2 Years Free Maintenance

Brian G

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura RLX
I picked up my ITS last weekend, and was told by the finance office it comes with 2 years free maintenance. It will probably only need a couple oil changes. When I visited the service department, the service writer said I could bring it to any Acura dealership for the free service since Acura is picking up the cost and they have the info of the car in the computer. This is helpful if you are buying out of state or have a relationship with another dealership.
Sponsored

2024ITS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
I have never brought any of my new cars back to a dealership for “free” anything. Why take the chance they’ll screw something up for the price of an oil change?

OP
OP

Brian G

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura RLX
I have never brought any of my new cars back to a dealership for “free” anything. Why take the chance they’ll screw something up for the price of an oil change?
Why wouldnt you get your oil changed at a dealership? You think Jiffy Lube has more skilled technicians?

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
This service is provided by the manufacturer, not the dealer.

Sponsored

chenc544

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 17 Q60 RS, 07 997TT, 94 300ZX TT
Usually I prefer to do the oil change myself but one advantage I can think of is getting the record of the oil change in service like CarFax. It's a good way to demonstrate regular maintenance come resale time to potential buyers. The other advantage is similar but for warranty purpose in case you need it. I think I will utilize the free service while it's available but going DIY afterwards and just maintain a record like my other cars. With that said, I'm at ~1k miles and the oil life monitor still says 100%... Not sure I want to wait until 10k miles for the 1st oil change.

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
Usually I prefer to do the oil change myself but one advantage I can think of is getting the record of the oil change in service like CarFax. It's a good way to demonstrate regular maintenance come resale time to potential buyers. The other advantage is similar but for warranty purpose in case you need it. I think I will utilize the free service while it's available but going DIY afterwards and just maintain a record like my other cars. With that said, I'm at ~1k miles and the oil life monitor still says 100%... Not sure I want to wait until 10k miles for the 1st oil change.
You can actually add to the Carfax on your own!

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
So what kind of oil would Acura put in our car with the free maintenance? I know people tell horror stories of the "barrel oil" and it looks like per manual it's just conventional 0w20 right? Assuming if I brought in my own oil they wouldn't complain too much, but that kind of takes the cost savings out of it...

Not sure if stopping by dealer or dealing with the splash guard and oil recycling is easier... Any problem using an oil extractor on this engine?

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Had my oil change by the dealer on my Aspec. Went under it to remove the RMM spacer and return to stock and saw I was missing one of the bolts that holds the aluminum under cover on..

NecroFIesh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra & '07 S2000
So what kind of oil would Acura put in our car with the free maintenance? I know people tell horror stories of the "barrel oil" and it looks like per manual it's just conventional 0w20 right? Assuming if I brought in my own oil they wouldn't complain too much, but that kind of takes the cost savings out of it...

Not sure if stopping by dealer or dealing with the splash guard and oil recycling is easier... Any problem using an oil extractor on this engine?
Your dealer will be putting the "barrel oil" in your vehicle for the maintenance service. All dealers have contracts with their local fluid suppliers and only use bottled fluids when asked by the client. This applies to the oil only, if you need something like brake or power steering fluid, transmission/differential fluid, coolant, etc and is part of whatever service that applies to (A or B 3/6/7) - that is obviously going to be genuine Honda/Acura stuff covered under your contract...

For maintenance contract services, the dealer incurs the cost then submits that to American Honda for reimbursement. As such, they want to keep those costs as low as possible and therefore will use the bulk or "barrel oil" they have on hand to complete the job....

If you prefer to have the Honda/Acura bottled oil for your maintenance contract service, you are more than welcome to do so and can opt for that when arriving for your appointment - just mention it to your service advisor. You, of course will pay for the oil out of your own pocket. It will be itemized on your copy of the repair order what parts/fluids were used for the service. Make sure to keep each of those repair orders with your vehicle service history paperwork...

It should be noted that if you opt for anything other than genuine Honda/Acura fluids to be used on any of your maintenance contract services(Mobil 1, Amsoil, etc.) and you suddenly have an issue, (edited) your warranty has the possibility of being void. It's either use the locally contracted bulk oil they provide (which the manufacturer approves of and deems legit for warranty) or use the genuine fluids that come bottled.

Hope this helps,

-G

Last edited:

Sponsored

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It should be noted that if you opt for anything other than genuine Honda/Acura fluids to be used on any of your maintenance contract services(Mobil 1, Amsoil, etc.) and you suddenly have an issue, your warranty most likely will be void. It's either use the bulk oil they provide (which the manufacturer deems legit for warranty) or use the genuine fluids that come bottled.

Hope this helps,

-G
Thanks for the info, while I could see them trying to deny warranty service per above, that does NOT align with the owner's manual which I believe states any SAE certified 0W20 is sufficient. I know some high end oils aren't SAE, but most are and should not be grounds for warranty termination.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Thanks for the info, while I could see them trying to deny warranty service per above, that does NOT align with the owner's manual which I believe states any SAE certified 0W20 is sufficient. I know some high end oils aren't SAE, but most are and should not be grounds for warranty termination.
Yeah I think there's some pretty consumer-friendly laws that would at least cover the oil part of it.

I don't like the idea of changing my own oil; I swore I'd never lift a finger on this shit ever again. But... that was when I had Porsches. I don't think I trust Acura service as much as Porsche service...

I'm gonna have to figure out where I stand on this philosophical debate. Dammit.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Question for those that have changed their oil, can you get away with a single 5L bottle or do you need to provide an additional liter each time? In my past experience on other engines, you usually don't need the extra liter due to residual oil.

NecroFIesh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra & '07 S2000
Yeah I think there's some pretty consumer-friendly laws that would at least cover the oil part of it.

I don't like the idea of changing my own oil; I swore I'd never lift a finger on this shit ever again. But... that was when I had Porsches. I don't think I trust Acura service as much as Porsche service...

I'm gonna have to figure out where I stand on this philosophical debate. Dammit.

Thanks for the feedback. I've edited my original post to be more clear about the warranty risks. I'm not saying Acura will outright deny your warranty, just saying that the possibility exists due to using oils not specified under the maintenance contract on those services. Sorry for any confusion,

-G

sayonara

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C LE
My dealer offers free oil changes, tire rotations and washes for as long as you own the car. Not too shabby.
Sponsored