Sponsored

DIY Oil Change Recommendation

PRDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra Type S
When my sales person told me about the 2 year free maintenance (nothing is for free at a car dealer) I told him I wouldn’t be bringing my car in for them. Then I said that I actually enjoy changing the oil in my cars, he looked at me like I was crazy. I wanted a discount since I wasn’t using them, he said he couldn’t discount anything.
Sponsored

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
When my sales person told me about the 2 year free maintenance (nothing is for free at a car dealer) I told him I wouldn’t be bringing my car in for them. Then I said that I actually enjoy changing the oil in my cars, he looked at me like I was crazy. I wanted a discount since I wasn’t using them, he said he couldn’t discount anything.

I believe it's free not because they bake the cost into the price of the car, but because the around $50 in cost they spend per oil change (likely times 2, max 4) is an investment to A) get you into the dealership where they train you to come to them for service and B) while a lot less likely, they have an opportunity to find other work on the car.

I'm sure it's a calculated gamble by Acura US and it's also it's a market expectation.
Sponsored