About to order a 24, few questions

StayinStock

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
currently a Corvette, about to buy an Integra
Hey guys, so I drove a 23 about a week ago and decided it was time to trade daily's. Currently have an Explorer ST that has been nothing but trouble for the last 10k miles and warranty is almost up so its time. I was pretty impressed with the one I drove, but it was a CVT, much rather have a manual so I think ordering is the right route. Looking at a spec manual with tech

Couple of questions:
- How long are they typically taking from order to dealer?
- I see an option for an Alcantara steering wheel but can't find any actual pics of it, anyone have any?
- Any other must have options I should look at?
- What kind of highway MPG are you guys getting with your Manuals?
- I don't plan to get too mod happy since its my daily but what are some must do mods? (Preferably warranty friendly). I'm sure I'll lower and do wheels/exhaust but anything else?
- How good is the Rev match? My only experience with rev match is on a PP2 GT Mustang, it was pretty impressive.
- Do they have hill assist? The ole lady would like to learn to drive stick so if its easier for her that's a bonus.
- Anyone done any light HPDE's or Track days? how did it do? I doubt its something I'd do frequently since I have a track focused car to do that with but could be fun to mix it up a bit.
- Any other tips?

Thanks in advance, look forward to being a part of the community. I haven't owned a Honda product in years but I think Acura nailed it with these things. I can't bring myself to have a non-enthusiast oriented daily so I think ittl be a good fit!
Sponsored

Lekna

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra A-Spec 6M
I'll be ordering one soon so am not yet a great source for answers. I test drove the manual and it was my first rev match experience. I didn't like it. It's sort of like getting an iPhone verses an Android. iPhones make things very easy. Your other half should pick up driving a manual in no time with that rev match feature. I'll be turning mine off - it just doesn't seem to be my thing, but that's just my personal preference.

I don't know that ordering a car speeds anything up. Maybe your dealer can then go swap with another dealer for one. I don't think there is such a thing as factory ordering with Acura. I've been waiting a year for a manual silver. They just haven't shipped many into my region yet. My understanding is there's no ability for a dealer to say "Hey, Acura, there's a guy here who wants xxx, can you send one our way?" If anyone believes this to be incorrect, please share. Thanks!

Regarding the Alcantara wheel, there's a pic on Acura's site under the Integra's accessories. It looks nice. As I recall seeing someplace, it required little time to install compared with the install time of the heated steering wheel. Not sure why - or if it was correct - but I share that from a cost perspective if you aren't going to do it yourself.

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S and 2 '23 Integras, 1 6MT, 1 CVT
We have 2 A Spec Techs in the family, a CVT and 6MT. If you are even thinking about it, make sure you go for the stick. It is that much more fun. Additionally, it is a very easy manual on which to learn, and does include hill start assist. I like the rev matching, but maybe that's because I was never great at it myself!

As mentioned, Acura doesn't seem to do orders. However, the 6MTs are not super rare so hopefully you can find one coming in locally.

These cars get amazing gas mileage, about 30 in the city and close to 40 on the highway. There are no real options, and I wasn't very impressed with the accessories. The all weather mats are not nearly as nice as those in our Lexus or Porsche. Weathertech might be the play here. I wanted the heated steering wheel, but didn't see the value or losing the color matched stitching on the wheel.

Good luck with your search! These are amazing cars.

Leehro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
I have a 6MT with about 9000 miles. The MPG got better after the first 1000 miles or so. It’s not hard to hit 40mpg on a long highway drive.

the rev match is very good. You can also turn it off when you don’t want it, so it’s a great feature.

the car has both hill start assist and brake hold. They are separate features. The hill assist can’t be turned off - it’s always there.

It’s a very easy manual to drive. Hard to stall. And if you manage to, just put your foot on the clutch and it starts back up.

OP
OP
StayinStock

StayinStock

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
currently a Corvette, about to buy an Integra
Awesome! I think you guys answered most of my questions. Kinda sucks you can't order one to spec but I guess with something this mass produced it makes sense. I'll start hunting down the spec I'm after. I can live without the steering wheel but its def an option I'd like to have. Probably going to look for either White or Apex Blue. Torn on rather I want black or red interior. I like the red just afraid I'd get tired of it after a while. I read something about doing shifter linkage bushings makes a big difference and they look cheap enough. Worth it?

Also out of curiosity, with the active dampers, is it still able to be lowered or can that cause issues?

NecroFIesh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra & '07 S2000
The shifter linkage bushings are totally worth the price. They improve the feel tremendously. Go with Acuity for these...

You can lower the car with springs without affecting the active dampers but that's it. Anything like a full coilover will cause the system to not function properly. You can get a bypass unit however, if you want to dive that deep. For springs I'd recommend the Eibach ProKit for a mild drop or the Sportlines for a more aggressive one. The ProKit has it's own designation on the website. For the Sportlines, search up the 11th gen Civic Si.

-G
Sponsored