Sponsored

Those of us in Type S dealer limbo, what are you doing in the meantime?

jrodtypeS

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic type R
LOL, I am VERY familiar with that image :) Not sure why I continue to torture myself but trying not to piss off my sales manager at the dealer too much.

Any idea if LCM is actually going into production this week?? I can wait, even though it sucks, but if Red leapfrogs us (as reported) I will be pissed.
Hi. I am first in line at my dealership. I want a white/ebony. The dealership offered me a LCM/Ebony that would come at the end of August. So it sounds like they should be building the LCM this month. Hope you get word on your car soon. I have no idea when I am getting mine.
Sponsored

Hakmamba

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000, T4R V8, Prius Prime, Integra Type S
The dealer Iā€™m in contact with is $5K over MSRP on the CTR. However, Iā€™m attempting to utilize my contact there (one of the owners) to persuade them to sell me one of their 2024 allocations at MSRP. They havenā€™t told me ā€˜noā€™. But, I have the feeling they want to wait until January before making a decision. Basically, if the market softens, Iā€™m confident theyā€™ll accept. But, if demand remains high, my chances are not goodā€¦..and ITS it is!

Mike

TBH if i could get a CTR (in champ white) for 5K ADM now, i would jump on it. If i could get a launch car (in California) at MSRP i would be on that too. Congrats to all those who have a ITS. I waited the whole life cycle for a FK8 and not once could I get one at MSRP in California. I don't think it's improving for the FL5. In the meantime for those who are waiting, I would be more interested on anyone contemplating their current car (daily or recreational) in anticipation for the ITS, that the boat im in.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Judging by the posts in this group, there will not be available inventory for many months to come. Members of this group have reserved everything! :thumbsup:
many have down payments down with no idea if theyā€™ll receive any allocation in the near future

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
All I've been doing in the meantime is still checking the website every day & the other dealership near me keeps moving their cars with no hiccups on VIN/true in transit statuses/etc. that we're seeing, at least with the LCM/red. So just waiting impatiently.

Sponsored

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
A few more LCM owners popped up on FB.šŸ˜ž

KindaACarGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S (ABP/Black) ; Tacoma TRD
many have down payments down with no idea if theyā€™ll receive any allocation in the near future
Oh, I get it now. I didnā€™t think of it that way. I am an optimist and assume my allocation will arrive in the next month or two.

Heyou87

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr corolla
I think now being in this limbo has killed some of the hype for me. I put a deposit down in march at the one Acura in the Bay Area that isnā€™t doing a markup (1k in add on). When I made that deposit, they told me Iā€™m one of the first to do so.

Fast forward to the test drive a few weeks back and I was told Iā€™m 3rd in line by my sales person. She is nice but doesnā€™t give me many updates. So I called today and spoke to the sales manager who I have met before. He told me they just got two and those are accounted for and that I am 4th on the list of buyers that do t have a car assigned. In my head I was like that would technically make me 6th in line from the get go. Kinda frustrating to say the least.

Might be a knee jerk reaction but now I think I should just lease an M2 instead and buy a minivan for family.

OP
OP

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
I think now being in this limbo has killed some of the hype for me. I put a deposit down in march at the one Acura in the Bay Area that isnā€™t doing a markup (1k in add on). When I made that deposit, they told me Iā€™m one of the first to do so.

Fast forward to the test drive a few weeks back and I was told Iā€™m 3rd in line by my sales person. She is nice but doesnā€™t give me many updates. So I called today and spoke to the sales manager who I have met before. He told me they just got two and those are accounted for and that I am 4th on the list of buyers that do t have a car assigned. In my head I was like that would technically make me 6th in line from the get go. Kinda frustrating to say the least.

Might be a knee jerk reaction but now I think I should just lease an M2 instead and buy a minivan for family.
That's fucking horrible, and not cool at all. I don't think it's a knee jerk reaction at all, but it may be worth having a word with him about your previous conversations with the others, if they're unwilling to budge get it in an email that you are 4th in line and if they change it again raise a fuss.

I think it's important for all of us, myself included to understand a few things:

- despite what the salesmen may say, a lot of the people on the list currently will drop off; whether that be because of situations like yours, or the inability to wait.

- this car, being hard to come by now, will not be that way forever. Even if the production estimates are way off, if it's somehow 2000 a year basically everyone here will get one.

My word of advice to all of us, myself included: I have wanted a Type R since 2016, when I first learned of them. I had to compromise because I needed a new car. I setyled. Then, last year, that car was totaled. Just in time for the 11th Gen Type R release. I couldn't wait, yet again, so I "compromised" for my a spec tech. Then, here I am now, with my A-spec Tech totaled just time for me to get in line for a Type S. I've considered going for other cars, maybe even getting another A-spec Tech, but each time I remind myself of the feeling of regret of not waiting. The neverending thought in the back of my head of wanting the Type R never stopped, even when I had my A-spec. Of course I was able to reason it down, ignore it, and tell myself one day. But it never stopped.

If you find yourself in that situation, wait. Buy a fun little beater, maybe an older civic or an older CRV with a stick shift. Something cheap to tide you over. Just be patient, keep in constant communication with your dealer, and maybe even contact new dealers as I have to see if somebody has a better or similar deal, but don't let up. I'm in contact with 3 dealers in my area, 1 which is great and I have no doubt I'll get one from them. The other is better in the sense of I think I will be able to get one from them, but whether or not they budge from ADM is something else. The last, is phenomenal as well, but their sales manager is keeping quite a few details from the salesman and I think they very well could burn me. But no matter, do not let them forget that while the car may be in high demand now it won't always be.

