Anyone else went to 17 inch wheels?

cshusky

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra ASpec Tech 6MT
I have a extra set of wheel of 17x8 wheels from my previously car (2012 TSX) and looking to throw them onto my new Integra ASpec along with a new set of tires.

I read somewhere that the stock wheels are ~28lbs per corner. My wheels are around 20lb each so that should be a good 8 lbs off each corner. Also, these ContiProContacts from factory are just god awful tires. I am looking to put a set of Michelin PS4 AS or DWS06.

Has anyone downsized and upgrade tires as well? Would love to know how the car feels after. My main gripe currently is the road noise from the stock tires and the amount of road feedback I get from these.
Sponsored

sirJames91

Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura RSX
Hallo,

Michelin PS4 AS or DWS06 are excellent choices compared to the ContiProContact. The Michelin PS4 AS is a high-performance tire that offers excellent grip and a low noise level, while the DWS06 is an all-season tire that provides good traction and durability. You’ll likely notice improvements in ride comfort and a reduction in road noise and vibrations. The lighter wheels can enhance the car’s response to steering inputs, and the new generation of tires will probably decrease noise and improve traction.

James ;)

dlaw

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'25 6MT
Just finished installing 17" wheels on my A-spec 6MT.
Sparco Assetto Gara rims (7" width, 45mm offset)
Michelin CrossClimate 2 tires (215/50)

There's about 3/8" clearance between the front brake calipers and the balancing weights on the front rims.

So far I am very happy with the ride and performance.

PXL_20240906_144738690.jpg
PXL_20240906_144808142.jpg

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
I have a extra set of wheel of 17x8 wheels from my previously car (2012 TSX) and looking to throw them onto my new Integra ASpec along with a new set of tires.

I read somewhere that the stock wheels are ~28lbs per corner. My wheels are around 20lb each so that should be a good 8 lbs off each corner. Also, these ContiProContacts from factory are just god awful tires. I am looking to put a set of Michelin PS4 AS or DWS06.

Has anyone downsized and upgrade tires as well? Would love to know how the car feels after. My main gripe currently is the road noise from the stock tires and the amount of road feedback I get from these.
Jacob,

I just picked up an Integra A-Spec for a family member. Quick question did you use the TSX wheels and if so do you happen to have a picture. I have a set of TSX wheels I am hoping to use for a winter tire set..
Sponsored