I installed the Carbon Fiber spoiler today

gregbutler_20

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Acura Integra, 22 ILX (sold).
I purchased my accessories from AllDiscountParts.com and installed them myself today.
Black Type-S emblems
Front and Rear Black A emblems
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Type-s All season mats
Seat back protectors
Type-s trunk Tray.
Took about 4 hours for everything Except the front A. (waiting to do that when I install PRL intercooler so I only have to remove bumper once..)
I was a little apprehensive about drilling the holes in the trunk, but it was not bad at all, and I am glad I didn't pay the ridiculous amount the dealership quoted.

notes to anyone doing this themselves..
Dropped the clips twice into the hatch frame. grommets near the hinges can be removed to fish them out since you can't turn the car upside down. 😏
Front Type-s emblem on the grill has POSTs in it so had to heat it carefully as to not melt grill and the gently pried it off.
front emblem posts.png

seatback.png
trunktray.png
zip tie.png
rear A 1.png
rear A 2.png
rear A.png

spoiler holes.png

done.png
How did you drill the holes for the spoiler? Did you step up from one metric bit to the next size (3,6,8,12) or did you just drill a pilot hole and then just use the step drill bit to widen all the way through. It looked like the guys at ach garage used the latter.
Sponsored

OP
OP
koatic

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
How did you drill the holes for the spoiler? Did you step up from one metric bit to the next size (3,6,8,12) or did you just drill a pilot hole and then just use the step drill bit to widen all the way through. It looked like the guys at ach garage used the latter.
I bought this step drill set from amazon and used the 4,6,8,10,12 bit.. took about 10 seconds to drill to 12 for each hole.. no pilot hole needed.
Amazon.com: Step Drill Bit Set HSS 3PCS with Titanium Coated Double Cutting Blades Spiral Quick Change for Multiple Hole Sheet Metal,Plastic,Aluminum,DIY Woodworking(Metric 4-12mm/4-20mm/4-32mm) : Industrial & Scientific