Carbon peeling on spoiler question

Afgintegra23

First Name
Abel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
I'm having this issue. I recently bought a 2023 Aspec tech that happened to have the carbon fiber mirror caps and spoiler. I wasn't very fond of the pieces because you can see small peeling in the mirror caps, and a 2 inch area in the top border of the spoiler that is also peeling. What can I do? Is the ppf the only option?
Sponsored

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I'm having this issue. I recently bought a 2023 Aspec tech that happened to have the carbon fiber mirror caps and spoiler. I wasn't very fond of the pieces because you can see small peeling in the mirror caps, and a 2 inch area in the top border of the spoiler that is also peeling. What can I do? Is the ppf the only option?
If you purchase it with the car and dealer installed have them replace it.
AHC Garage had a video of them installing it and they sanded an brand-new one and shot it with clear coat. My guess it's a know issue at the dealership.

Afgintegra23

First Name
Abel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
If you purchase it with the car and dealer installed have them replace it.
AHC Garage had a video of them installing it and they sanded an brand-new one and shot it with clear coat. My guess it's a know issue at the dealership.
The dealer said that since I'm the second owner I can't prove and they can't guarantee that it was installed at the dealer. I'm sure it was though.

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
The dealer said that since I'm the second owner I can't prove and they can't guarantee that it was installed at the dealer. I'm sure it was though.
Ouch. All you could do is sand and clear coat.

Afgintegra23

First Name
Abel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Ouch. All you could do is sand and clear coat.
I saw the instalation of the rear spoiler is no piece of cake. In order to sand and all it needs to come off. Is there any other way around it? A wax maybe? Not looking forward to take all that out rn.

Sponsored

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I saw the instalation of the rear spoiler is no piece of cake. In order to sand and all it needs to come off. Is there any other way around it? A wax maybe? Not looking forward to take all that out rn.
Yeah disassembly would be necessary. I'm not sure how wax will look on bare carbon fiber.

Afgintegra23

First Name
Abel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Yeah disassembly would be necessary. I'm not sure how wax will look on bare carbon fiber.
Thank you for the input. Let's see what I can do. Taking the car for a detail at the dealer, will ask about if they have any product that I can apply to it.
Sponsored