Sponsored

Spare plus fix-a-flat

CB750 rider

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra, 06 Five-Hundred, 2011 Express
I figured out a way to keep my fix-a-flat kit under the floor of the trunk with the spare tire kit. The required modification took about 5 minutes.

I bought the spare tire kit last year, and I was disappointed that it didn't have a good spot for my fix-a-flat kit. I don't like using slime in tires, but the air pump comes in handy. I have a fire extinguisher, some jumper cables, and spare towel with the spare, which didn't leave room for the fix-a-flat kit under the floor. The kit could (sort-of) fit in the cubby, but not with my first-aid kit. So, I was looking for a better solution.

It turns out that I could cut out the corner of the foam that goes above the spare and the fix-a-flat fits there nicely.

So, as I was getting in the back to vacuum my car out, I decided to go ahead and make a spot for the pump.

First I marked off where I wanted the kit to go.

20240831_104958.jpg

Then, I cut out the space with a hot wire knife.

20240831_105657.jpg

Next I used some weather-strip foam I had laying around to create a buffer so the kit won't rub.

20240831_105843.jpg

20240831_124223.jpg

You can see the foam I put beneath the kit in the picture above and the foam on the sides and the kit in the picture below.

20240831_124252.jpg

The floor lays perfectly flat and now I don't have the kit bouncing around in the back. Yay!
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra ASpec w/Tech, 10 Mazda Miata MX5
Nice job. I purchased the spare tire kit so the compressor/goo kit is now in my Miata replacing the long ago expired kit that came with the car.
Sponsored