Sponsored

Is this a bad idea or a good one?

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Personally, I'm not a fan of all the A-Spec badging. They look out of place in the Integra body lines. I much more like how Infiniti does theirs. on the Q50 you have Blue Sport(killed off after a year or so), Silver Sport or Red Sport. The difference? The Color of the S on the badge Q50S, Q50S, Q50S.

I feel like Acura could do something similar and for the A-Spec their logo is an A, just make the A in their emblem itself Red. Of course, this doesn't necessarily translate to the Type-S as well, but some companies already let you order their emblems in Chrome, black, gunmetal, ect Type-R has a red Honda logo, in some brands. Why not use it to signify what level your car is? Chrome = base, Red A is A-spec and perhaps Black chrome is Type-S, or a fully red A with a red surround. It would eliminate the need for side emblems, and people can see in their rear view what spec you have.

Just ideas. I feel like extra badging is over used on cars anymore. I prefer cleaner looks.
Sponsored

CarGuyUsername

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'07 CR-V LX
I think the badge just needs to be pulled from the sides. Outside of front grille/rear bumper we don't need the badges anywhere else.

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Civic EX, 2016 Civic EX
I like the idea of the cleaner look. I like your color coded idea to differentiate trims. I would like to see this on the grille and rear. I don't really like the fender badging. However, I am glad Acura doesn't do something as obnoxious as the C pillar on the BMW X2's

OP
OP
bullitt

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I like the idea of the cleaner look. I like your color coded idea to differentiate trims. I would like to see this on the grille and rear. I don't really like the fender badging. However, I am glad Acura doesn't do something as obnoxious as the C pillar on the BMW X2's
I get people that like to show off what their trim level is, I mean, they paid for it, why not brag some. I just prefer it to be a bit more subtle. People that don't know anything about Acura would know what Aspec or Type-S mean anyway, no matter how large the badge is.

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
I get people that like to show off what their trim level is, I mean, they paid for it, why not brag some. I just prefer it to be a bit more subtle. People that don't know anything about Acura would know what Aspec or Type-S mean anyway, no matter how large the badge is.
Yeah I like the Porsche mantra of debadging or rebadging however you want right from the factory

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I agree they don’t look amazing on the fenders. But there are only 3 badges total. The car doesn’t have a lot since Integra is in the bumper. At least it’s not covered in mismatching font and 87 badges like Mazda’s.
Sponsored

Reactions: HKF