Sponsored

How are you doing TPMS sensors with aftermarket wheels?

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra ASpec w/Tech, 10 Mazda Miata MX5
Yes, no adhesives involved. There should be a gasket, I think I see one when I blow up the picture, but not sure. Tire shop will have gaskets, but they should come with the sensors.
Sponsored

OP
OP

TopazM3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 LCM Integra Type S
Yes, no adhesives involved. There should be a gasket, I think I see one when I blow up the picture, but not sure. Tire shop will have gaskets, but they should come with the sensors.
there is an aluminum washer, no gasket. I’m guessing that’s what you’re referring to. Does the washer go inside the wheel, or outside?

1720384609358-8y.jpg

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Actually I’m surprised that it’s a washer and not a rubber o-ring. Here’s a picture of my Miata sensor which is the same type that you have. So it does appear that the washer will go on the inside. With that said if you’re bringing in the rims to have the tires put on why not let the tire place put the sensors in also? If that washer is the seal then the torque on the nut is important. When I had my Miata tires replace I just bought the rims and sensors to the garage and had tirerack deliver the tires directly (hard to fit 4 tires in a Miata). Each sensor was bagged with a few parts but I really didn’t pay much attention as to what was in the bag.
IMG_2399.jpeg

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Interesting, just checked my A-Spec/Tech and the sensor type is different than the ITS. It’s a standard rubber schrader valve, same type of sensor I had on my Subaru (not sure why I still have a picture of this, it’s from 8 years ago, need to clean out photo library). I guess the rims selected by Acura required the different sensors.
IMG_0012.jpeg

OP
OP

TopazM3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 LCM Integra Type S
These are made by Continental, so I suspect they’re well engineered

OP
OP

TopazM3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 LCM Integra Type S
Tires mounted on wheels, wheels on the car. TPMS synced within about two minutes.

IMG_1342.jpeg

IMG_1348.jpeg
Sponsored