Sponsored

Steering wheel noise

lefluxflux

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Hi all,

I bought my 2024 ITS new around May, and so far it's been a wonderful experience, minus one small nagging item:

There is a noise that almost sounds like creaking plastic on the steering wheel, and it generally tends to be particularly pronounced if it's hot and humid outside.

I have noticed that if I push the center part of the wheel upwards (the horn section), the noise tends to lessen significantly, so I'm probably going to shove a piece of foam inside the center horn section while it's angled upwards. I've attached a video, and am wondering if this is a common issue that can get fixed by the dealer?

Sponsored

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I'd take that shit straight to the dealer, let them sort it out.

bisquick

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS, '19 LSM RDX A-Spec
Does it produce a similar noise when pulling the wheel towards and away from you? That would leave me to believe the wheel is torqued or something is loose on the rack.

The former is an easy (but concerning) fix. The latter, as mentioned above, take it to the dealer.

OP
OP

lefluxflux

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I scheduled an appointment to take it to the dealership tomorrow. They mentioned they've seen these issues on prior model Acuras, and it might be some sort of lubrication issue in the steering rack.

It makes the noise with basically any amount of pressure applied on the wheel, even extremely light pressure. Whether it's side to side turning of the wheel, or just pushing or pulling it very very slightly. Again, it's much more pronounced when it's hot outside (my car sits in an uncooled garage).

OP
OP

lefluxflux

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Hi all,

For archiving purposes I guess, the dealership found the issue. There's a wire inside the steering wheel (I believe it runs either to the infotainment or to the speedometer) that was simply rubbing against the inside of the steering wheel (the horn section).

They ordered a new part for it and replaced it, and it's all good now.
Sponsored