Sponsored

CEL under @ 900 Miles

Rikdrt1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Tacoma, Honda Civic
@AsianEd Hey did your tech perform this TSB?

http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SB/B24-026.PDF

@Rikdrt1 any update on your ITS?
Hey Guys - sorry but i do have some updates.
on the 3rd dealer visit -- they kept the car for a total of 3full days
picked it up on Fri , and by Sun it had done it again.

i came back and of course they had already emailed me the link to give them a review and i asked to see the manager this time.
explained they have now kept my car a total of about 15 days since new and they still cant fix the thing. i got the manager to tell me that they are going to call for some 'special' Acura tech that apparently is like a higher level mechanic -- he explained that they can do more forensics on the car than any of their techs can. i told him set it up and call me back asap.

soon after he setup an appt , i got a loaner and again they kept the car for another 3 days. i noticed on the final receipt - this is what they put on the notes :

so far, its been flawless.. just filled up my 3rd full tank and no errors yet. fingers crossed.

SEPT-VISIT4-DIAGS.jpg
Sponsored

Rikdrt1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Tacoma, Honda Civic
so just to clarify : this is basically what Acura did for the last times i took this thing to the dealer.

1) ran tests , cant duplicate no error found... didnt do anything
2) found TDC sensor A bad - replaced
--- purchased a blueDriver ODB reader to save all error codes.

3) found TDC sensor B bad - replaced. PGM-FI code error & software update
FIRST-VISIT-1.jpg

THEN -- I TOLD them this is unacceptable, and they told me they will setup another time with some senior Acura tech that will come to their dealer to assist based on the case # == the final solution was as follows ---

you really need to get in their face and be a bit pushy... i am praying this will finally fix it. but the odd thing is that if i follow the notes they filled out it seems like everytime i took it back they found some new adjustment that had to be made. i dont have much hope in most of the techs' out there and i even told the manager that there is info online about this problem and we are all talking to each other but he blew it off basically as fake news. i hope i dont have to go back again now but i have been enjoying the last 500miles at least .

hope that helps. thx !
FIRST-VISIT-1.jpg
SEPT-VISIT4-DIAGS.jpg
SEPT-VISIT4-DIAGS.jpg