Bad Driver, am I right?

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Yeah, same I didnt even know that the Altima thing was a 'thing' until I saw some YT shenanigans from the US.
I have run into a ton of agressive Merc and BMW drivers, I guess "luxury bad drivers" fall into their own category. Definitely an uptick in shitty Tesla drivers, however since EVERYONE drives one, or autopilots?, that was bound to happen lol.
Lots of Altimas driving around with bumpers hanging off and all torn up. I guess it depends where your at.
Sponsored

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
Lots of Altimas driving around with bumpers hanging off and all torn up. I guess it depends where your at.
Altimas are 100% a US thing and it has more to do with a certain demographic, I'll leave it at that.

We also forgot Teslas. Teslas are basically for people who don't really like cars or want to drive but are too bougie for public transit.

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Altimas are 100% a US thing and it has more to do with a certain demographic, I'll leave it at that.

We also forgot Teslas. Teslas are basically for people who don't really like cars or want to drive but are too bougie for public transit.
No complaints about Tesla drivers on my end. I never see them loitering in the left lane or weaving through traffic.

ITSDAD

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
Sounds like shitty Altima drivers are definitely a U.S. thing and the Canadians got the shitty Tesla drivers hahaha.

PRDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra Type S
What about the Mopar drivers, I’ve noticed a good number of them doing stupid things on the road.

Sponsored

miksfield

First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
I've chatted about this with my friends before and we realized that there are so many different types of bad drivers. There are bad drivers that are super slow, there are bad drivers that have trouble staying within their lane, there are bad drivers that are way too reckless and drive without regard to anybody else, etc. etc. I'm always scanning for bad drivers when I drive around so that I can react quickly to them and get out of a situation safely. This is double when I'm driving something nice because all of sudden, when I drive a McLaren or a Porsche, all the hoodrats need to race me because I threaten their masculinity/self-esteem.

This is the definition that me and my friends have come up with: The more I have to expend brain power paying attention to you and what you do, the worse of a driver you are.

This means that the super slow distracted driver is as bad a driver as the super reckless fast driver that is "racing" everyone. To varying degrees, there are so many bad drivers and people who drive badly in different situations. The last minute reckless mergers, the shoulder drivers, the cops that drive like red lights don't exist, the cell phone drivers, the "racer", etc. etc. I can't wait for when all the people that don't care about driving are "driving" in self-driving cars.

creaturemachine

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
Just yesterday I was on the highway (401 WB) and there's a driving school vehicle sitting in the passing lane doing about 80 KM with the their blinkers on. She was trying to change lanes for a good 2-3 minutes. A lane opened up for the entrance onto the express on the left side of her, so I quickly move over and drove up to see what was happening. This lady was soo close to the steering wheel, there's no way she'd be able to see her side mirrors. Her instructor? She could barely see over the dash and was wearing something over her head that would have made visibility worse. The best part was the license plate was "TOPDRVR" 😂
Why is a driving school even trying to do that on the 401 anyway. I feel for anyone trying to learn in the GTA, it's a fucking meat grinder out there, but these schools are a joke.

To me, it's the Model 3 drivers that have been obnoxious on the road.
Totally oblivious, but it makes them easy to pass. Don't ever tailgate or even follow one due to their phantom braking problems.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Why is a driving school even trying to do that on the 401 anyway. I feel for anyone trying to learn in the GTA, it's a fucking meat grinder out there, but these schools are a joke.

Totally oblivious, but it makes them easy to pass. Don't ever tailgate or even follow one due to their phantom braking problems.
It begs the question, is it the car autonomously driving that's being dumb or is it just the driver being an ass because they have this really quick EV.

creaturemachine

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
To me, it's the Model 3 drivers that have been obnoxious on the road.
It begs the question, is it the car autonomously driving that's being dumb or is it just the driver being an ass because they have this really quick EV.
We must have a different breed of them up here. They'd fit right in with the Prius drivers if you know what I mean. The odd burst of acceleration then they slow right down so their insurance scores don't take a hit.

