Sponsored

Should I remove adam's graphene coating before installing side spoilers?

Big Duck

First Name
Big
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
I am getting a bit eager to install some new side skirts that I got today. My only concern is that I previously applied adam's graphene ceramic coating advanced and the 3m tape may not adhere to the car. Do I have to polish this panel before installing?

pic for reference
1715986579936-xn.png
Sponsored

TopazM3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 LCM Integra Type S
Generally, the various ceramic type coatings keep things from sticking to the paint, so it would be wise to do so

OP
OP
Big Duck

Big Duck

First Name
Big
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
Generally, the various ceramic type coatings keep things from sticking to the paint, so it would be wise to do so
I figured.... I did wrap the roof of the car and it stuck to it no problem. It's also not supporting any weight so I guess polishing is the only option. I know nothing about it so do you have any recommendations for a budget polisher?

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Which side skirts are they? I've only seen and used Artwork Bodyshop so far. He mentioned to wait a few weeks before adding a coating to let the paint have more time to fully "cure" or something like that. I'd have to look it up again

OP
OP
Big Duck

Big Duck

First Name
Big
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
Which side skirts are they? I've only seen and used Artwork Bodyshop so far. He mentioned to wait a few weeks before adding a coating to let the paint have more time to fully "cure" or something like that. I'd have to look it up again
They’re the oem side skirt “spoilers”
IMG_4224.jpeg

Sponsored

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Oh right on, nice!

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
if they are held on by adhesive, I would highly recommend using 3M Adhesive Promoter. That stuff works great and will ensure a strong lasting bond. Get it on Amazon.

TopazM3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 LCM Integra Type S
I figured.... I did wrap the roof of the car and it stuck to it no problem. It's also not supporting any weight so I guess polishing is the only option. I know nothing about it so do you have any recommendations for a budget polisher?
i guess you could polish it off, but I was thinking more along the lines of using paint prep type solvent/ cleaner then isopropyl alcohol over the area that you’re sticking the part on. I’ll be doing the same thing when my Artwork spoiler arrIves.

Reactions: JW3
OP
OP
Big Duck

Big Duck

First Name
Big
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
i guess you could polish it off, but I was thinking more along the lines of using paint prep type solvent/ cleaner then isopropyl alcohol over the area that you’re sticking the part on. I’ll be doing the same thing when my Artwork spoiler arrIves.
Got any favorite brands of paint prep solvent?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Big Duck

Big Duck

First Name
Big
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
update on this.

I reached out to adam's polish support, they confirmed that I could use meguiars ultimate compound and a soft foam applicator pad to remove the graphene coat. I'll post more updates as I get them installed.

OP
OP
Big Duck

Big Duck

First Name
Big
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
final update. I used a meguiars soft foam applicator pad from autozone and ultimate compound. Cleaned it off with water and checked for spots where the water would run off quickly to see if there was still coating applied to the panel. You want to see the water pooling on the panel much like an uncoated car.
This video helps with technique and cleanup.

thankfully the paint didn’t cloud up like the guy in the video mentioned, so I went straight from compound to graphene coat again. YMMV though…
Sponsored