Sponsored

Honda/Acura selling our info

LCM23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A Spec Tech 6MT
This youtube vid came up and was a shocker at what manufacturers were doing with the services people signed up for ie (onstar, driver feedback...). I personally never activated driver feedback in AcuraLink. But after watching this video I disabled data sharing. Just posting this because I forgot where I saw someone post using driver feedback. So a warning to those who do use it.

Sponsored

Imperial

First Name
Slava
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Acura RL Tech; 2024 Integra ASpec Tech
This youtube vid came up and was a shocker at what manufacturers were doing with the services people signed up for ie (onstar, driver feedback...). I personally never activated driver feedback in AcuraLink. But after watching this video I disabled data sharing. Just posting this because I forgot where I saw someone post using driver feedback. So a warning to those who do use it.

I disabled data sharing several months ago along with AcuraLink. The main reason was that when I had AcuraLink enabled and connected to my car, the steering wheel would occasionally feel disconnected/unusual feel of being too light at times(this is not jerky/sticky steering...). After disabling aforementioned services/apps, within a couple of days steering wheel would feel normal. Then couple of months later, I read about "data selling possibility" to insurance companies and it made me feel even better that I have disabled this! I hope for Honda/Acura "disabled" means really disabled.

Padre Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra A-Spec, Tech. MT
I’m confused because when I have turned off the “Data Sharing” I get this ominous message about not getting updates, etc. I think there has been 1 update since I bought the car….maybe this board will let us know when there are updates. I am against Honda selling this date to my insurance company, because I already declined the app they asked me to install for that. I am a civil libertarian, at heart.

Imperial

First Name
Slava
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Acura RL Tech; 2024 Integra ASpec Tech
I’m confused because when I have turned off the “Data Sharing” I get this ominous message about not getting updates, etc. I think there has been 1 update since I bought the car….maybe this board will let us know when there are updates. I am against Honda selling this date to my insurance company, because I already declined the app they asked me to install for that. I am a civil libertarian, at heart.
I think there was an update sometime in November or so. I check using USB stick. I go to my car, connect the USB stick, then on the screen, go to Software update and it copies some files. I then go online through my PC to check for update. Last time I checked was couple of weeks back, no update. I also think someone will post when new update comes.

Padre Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra A-Spec, Tech. MT
Thanks! I used the USB method to update my RDX back in those days.

Sponsored

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
What kind of updates anyway?

creaturemachine

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT

SocalDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 its
The vultures are circling. They won't ever say how much of that up-to-5k ends up in the lawyers pocket.

Probably just infotainment fixes, maybe some updated cryptographic certificates somewhere down the line. I highly doubt you'll ever see a new feature or big OS update pushed down this way.
Oh yeah. This firm prob gets 15k per plaintiff and sheds out 5k as awarded

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
The vultures are circling. They won't ever say how much of that up-to-5k ends up in the lawyers pocket.

Probably just infotainment fixes, maybe some updated cryptographic certificates somewhere down the line. I highly doubt you'll ever see a new feature or big OS update pushed down this way.
Ok, cool. I'd rather just not update anything anyway to be honest
Sponsored