Sponsored

Just need to gush a bit about this car...

E-Rod

Honda Fanatic
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1991 NSX, 2006 S2000, 2024 Integra Type-S
Today I picked up my ITS in PWP (now named "Luna", as today was also a full moon), somewhat impulsively after having an A-Spec loaner for a couple of days while my NA1 NSX has been getting some work done (CV joint/boots + alignment). I admit I was skeptical of it at first with the loaner, but I really enjoyed the ride. Despite being a CVT it felt really smooth, great handling and brakes, and nice tech package for all the bells and whistles.

I wasn't in the market for a car exactly, but my DD is a Tesla Model 3 and despite being the Performance model... it's not exactly a driver's car or exciting. I actually nickname her Cinderella because I only take her out when its not a good day or event to take the NA1 or AP2 out. But then I started to think why do I own a car that I don't enjoy driving? Because it's a trusty DD? Surely there must be a better way I thought...

Today I came back to turn in the loaner and "just take a look" at the showroom while I waited for them to wrap up the service. There was an Apex Blue ITS out front that caught my eye but the PWP+Ebony in the showroom absolutely stole the show for me. The way the pearl shimmered in the light and black on white contrast, made me miss my CTR. Initially I thought I wanted LCM, but after seeing it in person on an Apsec it was a bit too drab for me.

I already knew in my heart I was taking this car home, I don't know why I was trying to talk myself out of it or waiting on another color to show up. After another few minutes I was talking to the sales rep about price and they wanted MSRP nothing more -- fair enough. After doing all the fun paperwork I was sitting in the ITS and setting it all up -- much easier after getting familiar with the Integra loaner already. I felt like a kid on Christmas, the thrill of getting a new toy that's brand new and shiny. I wasn't sure if I enjoyed more sitting inside it or gawking at it from the outside.

I had a nice 45 minute drive home and oh boy... does this have some balls! :p I thought the 600 mile "break-in" would require some restraint but honestly this car gets well up to speed with minimal effort. I don't want to say I'm scared of the power, but I'm definitely not worried about feeling the need to wind it out to get it. Maybe it's just being used to N/A motors and the linear power band compared to the turbo boost, but goodness!

My main joy is just the comfort of the ride, this thing is an amazing DD. I'm trying to compare it to the memories of the CTR, but this just feels all around better. Smoother, more refined, just more comfortable (especially the suspension). Would be no problem taking this on a 500+ mile road trip and sitting in it for hours on end cruising along. More luxury, less boy-racer.

I can say that this 6-speed transmission is probably one of the best ever and that's a high bar for Honda. I've always loved the AP2 transmission but I dare say this one is even better. The short throw and the simple click confirmation with zero grittiness is just heaven. Having owned a FG2 back in the day and later the FK8, this is the end-game of what I wanted those cars to be.

My poor AP2 is going to get even less time now...

(I sold the Model 3 to my brother who really enjoys it)
Sponsored

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
Is he really you're brother if he "enjoys" a M3P ... JK :p

Glad another DE5 found it's way to an owner who will appreciate it.

OP
OP
E-Rod

E-Rod

Honda Fanatic
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Awesome, very happy for you...need pics :)
Will do!

Enjoy the new ride
I’m torn between making every excuse to drive her around or wait until I can get the ceramic coating on it asap…

Is he really you're brother if he "enjoys" a M3P ... JK :p

Glad another DE5 found it's way to an owner who will appreciate it.
Haha I always joke with him that he’s saving a lot of money by not being a car guy. We got dinner last night in the ITS and he likes it but just not someone would go out of their way to buy one.

As requested, a few pictures I took while doing the financing paperwork!

IMG_2999.jpeg
IMG_2995.jpeg
IMG_2993.jpeg
IMG_3019.jpeg
IMG_3016.jpeg
IMG_3020.jpeg
IMG_3023.jpeg
IMG_3007.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
E-Rod

E-Rod

Honda Fanatic
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have to give Honda credit, they really did the Integra name justice with this car (and not just the Type-S). I'm essentially an old man at heart yelling at clouds when it comes to "modern reboots" of just about everything but sometimes they do hit the mark and this is one case.

I do think this car will end up being a future classic in 20+ years, similar to the TL Type-S were years after their production. It is becoming increasingly difficult to get a manual transmission car and here you get it in such a complete package.

I'm happy they went with the high-revving K20C instead of a K24. I told myself if I didn't get the NSX last year I was going to do a CRX Si build with K20 top and K24 bottom with boost. It seems like I got a similar package with the ITS, including the lift-back style along with lots of tech and luxuries that I like.

Gives me hope that as the world becomes more "boring" in terms of the automotive world (read: safety + emissions regulations), we can still have fun cars.

dockleryxk

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
Welcome to the club!!!!!!

ChromaPop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai Veloster N; VW GTI's, Mazdaspeed 3, Mini C
Same place I bought mine back in September! I am curious who your sales rep was?

Themousetrap

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic
Welcome! I am so happy to see people fall in love with this car as I have. I have a PWP with about 700 miles. I had it tinted with 20% on the sides and back and 50% on the windshield, and ceramic coated and she is gorgeous. I added black badge (with white backing)on the back badge and planning to at least do black on the front. My girl is also named Luna :) because she glows, but she also has a dark side.

Sponsored

OP
OP
E-Rod

E-Rod

Honda Fanatic
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Congrats! What CTR did you have before and why'd you get rid of it?

OP
OP
E-Rod

E-Rod

Honda Fanatic
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Congrats! What CTR did you have before and why'd you get rid of it?
2017 FK8. In hindsight it’s a great question… trading it for a Tesla M3P (my only car then) was mostly my curiosity for gotta-go-fast EV.

I think what got me was I felt like the CTR was more “tame” than what I came from (high revving K20/F22) and didn’t have the same VTEC feel. It was quick and practical but I guess I didn’t love it? It sounds funny to say because the question is of course “well, you thought a Tesla would be MORE fun?” Touche!

I ended up getting a second car (and my second AP2) while my M3P was in the collision shop from someone rear ending me at low speed. I hated dealing with the rental car and company that much and it reminded me how much I missed that fun.

It sort of snowballed from there into the NA1 (my dream car) and now the DE5. I never had the ITR but I’ll take the ITS instead!

What’s interesting is that I feel like the ITS is more like my FG2 with boost than the CTR but I can’t explain why…

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
2017 FK8. In hindsight it’s a great question… trading it for a Tesla M3P (my only car then) was mostly my curiosity for gotta-go-fast EV.

I think what got me was I felt like the CTR was more “tame” than what I came from (high revving K20/F22) and didn’t have the same VTEC feel. It was quick and practical but I guess I didn’t love it? It sounds funny to say because the question is of course “well, you thought a Tesla would be MORE fun?” Touche!

I ended up getting a second car (and my second AP2) while my M3P was in the collision shop from someone rear ending me at low speed. I hated dealing with the rental car and company that much and it reminded me how much I missed that fun.

It sort of snowballed from there into the NA1 (my dream car) and now the DE5. I never had the ITR but I’ll take the ITS instead!

What’s interesting is that I feel like the ITS is more like my FG2 with boost than the CTR but I can’t explain why…
Man, you've got a great stable so that M3P definitely felt like out of left field.

It's still my dream to pick up an AP2 but it's just so hard to justify the price tag. Maybe when I finally get tired of my truck but I've had this thing since brand new and I take really great care of my cars such that it's still cherry even after 55k miles. Plus I've finally got it looking the way I want to now.

Maybe in a few years.
Sponsored