Fox13007

Fox13007

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura integra
So here’s an update, I took it to a separate dealership today and I explained the whole situation. They called me about 30 min ago and told me I have a stuck wastegate actuator. I clarified that I had just replaced the part about a month ago and they said I still had to replace it. At this point I’m just really confused and I think I’m gonna take it to a separate shop I found online

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Even if it was the actuator again..some how.. the part should be covered under a parts warranty (1 year) even if the vehicle itself is not covered under warranty.

OP
OP
Fox13007

Fox13007

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura integra
Okay update pt2. I went back to the dealership to pick up my car because they said it would take 5+ hours to diagnose it and when I get there my Advisor is just genuinely rude and asking why I’m jumping to different dealerships and how I need a new turbo and he won’t allow it to be covered. Anyways he was just a total ass so I went around him and asked to talk to the parts guys who were super nice. They went to talk to the tech who diagnosed my car and he said the advisor never told him the turbo was already replaced so if it does need it, Acura will cover the part and labor. He said he probably needs another hour to properly diagnose it now knowing the turbo has been replaced and to just drive my car back in the service bay. So the parts guy walked out of the parts dept. with me and explains to the advisor that he’s wrong and just called Acura support to confirm it. He rolled his eyes and said they were too busy today to check it out again (despite the tech just saying to bring it back inside) and I need to schedule it out to November. I tried to be nice but he was very short with me and just seemed overall annoyed that he even had to talk with me. Anyways my point being, I paid 210 dollars for a wrong diagnosis today, and my Advisor was an asshole. I’ll give another update in November when I get it checked out again but if anyone is in Utah, avoid Sean that works at Mike Hale Acura.
however I would highly recommend the parts dept.
Sponsored