra Type S is already fantastic car, so staying pure to the original design is something many should do.

Last edited:

nawfoo

First Name
Kay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
You're going to have to modify the turbo inlet housing for a aggressive turbo sound. The modification is specifically called a T 51 R Mod from old school HKS turbos.