justa335i

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2025 Acura Integra Type S
Hello Everyone!

I'm new here & new to Hondas and Acura's. On Tuesday (9/10/24), I picked up a 2025 Acura Integra Type-S after doing a lot of shopping for my next car. I was originally considering a green 2024 RS3, but couldn't get over the fact it wasn't manual. One of my friends was always into Hondas and has a Turbo8th Gen SI. He convinced me to test drive a Type S, and i instantly knew it was the right choice.

I have had many cars from euros, to imports, to domestics. For reference, I have had a 2004 WRX, 2005 STI, two E92 335i's, a 2021 SS 1LE, 2022 ZL1, 2022 Mustang GT/CS, an Eclipse, 300zx, etc.

Today I put an intake on my car and love the additional sounds from the Turbo / Diverter Valve. Reminds me a bit of my E92's. I look forward to seeing everyone's builds, ideas, and development to the platform! I plan on doing an intercooler and full intercooler piping (hot side and cold side) next.
24-09-10 - Dealership Photos Taken By Me In Showroom (1).jpeg
24-09-10 - Dealership Photos Taken By Me In Showroom (2).jpeg
24-09-12 - K&N Intake Install (2).jpeg

See you all around!
-Alex
Sponsored

Compromise

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
Welcome! And enjoy.

Install the FMIC and piping upgrades together, not separately like me! Also, don't be like me and drop the front bumper! I broke my passenger front parking sensor cable and had a very fun time fixing that..lol. Make sure you unplug all 3 (4 if you have illuminated front emblem) sensors before fully taking the bumper off.

OP
OP
justa335i

justa335i

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Welcome! And enjoy.

Install the FMIC and piping upgrades together, not separately like me! Also, don't be like me and drop the front bumper! I broke my passenger front parking sensor cable and had a very fun time fixing that..lol. Make sure you unplug all 3 (4 if you have illuminated front emblem) sensors before fully taking the bumper off.
Thanks for the advice!! I will definitely keep this in mind. What kit did you go with?

Sponsored

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
Welcome to the club!

A question for you as a '25 owner, do you have passenger's side reverse mirror tilt?

dockleryxk

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
So it begins!!

Intercooler and piping is a good next upgrade. You could upgrade shifter cable bushings while you’re in there. It’s cheap and makes it a wee bit nicer. Also you’ll be there right doing the charge pipes.

HKS is about to release their kit. I have PRL and it’s great too.

Definitely consider a rear motor mount upgrade

OP
OP
justa335i

justa335i

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
PRL full kit, intake and RMM as well!
Added the PRL Full Kit and Intercooler to my giftful :)
Ill order them once the FMIC is back in stock, as i want to do it all at the same time!

Welcome to the club!

A question for you as a '25 owner, do you have passenger's side reverse mirror tilt?
Not that I've noticed, but i only have ~100 miles on my car and that was mainly the drive from the dealership home. I'll check when i take it out later today and let you know!

Welcome! Silver looks great on the ITS :)
Thanks!
I loved the Blue, but my Girlfriend picked up a Blue 2024 A-Spec the day before and didnt want matching colors. A local dealership also has a black Type-S, but i love how the silver shows all the intricate details!

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
So it begins!!

Intercooler and piping is a good next upgrade. You could upgrade shifter cable bushings while you’re in there. It’s cheap and makes it a wee bit nicer. Also you’ll be there right doing the charge pipes.

HKS is about to release their kit. I have PRL and it’s great too.

Definitely consider a rear motor mount upgrade
Are they making a type-s specific intercioler kit or did you hear of comparability with the ASpec? Love me some hks

Sponsored

dockleryxk

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5

TXWayne

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 MDX A-Spec
Hello Everyone!

I'm new here & new to Hondas and Acura's. On Tuesday (9/10/24), I picked up a 2025 Acura Integra Type-S after doing a lot of shopping for my next car. I was originally considering a green 2024 RS3, but couldn't get over the fact it wasn't manual. One of my friends was always into Hondas and has a Turbo8th Gen SI. He convinced me to test drive a Type S, and i instantly knew it was the right choice.

I have had many cars from euros, to imports, to domestics. For reference, I have had a 2004 WRX, 2005 STI, two E92 335i's, a 2021 SS 1LE, 2022 ZL1, 2022 Mustang GT/CS, an Eclipse, 300zx, etc.

Today I put an intake on my car and love the additional sounds from the Turbo / Diverter Valve. Reminds me a bit of my E92's. I look forward to seeing everyone's builds, ideas, and development to the platform! I plan on doing an intercooler and full intercooler piping (hot side and cold side) next.

See you all around!
-Alex
Which intake did you put on it?

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Quick question- can anyone point me towards conclusive evidence that an intercooler is actually warranted for this platform?

I understand what an intercooler does. But there's already a front-mount intercooler from the factory. Also, I've seen many, MANY examples of aftermarket intercoolers leading to overheating issues on track because of restricting airflow to the radiator.

Unless you're going for big power by running a high volume of boost, probably from an upgraded turbo, why are so many people so quick to install these aftermarket intercoolers? What am I missing?

OP
OP
justa335i

justa335i

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Quick question- can anyone point me towards conclusive evidence that an intercooler is actually warranted for this platform?

I understand what an intercooler does. But there's already a front-mount intercooler from the factory. Also, I've seen many, MANY examples of aftermarket intercoolers leading to overheating issues on track because of restricting airflow to the radiator.

Unless you're going for big power by running a high volume of boost, probably from an upgraded turbo, why are so many people so quick to install these aftermarket intercoolers? What am I missing?
I can't speak for everyone, but I can speak for myself.
Evidence aside, people that now own Type-S's likely come from other platforms; as I doubt a 50K car was where they started their passion for cars.

With other platforms that are factory turbo, the first mods are typically:
- Intake
- FMIC
- Downpipe
- Tune
- Intercooler Piping / Charge Pipe

For me, i am doing the upgraded intercooler because i don't like the stock one. The sides of the core where the hot side / cold side attach are plastic. In the past, i have had issues with the plastic cracking and causing a small boost leak (until a chunk is blown out). I prefer to avoid that entirely.
Sponsored