Sponsored

Noise around the wheel/suspension when coming to a complete stop. Here is a video clip

OP
OP
Its_Vince_De5

Its_Vince_De5

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra type S
From what I can tell from a 15 second video clip... Honestly sounds like the tires rubbing the concrete of your garage floor. If it happens everywhere then it's most likely brakes.

Just normal noise caused from friction of components that are required for the vehicle to stop. It's not specific to this car, it's 100% normal and there is nothing you can do about it.

I can guarantee I can duplicate this sound on my $100k+ Macan. Actually, it's worse because that car has "surface coated brakes" that are actually noisy AF.

If it bothers you a lot don't take random forum advice, get it in to your dealer. Just don't try to argue when they come back and tell you it's normal.
It happens everywhere. More evident at low speed completing a stop. It’s not the same noise that occurs when you apply the breaks and hear the break pads rub on the rotors. I noticed this with my wife’s RDX during break-in period, but less as it now has more miles.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Its_Vince_De5

Its_Vince_De5

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra type S
Important to note I don't notice this noise on a daily basis. If anything, did you wash your car recently? I notice it then. Otherwise, yes there's probably a decent chance that some noises you're experiencing now may change/go away over time. Or you may have to consider the possibility you're just super sensitive to it, and it doesn't bother most people who may experience it as much as you.
It was much more noticeable after a wash. Which I can expect with the water and debris getting caught between the pads and rotors. I’m waiting for the dealership to replace the rotors and pads once they come in. They did say that if it doesn’t fix it. They will look at other components. We’ll see.

joemama

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
OP based on your location, makes sense you're getting that sound. I live in a humid environment and have the same noise too. I honestly didn't think anything of it, keep us posted if the dealer service ends up fixing that.

OP
OP
Its_Vince_De5

Its_Vince_De5

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra type S
OP based on your location, makes sense you're getting that sound. I live in a humid environment and have the same noise too. I honestly didn't think anything of it, keep us posted if the dealer service ends up fixing that.
Will do

FloArm

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
PRP ITS
Mine makes this exact noise. Bothered me at first, but you kinda have to learn to ignore it. My brakes do make a clicking sound when turning at low speeds, thought it was cv joints but dealer said it was brakes. There’s an open case with Acura right now on it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Its_Vince_De5

Its_Vince_De5

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra type S
Update: I finally had my local dealership address the noise. They changed the rear break pads and rotors. The technician said that there was rust causing the rotor to adhere to the hub so he applied some moly between the hub and the rotor. Initially I noticed at decent improvement, but noticed the same exact noise returned by the time I got home. I contacted the dealership and was told to bring the car back to see what else could be the issue.
Sponsored