ITS, Silverado 1500 Duramax

GotSeoul?

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Platinum White Pearl Integra Type S
Can't offer any advice or opinion here other than those are some sexy wheels.

If they fit and you get them be sure to update this thread with some pics.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Yeah those are real nice. Personally I just like the look of 19s on this car otherwise I probably would have got me a set of CE28s.

I just posted in another thread that the only "negative" about Volks and other Japanese forged wheels is that you're probably going to end up paying import taxes/fees/etc along with the already-expensive forged wheel, but there are some vendors/sellers that can work around that. Other brands to consider are Apex and Titan7. USDM wheels (at least I'm pretty sure they're made in the US...)- not so much an advantage in quality or design but no import costs lets you grab a solid set of forged wheels for probably ~$1500 or so less than an equivalent set of JDM wheels. YMMV on this, and honestly 18s just seem to be cheaper across the board so all this cost talk may be irrelevant... but I paid ~$2700 for my 19" Apex VS-5RS and I couldn't find a set of Volk G025 or Advan GT Beyond for less than $4500. Ultimately up to you what you want though, because I kind of also look at wheels like a fashion accessory. I bought a Rolex over an Omega for about the same cost difference because I liked the way it looked and felt. Wheels are very subjective.

As for fitment, +35 is a pretty aggressive offset so expect them to "poke" a bit. +45 visually is about perfect. But they should fit no problem, many others are running similar offsets and not reporting any issues on OEM suspension- however, you'll probably need at least a little bit of camber to squeeze them in if you go with a wider tire setup and/or lower the car. But there is lots of room to work with in these fender wells.

The only other thing to consider is the bore size, our cars are 64.1mm and some wheels (like Apex) will come in exactly that size so you just slap it on the hub and you're good to go (you'll also need conical lugs too). Hub-centric rings will solve this problem if it's not exactly 64.1mm (most aftermarket wheels are not). Work with the vendor you're buying the wheels from for both the hub ring and lugnuts to make sure you're good to go, most vendors will be happy to walk you through those details.

Finally, consider buying a set of TPMS sensors, unless you're planning on never using your OEM wheels again. In that case, just have whoever's mounting the tires take the sensors out of the OEM wheels, they're reusable. But if you're using the OEM wheels for winter like many of us are, definitely in your best interest to just buy new sensors.

So to summarize, in addition to the wheels themselves and the obvious tires and costs associated with mounting/balancing, you'll also likely need:

- hub-centric rings
- conical lug nuts
- TPMS sensors

This stuff can add up so may as well be aware of them now.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah those are real nice. Personally I just like the look of 19s on this car otherwise I probably would have got me a set of CE28s.

I just posted in another thread that the only "negative" about Volks and other Japanese forged wheels is that you're probably going to end up paying import taxes/fees/etc along with the already-expensive forged wheel, but there are some vendors/sellers that can work around that. Other brands to consider are Apex and Titan7. USDM wheels (at least I'm pretty sure they're made in the US...)- not so much an advantage in quality or design but no import costs lets you grab a solid set of forged wheels for probably ~$1500 or so less than an equivalent set of JDM wheels. YMMV on this, and honestly 18s just seem to be cheaper across the board so all this cost talk may be irrelevant... but I paid ~$2700 for my 19" Apex VS-5RS and I couldn't find a set of Volk G025 or Advan GT Beyond for less than $4500. Ultimately up to you what you want though, because I kind of also look at wheels like a fashion accessory. I bought a Rolex over an Omega for about the same cost difference because I liked the way it looked and felt. Wheels are very subjective.

As for fitment, +35 is a pretty aggressive offset so expect them to "poke" a bit. +45 visually is about perfect. But they should fit no problem, many others are running similar offsets and not reporting any issues on OEM suspension- however, you'll probably need at least a little bit of camber to squeeze them in if you go with a wider tire setup and/or lower the car. But there is lots of room to work with in these fender wells.

The only other thing to consider is the bore size, our cars are 64.1mm and some wheels (like Apex) will come in exactly that size so you just slap it on the hub and you're good to go (you'll also need conical lugs too). Hub-centric rings will solve this problem if it's not exactly 64.1mm (most aftermarket wheels are not). Work with the vendor you're buying the wheels from for both the hub ring and lugnuts to make sure you're good to go, most vendors will be happy to walk you through those details.

