Sponsored

Quirk I found, not sure where to post it.

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
So, maybe I am, doing something wrong, but if I start the car and then go outside and want to open the hatch to put something in it or get something out, it will not open or unlock, whether I use the button on the trunk latch or the FOB, is it a setting I need to change or something?
I can't figure out how to make it so I can access my hatch while the car is running.
Sponsored

wagood

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Integra 6MT
This was so annoying when I experienced it. Trunk button/fob useless. Had to go back and press unlock on the driver door and then I could open the trunk with the car running. Can anyone make this make sense?

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
This was so annoying when I experienced it. Trunk button/fob useless. Had to go back and press unlock on the driver door and then I could open the trunk with the car running. Can anyone make this make sense?
Holy mackerel, that is stoopid, but ok, thanks for the heads up.

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
It's like the gas door, I believe the car has to be unlocked in order to open the hatch. Hold the hatch release button to unlock it. You can also tap the door handle to unlock. Still, a dumb design.

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
It's like the gas door, I believe the car has to be unlocked in order to open the hatch. Hold the hatch release button to unlock it. You can also tap the door handle to unlock. Still, a dumb design.
hmm so if I set it so when I put my hand on the handle it unlocks all doors then that would include the hatch and gas door?
Makes sense, I guess.

Sponsored

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
If you leave the door ajar, it will it keep the car unlocked also. Again, a dumb design function but it's definitely a quirk of the car.

creaturemachine

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
Did you have the fob with you outside the car?