Sponsored

vexingv

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS LCM/Red; '16 BMW M235-xdrive
Yeah don't forget that ADM'S and accessories are taxable. So that's almost another 10% in CA. "Dealer Document fees" vary from region to region , and may be regulated. I was told that in CA the fee is capped by the state at $85. In contrast, i bought a car out of state in Colorado last year and the fee was $700. But I don't think those fees are taxable. Of course tax and dmv fees are variable according to your individual locality
Sponsored

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Yeah the "administrative fees" are a regular occurrence and have been seemingly since the dawn of time. I wouldn't worry too much about it, but also at the same time it is pretty much just lining the dealer's pockets and providing inconsequential "value"... just part of the game.

What I'm more concerned about with these "MSRP dealers" is getting lowballed on a trade and/or mandatory add-on crap like ceramic coating for $2500...

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 M2 Manual
Arlington Acura in IL has a white with red interior model for sale.

quoted me at 5k over msrp and I passed

muellers Acura also 5k over as someone else pointed out

Gregg

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP Teg Type S '87 & '88 CRX Si, '96 Civic EX
What I'm more concerned about with these "MSRP dealers" is getting lowballed on a trade and/or mandatory add-on crap like ceramic coating for $2500...
Thankfully no required add-ons at my MSRP dealer and if they want to start getting funny w/ trade-in prices, I'll have my quote in hand from CarMax, which is a 5min walk down the road. Of course that leads me to more mental gymnastics than my puny brain was built for--In NC the trade-in amount is subtracted from the taxable amount. How much can the dealer screw me on the trade before I lose money on the overall deal?

MickleNoot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
(Soon) '24 Integra Type S, '70 RB26-powered 240Z
Thankfully no required add-ons at my MSRP dealer and if they want to start getting funny w/ trade-in prices, I'll have my quote in hand from CarMax, which is a 5min walk down the road. Of course that leads me to more mental gymnastics than my puny brain was built for--In NC the trade-in amount is subtracted from the taxable amount. How much can the dealer screw me on the trade before I lose money on the overall deal?
Just calculate the sales tax negated by your trade in value. In TX its 6.25%, so say $20k trade in, that'd reduce your overall tax burden by $1250. So, if you can get more than $21250 for it elsewhere, that would be the better deal.

Sponsored

Gregg

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP Teg Type S '87 & '88 CRX Si, '96 Civic EX
Just calculate the sales tax negated by your trade in value. In TX its 6.25%, so say $20k trade in, that'd reduce your overall tax burden by $1250. So, if you can get more than $21250 for it elsewhere, that would be the better deal.
Thanks…it was more a rhetorical question. I joke with folks that I got into IT years ago solely because I can’t do simple math in my head and need a computer…or calculator…or abacus.

MickleNoot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
(Soon) '24 Integra Type S, '70 RB26-powered 240Z
Thanks…it was more a rhetorical question. I joke with folks that I got into IT years ago solely because I can’t do simple math in my head and need a computer…or calculator…or abacus.
Lol my bad, that went right over my head. I'm right there with you; I work in IT and my brother is a welder, and he does way more complex math on a daily basis than I'll ever have to.

SpencerDawgg

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2004 RSX Type-S APB
wo years cause I have a ba
I went to my nearest Dealer, Naley Acura, in GA and tested drive the car. It definitely was a fun care. I used to own an S4 and this one was more fun to drive. I also was able to reserve a black/black on May 11. I had a conversation with the sales rep before the reservation and he said he would sell it to me at MSRP. I went today and he kept his promise so I am a happy man!!! Now waiting for the car to arrive.
Below is the sticker on the demo car. Please add this dealer to the honest dealer list.
IMG_3869.jpg
Test drove this one today, confirmed Nalley Acura in Marietta, GA is selling at MSRP. Also mentioned that they would be getting 9-10 cars allocated this year in addition to any pre orders

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
So I ran into this--I requested offers from Vroom and Carmax, and "coincidentally" my trade-in offer from the MSRP dealership was about 10% less than Carmax and Vroom but almost exactly $100 more than I stood to gain with Carmax or Vroom after factoring in Ohio's trade-in tax credit. The dealership was all too happy to tout how beneficial the trade-in tax credit is, but I was quick to highlight how it was actually being twisted to their benefit. Credit to CarEdge/YourAutoAdvocate for preparing me for what to expect and how to fight.

I was pretty relentless about getting a fair number for my trade-in, and ultimately got them to come up ~$1,500 on my trade + discount a handful of accessories, getting me to a value I was happy with. I think it helped that I had several options--I could comfortably buy the ITS in cash and keep my potential trade-in, I could sell my car to Vroom/Carvana eliminating the dealership's potential profit on my trade-in even if I paid more in net taxes (I insisted I was willing to do this on principle), and I was still 3rd on this dealership's waiting list (another chance to buy right around the corner) + first on the list of a competitor (yet another chance to buy).