The TLX Type S was hard to come by at first, then they ramped up production, and even a dealer I'm working with recently had 4 come in all at once: with one unspoken for. If you look at other Acura dealers you may see the same thing. It's a beautiful car, and ultimately the only thing that separates it from the Integra is size, comfort, features, and transmission. The Integra Type S is ONLY sold in NA, and it's made here.

Also do not let them forget that you are more valuable. They can't keep up with their bullshit markups and sell instantly forever. There have been TWO Type R's in my area over the last month, one sat for 3 weeks, and the other is on its 2nd week of sitting. Granted, they're marked up so reasonable people will pass. It's just, if the markup was as justified as they claim, they would have sold instantly.

Be patient my friends. It will be a lot of work for us to stay calm and stay on pace. If my post here has helped you work through this, whether to keep waiting or to move on, I'm glad. All of this is coming from my personal process, cause even though I know I can wait I'm literally losing my mind thinking about it. šŸ¤£

Sponsored

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)

Just a note, those 2 that are accounted for are likely pre-orders that did not come out of their allocation. They have no control over them as it was through the pre-order system.

OP
OP

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
Just a note, those 2 that are accounted for are likely pre-orders that did not come out of their allocation. They have no control over them as it was through the pre-order system.
This! Some dealers aren't able to discern whether the preorders are in the queue or not. One of my dealers said a few preorders are also wait... I hope they back out šŸ¤£

Heyou87

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr corolla
That's fucking horrible, and not cool at all. I don't think it's a knee jerk reaction at all, but it may be worth having a word with him about your previous conversations with the others, if they're unwilling to budge get it in an email that you are 4th in line and if they change it again raise a fuss.

I think it's important for all of us, myself included to understand a few things:

- despite what the salesmen may say, a lot of the people on the list currently will drop off; whether that be because of situations like yours, or the inability to wait.

- this car, being hard to come by now, will not be that way forever. Even if the production estimates are way off, if it's somehow 2000 a year basically everyone here will get one.

My word of advice to all of us, myself included: I have wanted a Type R since 2016, when I first learned of them. I had to compromise because I needed a new car. I setyled. Then, last year, that car was totaled. Just in time for the 11th Gen Type R release. I couldn't wait, yet again, so I "compromised" for my a spec tech. Then, here I am now, with my A-spec Tech totaled just time for me to get in line for a Type S. I've considered going for other cars, maybe even getting another A-spec Tech, but each time I remind myself of the feeling of regret of not waiting. The neverending thought in the back of my head of wanting the Type R never stopped, even when I had my A-spec. Of course I was able to reason it down, ignore it, and tell myself one day. But it never stopped.

If you find yourself in that situation, wait. Buy a fun little beater, maybe an older civic or an older CRV with a stick shift. Something cheap to tide you over. Just be patient, keep in constant communication with your dealer, and maybe even contact new dealers as I have to see if somebody has a better or similar deal, but don't let up. I'm in contact with 3 dealers in my area, 1 which is great and I have no doubt I'll get one from them. The other is better in the sense of I think I will be able to get one from them, but whether or not they budge from ADM is something else. The last, is phenomenal as well, but their sales manager is keeping quite a few details from the salesman and I think they very well could burn me. But no matter, do not let them forget that while the car may be in high demand now it won't always be.

The TLX Type S was hard to come by at first, then they ramped up production, and even a dealer I'm working with recently had 4 come in all at once: with one unspoken for. If you look at other Acura dealers you may see the same thing. It's a beautiful car, and ultimately the only thing that separates it from the Integra is size, comfort, features, and transmission. The Integra Type S is ONLY sold in NA, and it's made here.

Also do not let them forget that you are more valuable. They can't keep up with their bullshit markups and sell instantly forever. There have been TWO Type R's in my area over the last month, one sat for 3 weeks, and the other is on its 2nd week of sitting. Granted, they're marked up so reasonable people will pass. It's just, if the markup was as justified as they claim, they would have sold instantly.

Be patient my friends. It will be a lot of work for us to stay calm and stay on pace. If my post here has helped you work through this, whether to keep waiting or to move on, I'm glad. All of this is coming from my personal process, cause even though I know I can wait I'm literally losing my mind thinking about it. šŸ¤£
Honestly, I probably just need to stop checking inventory and getting my hopes up. I saw that this dealing was getting 3 in transit and thought the was going to be one of them. So it was a big letdown to find out I was actually 6th (now 4).

Iā€™m warming up to the idea of leasing the M2 for a bit and maybe coming back to the type s for the cycle refresh. Hopefully they will addthe rear vents and arm rest by then haha. Also the lease would be beneficial for tax reason if I used me corporation. So that an added pro.

OP
OP

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
Honestly, I probably just need to stop checking inventory and getting my hopes up. I saw that this dealing was getting 3 in transit and thought the was going to be one of them. So it was a big letdown to find out I was actually 6th (now 4).

Iā€™m warming up to the idea of leasing the M2 for a bit and maybe coming back to the type s for the cycle refresh. Hopefully they will addthe rear vents and arm rest by then haha. Also the lease would be beneficial for tax reason if I used me corporation. So that an added pro.
Well shit if you do, let me know. I'll take your spot šŸ˜…. My best friend is a car hauler out in California, I could easily get him to pick up from the bay area and I head down to San Diego to pick it up.

Hakmamba

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000, T4R V8, Prius Prime, Integra Type S

Who was the dealer? Oh that note...pass on the Minivan you'll thank me later
Sponsored