Sponsored

Paint nibs / dust particles - repairable?

new2teg

First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I discovered a few paint nibs or dust / contamination and was wondering if it's repairable, or would need to be fully repainted. I don't want to open a can of worms if it's going to be work than it's worth. The one that bothers me most is right smack in the middle of the hood.
Any ideas on if this can be fixed or would need a full hood repaint?
I do plan to get ppf on the hood - would ppf minimize the defect or enhance it?
I know nothing is perfect so want to have reasonable expectations.
Thanks.

20240408_074915.jpg

20240408_074924.jpg
Sponsored

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
That's embedded in there and I'd imagine cannot be polished away.

I'm persnickity myself and honestly sometimes, I try not to inspect the car so much because I feel like I will inevitably find little issues like this.

OP
OP

new2teg

First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Thanks. I tend to agree - this one just caught my attention because of the location. The other one is smaller, located on the bottom of the driver's door and doesn't bother me.
I need to learn to just enjoy the drive lol.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Thanks. I tend to agree - this one just caught my attention because of the location. The other one is smaller, located on the bottom of the driver's door and doesn't bother me.
I need to learn to just enjoy the drive lol.
I had my car PPF'd so that kind of skylined a handful of paint issues for me (apart from the small hatch panel alignment issue I already identified).

Fortunately a lot are very minor (thin paint on the edges) and the bigger ones like where some paint lifted at the edge during PPF, they were able to fix by touching up.

Other things like this tiny .05mm blemish on a dash trim or microscratches by the climate control button, I kind of am just trying to live with. The dealer is being accomodating but I am hesitant to tear into the dash and start taking stuff apart for fear of dash rattles down the line.
Sponsored