It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Save the dates!

Come join us at Deals Gap and the legendary Tail of the Dragon!

I'll be posting updates in this thread as they come out

Join the CivicX+ Wake the Dragon Facebook page to sign up

https://m.facebook.com/groups/wakethedragon/

Sponsored

OP
OP
86salmon

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Build Thread
Link
I guess I should post some background about Wake the Dragon for those unfamiliar

It's my favorite car meetup by far. I've also gone Classic Hondas on the Dragon a few times and will be back again this October. Wake is very different. While CHD is huge and has a great meetup portion with a large variety of old Hondas and wild builds, Wake is more about the roads

Some folks arrive the Wednesday or Thursday before so that they can get good clean runs on the Dragon and explore the Smokey Mountains.

On Friday, there's usually a newcomer drive in the morning. That evening there's a meet and greet and folks will get their welcome packets

Saturday there's traditionally a rally at the Fontana dam for a group photo before driving groups head out. Folks usually run the Dragon and loop back to Deals Gap via the Cherohala Skyway with stops for lunch and at the Killboy T-shirt shop and/or 129hub.

Groups are split up before hand by the pace drivers of are confident in running. Slow medium and fast. While we're up there to have fun, we encourage everyone to be safe and NOT push beyond your comfortas well as maintaining proper mountain etiquette

After the days runs there's a car show at Fontana villages followed by a BBQ banquet and charity raffle that usually has pretty amazing door prizes

Honda pro Jason, Derek Robinson, Two Step Performance, Hybrid Racing, Unity Performance, and Wunderladen Racing were all present at last year's event and have away gift certificates, a free tune, a shifter assembly and loads of other swag

The best part is being able to actually meet and talk to other enthusiasts. This meet is very much about the community and of course, that amazing bunch of roads!!

Things to see in the area? The Dragon and Skyway are both phenomenal drives. Dragon is white knuckle twists and turns. Skyway has long fast sweepers and pull offs with great views. Foothills parkway is a slow road along the top of a ridge with great views of the valleys below.

Also nearby are Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Maggie Valley, Pisgah National Forest, and Smokey Mountains National Park

The Blue ridge parkway runs through a lot of these sights. I love highway 28, the Moonshiner. It climbs up the mountain from Walhalla, SC all the way to Deals Gap and the Dragon. It's a great road with just as many technical sections as the Dragon, but more spread out and with great views, waterfall hikes, and nice towns along the way

I'll continue posting more info about the meet as it becomes available

MacKharoni

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic 06 si, Infiniti G37, Acura Integra Type S 24
I guess I should post some background about Wake the Dragon for those unfamiliar

It's my favorite car meetup by far. I've also gone Classic Hondas on the Dragon a few times and will be back again this October. Wake is very different. While CHD is huge and has a great meetup portion with a large variety of old Hondas and wild builds, Wake is more about the roads

Some folks arrive the Wednesday or Thursday before so that they can get good clean runs on the Dragon and explore the Smokey Mountains.

On Friday, there's usually a newcomer drive in the morning. That evening there's a meet and greet and folks will get their welcome packets

Saturday there's traditionally a rally at the Fontana dam for a group photo before driving groups head out. Folks usually run the Dragon and loop back to Deals Gap via the Cherohala Skyway with stops for lunch and at the Killboy T-shirt shop and/or 129hub.

Groups are split up before hand by the pace drivers of are confident in running. Slow medium and fast. While we're up there to have fun, we encourage everyone to be safe and NOT push beyond your comfortas well as maintaining proper mountain etiquette

After the days runs there's a car show at Fontana villages followed by a BBQ banquet and charity raffle that usually has pretty amazing door prizes

Honda pro Jason, Derek Robinson, Two Step Performance, Hybrid Racing, Unity Performance, and Wunderladen Racing were all present at last year's event and have away gift certificates, a free tune, a shifter assembly and loads of other swag

The best part is being able to actually meet and talk to other enthusiasts. This meet is very much about the community and of course, that amazing bunch of roads!!

Things to see in the area? The Dragon and Skyway are both phenomenal drives. Dragon is white knuckle twists and turns. Skyway has long fast sweepers and pull offs with great views. Foothills parkway is a slow road along the top of a ridge with great views of the valleys below.

Also nearby are Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Maggie Valley, Pisgah National Forest, and Smokey Mountains National Park

The Blue ridge parkway runs through a lot of these sights. I love highway 28, the Moonshiner. It climbs up the mountain from Walhalla, SC all the way to Deals Gap and the Dragon. It's a great road with just as many technical sections as the Dragon, but more spread out and with great views, waterfall hikes, and nice towns along the way

I'll continue posting more info about the meet as it becomes available
I can't wait to come back. It always a good time at Wake the Dragon

KevCarver

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Aspec 6MT Platinum White Pearl/Orchid
Not sure if the dates line up, but if you’re ever in the area when Fiddies For Life are racing at Deal’s Gap store check that out for sure! They run 50cc dirt bikes heavily modified and tuned up for street circuit racing in the parking lot. Starts around 8pm and goes to 10 or so.
It’s generally the only thing that can get me to drive/ride The Dragon these days and I know at least once was during Classic Hondas weekend. I had to post on the Civic forum because I had no idea why so many old Hondas were around! 🤣

OP
OP
86salmon

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Build Thread
Link
Not sure if the dates line up, but if you’re ever in the area when Fiddies For Life are racing at Deal’s Gap store check that out for sure! They run 50cc dirt bikes heavily modified and tuned up for street circuit racing in the parking lot. Starts around 8pm and goes to 10 or so.
It’s generally the only thing that can get me to drive/ride The Dragon these days and I know at least once was during Classic Hondas weekend. I had to post on the Civic forum because I had no idea why so many old Hondas were around! 🤣

The pit bike racing is a hoot!! The small bore rally is another entertaining sight. Nothing but Groms, Super cubs, Monkeys, and Ruckuses up there

Sponsored

OP
OP
86salmon

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Build Thread
Link