Sponsored

The Seats

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Si sedan (now 2023 Ford Focus ST-Line X)
Not to diminish your feedback (maybe just a little- "but I said with all due respect"), but this is the first I've heard this complaint.

I understand seats are very subjective so I'll provide context. I'm 5'11" 180, fit but not necessarily thin (not fat either, ~11% body fat) with "broad shoulders" or whatever, and the seats are great for me for 99% of normal driving. Definite humblebrag but I work out all the time (literally 6-7 days a week) and frequently have a sore lower back, so generally after about an hour or so it starts to complain. But I've also mentioned on these boards before that I have the "top-tier" 18-way seats in my Macan with all the lumbar support you could ever ask for and it's about the same situation with that car too. Many on here have also called me out for humblebragging about the MULTIPLE Porsches I've had... same story. All of them were 18-ways with one exception, a 718 GTS with 2 way sport seats- which are just a manual version of the 18 ways so yes it's all the same. I say this for context (and to troll @VarmintCong and @grahm and a few other members of the fan club), but to hold that kind of company is pretty much more than you can ask for at this price point, right?

ALL that being said, I'm not a "heel-toe" guy. I suck at it, always have, therefore it is not enjoyable and I attribute it to my (also humblebrag) size 12s. The pedal box is a delight for me. This car is the easiest manual I've ever driven, and I have zero issues in start-stop traffic where in my 911 I literally wanted to pull my hair out multiple times through certain stretches of highway in Northern Virginia.

However. I will almost certainly be swapping out seats for Bride or Recaro units at some point. Because I do track the car on occasion, plus I think they're cool looking. But right now I can't even find wheels so I'm not in a rush to get there. Because the seats are fine.
I'm also size 12, the only car I could comfortably heel & toe (by rolling my foot to the right) was my E36 325i, because BMW uses a huge gas pedal that's very tall. Even the E46 330i was more difficult, because the brake travel was less, so I couldn't push the brake far enough in to roll my foot to the right.

I'm looking forward to a car with rev matching.
Sponsored

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I'm also size 12, the only car I could comfortably heel & toe (by rolling my foot to the right) was my E36 325i, because BMW uses a huge gas pedal that's very tall. Even the E46 330i was more difficult, because the brake travel was less, so I couldn't push the brake far enough in to roll my foot to the right.

I'm looking forward to a car with rev matching.
It takes a little getting used to but it's kind of a game changer.

Marshy

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
I don’t think the Canadian market has been blessed with a huge allocation. My PWP order is being built in June 🤞
Hey!

I’ve also ended up w/ an order for a PWP ITS in Southern Ontario slated for a similar date, how’s your dealer for sharing information?

I originally ordered a A-Spec tech wayyy back in August (which got delayed 3 times due to things like “Acura wouldn’t let us order” or “Acura changed colour availability for Canada”), but a month back someone backed away from an ITS allocation due to the colour the dealer got. Based on my communications with the dealer it almost seems like I know as much as they do and Acura doesn’t tell them anything.

Cheers,
W

OP
OP
Dubers

Dubers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic Si
Hey!

I’ve also ended up w/ an order for a PWP ITS in Southern Ontario slated for a similar date, how’s your dealer for sharing information?

I originally ordered a A-Spec tech wayyy back in August (which got delayed 3 times due to things like “Acura wouldn’t let us order” or “Acura changed colour availability for Canada”), but a month back someone backed away from an ITS allocation due to the colour the dealer got. Based on my communications with the dealer it almost seems like I know as much as they do and Acura doesn’t tell them anything.

Cheers,
W
hey sir! That’s an excellent colour choice. My PWP is due to arrive June 11th-15th as per correspondence from my dealer this past week. I believe it will still be a MY24.
Sponsored