Sponsored

FloArm

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
PRP ITS
Use a spark plug fouler, or 2, to space your sensor. I don’t think that’ll void any warranty

OP
OP
JCJai

JCJai

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Abarth 500, 2024 Integra Type S
Use a spark plug fouler, or 2, to space your sensor. I don’t think that’ll void any warranty
Does it work? I've heard from others it doesn't work.

Which particular DP are you referring to?
I got the RV6, almost certain CEL will come on.

ITSDAD

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
Does it work? I've heard from others it doesn't work.

I got the RV6, almost certain CEL will come on.
I would say unless you're getting ecu unlocked and tuned asap, from my experience with the RV6 'catted' dp so far, I would return it/sell it and get the Two Step catted DP. Unless you're dead set on catless, then a tune is 100% necessary.

With my catted dp, with a defouler installed, I was getting a CEL and resetting it with my scan tool daily.
Keep in kind it also depends on which CEL you get, your O2 sensor reading too rich vs too lean could cause a bigger issue, I kept getting a 'no reading' CEL P0139 which just meant the secondary O2 wasnt detecting exhaust, meaning the defouler was too far out.

I did end up making some mods to my defouler which worked a little, but i still get the odd CEL here and there.

Sponsored

FloArm

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
PRP ITS
I did this when i had my 2016 v60 polestar. I did downpipe and fouler, and it passed emissions. Every other month though the CEL would come on and I would just have to clean off the sensor

OP
OP
JCJai

JCJai

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Abarth 500, 2024 Integra Type S
All sound so complicated, I'd get a tune if the tour comes remotely close to the Alberta / US border.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
I know in ktuner and hondata (not sure about JB4) but it gives you an option to turn off O2 codes from popping up. Not sure if its any different for the ITS

Screenshot 2024-06-07 121924.png

LunaticSM

First Name
Dstyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LSM Integra Type S
I would say unless you're getting ecu unlocked and tuned asap, from my experience with the RV6 'catted' dp so far, I would return it/sell it and get the Two Step catted DP. Unless you're dead set on catless, then a tune is 100% necessary.

With my catted dp, with a defouler installed, I was getting a CEL and resetting it with my scan tool daily.
Keep in kind it also depends on which CEL you get, your O2 sensor reading too rich vs too lean could cause a bigger issue, I kept getting a 'no reading' CEL P0139 which just meant the secondary O2 wasnt detecting exhaust, meaning the defouler was too far out.

I did end up making some mods to my defouler which worked a little, but i still get the odd CEL here and there.
Which DP were you using that was giving you codes? I thought that the TSP DP doesn't throw codes even without a tune?

I'm thinking of getting a TSP DP and not getting a tune at least until I'm out of warranty in a few years and I definitely don't want to be getting CELs. I had an RV6 catted DP on my 9th Gen Civic SI a few years ago and it would periodically give me a CEL and it drove me nuts.

ITSDAD

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
Which DP were you using that was giving you codes? I thought that the TSP DP doesn't throw codes even without a tune?

I'm thinking of getting a TSP DP and not getting a tune at least until I'm out of warranty in a few years and I definitely don't want to be getting CELs. I had an RV6 catted DP on my 9th Gen Civic SI a few years ago and it would periodically give me a CEL and it drove me nuts.
Yeah in my case its the RV6, there are plenty of owners on the forum that run the TSP catted without any issues.
I jumped the gun on the RV6 as it was readily available on hand vs 3ish month wait on the TSP. Im getting tuned so its a non issue in the long run, but even with my defouler adjustments im still getting a CEL almost every other day depending on the weather, humidity etc, the RV6 is def not worth the trouble.
I would not recommend it unless getting tuned.

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
you dont need a "tune" but you do need your ECU unlocked and hondata management to be able to disable the 2nd o2 in your ECU..
disable this checkbox for catless DP's or for the catted RV6 throwing CEL.
1721933183162-ry.jpg
Sponsored