Sponsored

How do I Turn down the volume for alerts?

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
When driving my 24" Type S, with Android auto on using google maps, listening to Sirius/XM radio, when I get an alert that my wife has texted, it is very loud, it wasn't always.
I feel like an alert came in one day while I was adjusting the volume maybe and now, they are obnoxiously louder than everything else.
I want to turn them down, but for the life of me, I can't find the setting.
I've turned my phone down, tried all the settings I can find in the various menus, but so far, nothing has worked.
Thanks for any information.
Sponsored

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
either have someone call you, and adjust the volume on the head unit during the call, or use your gps and while it's reading a direction, adjust the volume. You have to do it as the phone is in use.

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
either have someone call you, and adjust the volume on the head unit during the call, or use your gps and while it's reading a direction, adjust the volume. You have to do it as the phone is in use.
I second this, at least for Android Auto. Waze used to SCREAM at me but I used the volume knob after plugging in directions just for that purpose, and problem was solved just like that.

Now the only issue is my music kicks in on the call speaker (behind the center screen) after/during a call but I chalk that up to perhaps the VLC app I use for my music.

Fred 930

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW GTI ; Acura Integra Type S
Yep - as others have suggested, you can adjust the volume of the particular service presently being activated by using the radio volume knob. I seem to recall there is also a way to get to the various volume functions via the touchscreen, but would have to sit and play with the system to find it.
Sponsored