Buy now at MSRP or wait for details on 2025

Vinnie

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS LSM
So I’ve found myself in a predicament. I’ve found a local dealer willing to sell at MSRP. They’ve got two silver, one dark grey, one red, one black. I’m leaning towards silver or grey. And they have the black interior with no add on’s. Should I:

a.) pull the trigger and enjoy this moment

b.) hold out and wait to see if 2025 offers and improvements (memory seat, homelink, etc.)

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored

CatBus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
I hope the 2025 has memory seats and we can mod our 2024s with memory seats.

if you can wait you should wait IMO.

OP
OP
Vinnie

Vinnie

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS LSM
I hope the 2025 has memory seats and we can mod our 2024s with memory seats.

if you can wait you should wait IMO.
The thing is, my wife and I are the same height. We never have to adjust our seats…

GoldenItsFan

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
So I’ve found myself in a predicament. I’ve found a local dealer willing to sell at MSRP. They’ve got two silver, one dark grey, one red, one black. I’m leaning towards silver or grey. And they have the black interior with no add on’s. Should I:

b.) hold out and wait to see if 2025 offers and improvements (memory seat, homelink, etc.)

Thanks for the help!
This is definitely one of those "to each their own" moments, but as a current owner for about a month now, it's a whole ton of fun (I bought mine used from Carmax for close to MSRP for what it's worth as there was only one color combo that I wanted).

In terms of weighing the options,

a) It is an absolute blast to drive, not sure how it would compare to the speed3, but you would definitely enjoy the moment!

b) So in terms of its "missing" features, you can add homelink, power folding and tilting side mirrors, and rear vents + usb(those last two are a bit more in depth in terms of installation). As far as I have read on the forum post about it, it appears there is a different CAN bus and potentially a missing wire harness lead for the panel in the door and the control module for the seat. IN THEORY, as long as the missing junction box in the CAN bus isn't a problem, then it could be added. But I am a software dev, not an automotive engineer sadly so I could not tell you with certainty.

If you have a car that works right now, in theory it doesn't hurt to wait if you aren't picking about colors for exterior and interior. Only time I miss having memory seats is when I bring my car to a shop. Besides that, its fantastic as is IMO.

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
You're not getting Homelink. Honda wants you to pay for a subscription. This has been discussed multiple times on the forum. You can buy an OEM mirror and retrofit.

Also you mention wanting memory seats but then say you don't need them? Sounds like trolling.

If you're concerned about decontenting then a Civic Type-R touring edition is not the car for you. Buy a luxury car.

Sponsored

KindaACarGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S (ABP/Black) ; Tacoma TRD

Thanks for the help!
My thoughts:
1) Your situation may change in some unexpectedly horrible way (think horror or drama movie, or TV news) before the 2025 model is released. So, you don't get to enjoy the car at all.
2) There may not be any changes at all, since it will only have been out for a single year. The only thing certain to change is the price will increase.

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
2) There may not be any changes at all, since it will only have been out for a single year. The only thing certain to change is the price will increase.
This. Honda rarely changes things mid-cycle. Acura, even less so. It was a fight to get Acura to approve this car (based on the interview in the SG video); I wouldn't expect any changes. Honestly, I'd expect them to drop production early over making enhancements. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Yeah, I just don't see many, if any changes coming for a new model year on a limited production model after its first year. Just look at the CTR for reference, the only thing that changed is the production date.

There may be a PMC edition but that would be even more limited production and still, no material difference from the car we're all driving now.

Sponsored

RMA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GRC
I did hear 2500 - 3k price increase on 25 models. If it were me I would jump in on a 24 model. Wish I could have found a red one locally in my state. That was my first pick.

Themousetrap

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic
I have been considering the same question because I am cheap and think there could be an opportunity to get a new or slightly used 2024 on the cheap, or that some of the little gripes about the 2024 are resolved in the 2025 production.
In my dreams they would add a dark green option, but I think we all know that’s not in the cards.

Themousetrap

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic
I did hear 2500 - 3k price increase on 25 models. If it were me I would jump in on a 24 model. Wish I could have found a red one locally in my state. That was my first pick.
That would be a brutal change. An increase like that would be enough to get me to pull the trigger now.

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
I think it's possible that some minor updates are made. The FL5 didn't have any but the FK8 often had random year over year updates with features. Like they added a volume knob, added Honda Sensing , added new colors, new brake disks, etc. A 3k price increase would be nuts honestly. I know it's not a direct comparison at all, but Tesla just released the Model 3 Performance at like 53K (like 46k after tax credits) and that thing has 510hp and AWD. 56K for the ITS is getting prohibitive.
Sponsored