Prepare to be lowballed on MSRP deals, and prepare for all dealerships to hammer on scarcity. The salesman and the GM were both pretty adamant that if I didn't buy the car at the price they were offering, someone else gladly would (and likely for even more)... and I have to admit they were 100% correct on that.

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 M2 Manual
I called Ed Napleton Acura in Elmhurst IL as they had a White/Red unit available.

They would not release pricing over the phone and would only discuss in person. I told them I was not going to waste my time to drive over there for an inevitable markup. Frustrating.

Sponsored

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I called Ed Napleton Acura in Elmhurst IL as they had a White/Red unit available.

They would not release pricing over the phone and would only discuss in person. I told them I was not going to waste my time to drive over there for an inevitable markup. Frustrating.
Yeah, run don't walk away from that one. Complete horseshit to make you go in there, bush league.

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 M2 Manual
Yeah, run don't walk away from that one. Complete horseshit to make you go in there, bush league.
Yea, I just found this out as well:

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/new...ler-napleton-sneaking-illegal-junk-fees-bills

They're a well known shady dealer so I'm not sure why I even bothered.

If anyone knows a dealer within 2 hrs of Chicago that has Type S inventory at MSPR let me know lol. I'm sure most places have a wait though.

I can see why car enthusiasm is dying for most. Almost all of the fun enthusiast cars are impossible to find right now. I've been on a slew of M2 and Supra lists, and I just now have started my search for a Type S and it's very difficult to find inventory that isn't marked up through the roof or available at all even.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yea, I just found this out as well:

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/new...ler-napleton-sneaking-illegal-junk-fees-bills

They're a well known shady dealer so I'm not sure why I even bothered.

If anyone knows a dealer within 2 hrs of Chicago that has Type S inventory at MSPR let me know lol. I'm sure most places have a wait though.

I can see why car enthusiasm is dying for most. Almost all of the fun enthusiast cars are impossible to find right now. I've been on a slew of M2 and Supra lists, and I just now have started my search for a Type S and it's very difficult to find inventory that isn't marked up through the roof or available at all even.
In fairness, the only cars available at all right now are the demo units, and they can't be delivered until mid-July.

I think there are some folks who are taking delivery on their preorder cars, as I've seen some shots of the black on black cars over the weekend (that I can't seem to find now...), and I think they were allowed to deliver those cars to those who were lucky enough to have ordered through the dealers that have received them. Other than that, you won't find any inventory as there are still many folks who snuck into the preorder list from the May 11 fiasco whose cars haven't even been built yet.

I think if you're patient, you'll get a car at an acceptable price. But I wouldn't expect availability to improve for a couple months at least.

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 M2 Manual
In fairness, the only cars available at all right now are the demo units, and they can't be delivered until mid-July.

I think there are some folks who are taking delivery on their preorder cars, as I've seen some shots of the black on black cars over the weekend (that I can't seem to find now...), and I think they were allowed to deliver those cars to those who were lucky enough to have ordered through the dealers that have received them. Other than that, you won't find any inventory as there are still many folks who snuck into the preorder list from the May 11 fiasco whose cars haven't even been built yet.

I think if you're patient, you'll get a car at an acceptable price. But I wouldn't expect availability to improve for a couple months at least.
For the two White/Red units that I found locally I asked multiple times if they were demos as I understand all of the demos are White/Red and they assured me they were available for sale. They also didn't look like they had the mandatory accessories for the demo cars either interestingly enough.

Regardless, I will likely have to wait as you mentioned. I wish Acura provided more cars at launch but that's just how it is. Still better than the 1.5-2 yr wait I was quoted on the M2.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
For the two White/Red units that I found locally I asked multiple times if they were demos as I understand all of the demos are White/Red and they assured me they were available for sale. They also didn't look like they had the mandatory accessories for the demo cars either interestingly enough.

Regardless, I will likely have to wait as you mentioned. I wish Acura provided more cars at launch but that's just how it is. Still better than the 1.5-2 yr wait I was quoted on the M2.
The G87 is hard to find? Interesting. Maybe call around, I was told by my local dealer a few weeks ago when I was still interested in the G87 that he didn't think inventory would be a problem, and it wouldn't be hard to find one at MSRP.

It's interesting to me that cars are apparently "available" but preorders haven't been delivered yet. I think these dealers might be yanking your chain. Many dealers will "advertise" cars that they do not have in inventory. That's probably what's happening here.

Supply will be tight and unscrupulous dealers will demand a markup at least until there are readily available cars sitting on lots, that's just the world we live in now. They will be sitting on lots eventually, and I think a lot of these dealers who are "demanding" markups will end up folding in the end.
Sponsored