The only obnoxious Teslas I've seen were a couple of US-plated model Ys racing each other onto a freeway onramp. It was hilarious because there's no way of driving a Y that makes you look cool. Like an over-inflated, pregnant model 3.

Sponsored

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TW FG2 & SGP FL5
I just got back from a quick trip to Florida, and the Nissan meme is not a joke. There were so many messed up cars on the road, it was shocking. Saw this t-boned Honda Odyssey driving around like there was nothing with it, just crazy lol. I guess insurance is not a thing down there?

E-Rod

Honda Fanatic
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1991 NSX, 2006 S2000, 2024 Integra Type-S
4. Speeding tickets..use Waze😉
I agree with 1-3 but #4 is just someone who hasn't invested in a proper radar detector. I guess you could argue its 50% situational awareness and "don't be a downright idiot" (like going 80mph in a school zone).

Reminds me I need to order the BlendMount + MirrorTap kit for my Uniden R7...

What really grinds my gears are people who are just downright oblivious to what lane they are in (usually the passing lane) and who is behind them. If I was a police officer I would spend all day going up and down the highways giving people tickets for going slow in the passing lane or not using their signals when changing lanes (haphazardly at that).

Coming back from Atlanta on a Monday morning, going 230 miles on I-85 really brought out the inner road rage.

E-Rod

Honda Fanatic
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I just got back from a quick trip to Florida, and the Nissan meme is not a joke. There were so many messed up cars on the road, it was shocking. Saw this t-boned Honda Odyssey driving around like there was nothing with it, just crazy lol. I guess insurance is not a thing down there?
You would be surprised how many people get into accidents like that and pocket the insurance money.

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I agree with 1-3 but #4 is just someone who hasn't invested in a proper radar detector. I guess you could argue its 50% situational awareness and "don't be a downright idiot" (like going 80mph in a school zone).

Reminds me I need to order the BlendMount + MirrorTap kit for my Uniden R7...

What really grinds my gears are people who are just downright oblivious to what lane they are in (usually the passing lane) and who is behind them. If I was a police officer I would spend all day going up and down the highways giving people tickets for going slow in the passing lane or not using their signals when changing lanes (haphazardly at that).

Coming back from Atlanta on a Monday morning, going 230 miles on I-85 really brought out the inner road rage.
Are radar detectors still a thing? I mean lots of laser and such out there

E-Rod

Honda Fanatic
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Maybe it's just my neck of the woods, but I still see mostly Ka-band radar with some K-band here and there.

The thing about laser is that they have to be stationary and pointing it outside the window. I have seen some of the motorcycle cops using it on the interstates. It's also not very easy to use at night because it requires the LIDAR to be hitting certain parts of the car (usually front emblem/headlights/mirrors) to get a reading.

So radar is likely here to stay because they can use it while moving (following/catching up) and at night, with more oblique angles where laser requires more of a dead on front/rear angle.

The downside is that you basically are done once you get hit with a laser alert since it's so focused, unless you're getting splash/reflection from another car who is being hit by it. Whereas radar is more of a wide wave over longer distances. Think flashlight tag at night versus a laser pointer.

Now the interesting part is radar is regulated by the FCC, so the use of radar jammers would be a big no-no (not to mention require a lot of power). Light is regulated by the FDA and there is no federal regulation prohibiting you using a jammer. Now of course your state laws may differ but to be honest I think most cops are just going to try to nab the next guy if they get jam/error readings on you.

There are passive measures that can be used as well, such as light diffuser covers on license plates and coatings for headlights that can be applied to reduce the amount that's reflected back, making it harder for them to get a laser reading.

All said, I feel like most police don't care about traffic stops as much compared to years ago. It almost feels boring in a sense with a radar detector as I rarely see people around here pulled over for tickets or speed traps. Maybe PDs are understaffed, but I have noticed it decline in the last 5 years or so.
Sponsored