Muffler or Resonator Delete?

Kevin1900

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2025 Acura Integra A Spec 6 Speed Manual
I just picked up a 2025 Acura Integra A Spec 6 Speed Manual. Love the car but it's a little too silent for me. I just want it to be a little more aggressive, was debating on doing a Muffler delete or Resonator delete. I couldn't find many videos on YT regarding the matter. Anyone have any recommendations?

Also, if I do any of these "deletes" would that void any of the warranties?
Sponsored

Car00071

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I just picked up a 2025 Acura Integra A Spec 6 Speed Manual. Love the car but it's a little too silent for me. I just want it to be a little more aggressive, was debating on doing a Muffler delete or Resonator delete. I couldn't find many videos on YT regarding the matter. Anyone have any recommendations?

Don’t do a delete, just get an exhaust. It’s worth the cost, deletes don’t sound good and will drone.

1alrighttegra

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra a-spec 1990 corvette
I did a delete on mine over a year ago but i deleted the rear ones and swapped out the mud one with a 2.5 big box muffler. Now I have full 3in exhaust with 27won downpipe, mid pipe and big boz exhaust tips.

OP
OP

Kevin1900

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Don’t do a delete, just get an exhaust. It’s worth the cost, deletes don’t sound good and will drone.
Any exhaust you recommend? I can't find any YT videos to compare. Thanks for responding!

OP
OP

Kevin1900

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I did a delete on mine over a year ago but i deleted the rear ones and swapped out the mud one with a 2.5 big box muffler. Now I have full 3in exhaust with 27won downpipe, mid pipe and big boz exhaust tips.
How did you like the sound when you did the delete? I am looking for it to sounds a little bit more aggressive. Thanks for the feedback!

Sponsored

1alrighttegra

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra a-spec 1990 corvette
How did you like the sound when you did the delete? I am looking for it to sounds a little bit more aggressive. Thanks for the feedback!
It sounded pretty good not to crazy but you can hear the pops more. It was pretty loud but still low enough that I could still drive my mom in it( she gets headaches with loud exhaust).

Car00071

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Any exhaust you recommend? I can't find any YT videos to compare. Thanks for responding!
I think it was the thermal r&d I hear good things about. Awe is good too.

ken_teggy88

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra A-Spec w/ Technology 6MT
I have the AWE Touring on my 6mt, exhaust is perfect for me no drone in the cabin, and can be heard outside by other people.

treyk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
I have the resonator taken out of mine. The resonator is designed to eliminate drone. So when you take it out you will get a bit of drone but it is not anything too bad in my opinion. Once you take the resonator out the car will burble. The burbles aren't loud and obnoxious but they are constant. So every time you go from first to second at a light it will burble a bit. Personally, I don't like the fact that they happen all the time but I can live with it.

Edit: I don't believe that they will void any warranties. The guys over at my local dealer asked me what did to my exhaust and I told them it was just a resonator delete. Next time I came in my valve cover was leaking and they covered it under warranty. But I assume if you had a hole in your exhaust where the resonator was taken out yeah they probably wouldn't cover it.

Last edited:

LouieB

First Name
Louie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra A-SpecTec
Did an AWE on my 6mt, sounds great, no drone, easy install comes complete with a new front pipe as well.

Sponsored

22si

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Civic Si

See these posts. Same engine/exhaust sound as Civic Si. You can check youtube for Civic Si muffler delete vids too.

https://www.civic11forum.com/posts/55670/

https://www.civic11forum.com/posts/55710/

Ap2Iven

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda s2000 / 10th Gen Civic
I deleted my resonator and added a down pipe (Cvt here) the vehicle burples a lot more during de-acceleration and at idle a bit louder (when I use the cold start feature) in the morning, I can actually hear my car turn on. Removing resonator does not void warranty , just keep the part put away . I’ve worked at 4 different dealerships and never had a warranty voided for a removed resonator. I went this way due to the fact the car is a Cvt and I didn’t want to add an exhaust , doing this gave me the extra sound in the morning so I know my “cold start in the remote” did work. And you get a bit of a louder experience when accelerating and the burples
Sponsored

Last edited: