Sponsored

Engine bay side panel covers

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
The Civic & FL5 side & front engine covers aren't compatible as the fasteners are in different areas. I had to return the FL5 center piece that APR makes. The website said it would fit, but with drilling & cutting - and that was after I already lined it up & figured out it wasn't going to work without modification. APR has a specific DE5 set in the works right now and there's another company on IG that's I've seen but can't remember if it's Aero carbon or a different company.

OP
OP

Jayman84

First Name
Jamey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra A-Spec w/ Tech
The Civic & FL5 side & front engine covers aren't compatible as the fasteners are in different areas. I had to return the FL5 center piece that APR makes. The website said it would fit, but with drilling & cutting - and that was after I already lined it up & figured out it wasn't going to work without modification. APR has a specific DE5 set in the works right now and there's another company on IG that's I've seen but can't remember if it's Aero carbon or a different company.
Thanks for the info. I just have the Aspec not the Type S so I saw that they looked like they lined up somewhat in the pictures of the Civic engine bays I could find but figured there was probably differences between the hood and bumpers.

vovakovtun

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
I'm curious about the purpose of these covers. Are they just for looks, or do they actually improve performance in some way?

OP
OP

Jayman84

First Name
Jamey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra A-Spec w/ Tech
I'm curious about the purpose of these covers. Are they just for looks, or do they actually improve performance in some way?
Just for looks and clean up the engine bay I think. No performance improvements. Probably trap heat slightly more actually.
Sponsored