Finally, consider buying a set of TPMS sensors, unless you're planning on never using your OEM wheels again. In that case, just have whoever's mounting the tires take the sensors out of the OEM wheels, they're reusable. But if you're using the OEM wheels for winter like many of us are, definitely in your best interest to just buy new sensors.

So to summarize, in addition to the wheels themselves and the obvious tires and costs associated with mounting/balancing, you'll also likely need:

- hub-centric rings
- conical lug nuts
- TPMS sensors

This stuff can add up so may as well be aware of them now.
Thank you for the very detailed response. I really appreciate it.

I agree with you on the 19s being better. I plan on keeping the OEM wheels/ tires and making a winter setup with Pilot Sport all seasons since there is only one all season option for OEM wheels and people seem to have problems with balancing them (from what I’ve read here). I once had a set of tires that wouldn’t balance right on a Traverse that led to a year long journey that eventually ended it getting the same OEM tires and I don’t want to go down that road again.

The other options I am considering are the Apex or Enkei. Enkei seems like the easiest option since I think this is OEM for Honda/Acura and obviously Apex seems to have several specificity for our car.

I do want TPM on this set. Basically I just want to order the rims and TPM (and whatever else I need) and take it to a local tire shop and have them slap on the all season sports and I’ll switch between the 2 sets in the fall / spring. I also live in Maryland and own other cars so I have no need to ever drive this car in the snow but I do want to drive it most of the winter on clear days so I need a tire that works above 40 degrees.

Last edited:

Sponsored

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thank you for the very detailed response. I really appreciate it.

I agree with you on the 19s being better. I plan on keeping the OEM wheels/ tires and making a winter setup with Pilot Sport all seasons since there is only one all season option for OEM wheels and people seem to have problems with balancing them (from what I’ve read here). I once had a set of tires that wouldn’t balance right on a Traverse that lead to a year long journey that eventually ended it getting the same OEM tires and I don’t want to go down that road again.

The other options I am considering is the Apex or Enkei. Enkei seems like the easiest option since I think this is OEM for Honda/Acura and obviously Apex seems to have several specificity for our car.

I do want TPM on this set. Basically I just want to order the rims and TPS and take it to a local tire shop and have the slap on the all season sports and I’ll switch between the 2 sets in the fall / spring. I also live in Maryland and own other cars so I have no need to ever drive this car in the snow but I do want to drive it most of the winter on clear days so I need a tire that works above 40 degrees.
I'm in Maryland too, it doesn't snow enough here to justify winter tires but it does stay cold long enough to easily justify all-seasons.

Only thing I'll mention about Enkei is that I don't believe they offer forged wheels, but I could be wrong. Not the biggest deal in the world, it's not like I instantly noticed a huge performance increase when I installed my VS-5RS but I guess it's... peace of mind, knowing that the wheels are ~7-10lbs lighter on each corner (might want to double-check my math, it's been a while since I was in "research phase" for wheels so I very easily could be off).

But if you're getting 18s to put all-seasons on them, honestly I see zero reason to go with an expensive forged wheel. There are plenty of much cheaper cast or flow-formed wheels to consider, save yourself the extra cash.

These had my attention enough to possibly consider them over the Apex's - plus they are a very similar design to the CE28 (Apex has some great flow-formed options too):

https://www.vividracing.com/gramlights-57nr-wheel-18x95-5x120-45mm-dark-bronze-p-156556622.html

1726757449878-4c.jpg

Underdog

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘24 ITS, ‘06 Legacy GT
I ha
The other options I am considering are the Apex or Enkei. Enkei seems like the easiest option since I think this is OEM for Honda/Acura and obviously Apex seems to have several specificity for our car.
I had Enkei PF01's on my other car for several years and they were great. Was seriously considering their GTC02 (or even the Triumph) for my Integra but decided to go with OZ Leggera HLT's, and I kept it 19x9.5 for tire compatibility with my stock wheels as an alternate set. All three options were lighter than the 26lb reported weight of the stock wheels, and my car is street-only so I didn't see the need to go forged or with the absolute lightest possible setup. Frankly I'd rather put the price delta towards something else.

The offset on my new wheels is +51 so they won't be quite as flush as the +45 setups, but it's still an 18mm wider track which should be noticeable in terms of aesthetic and handling. I also didn't want to stray too far from the stock +60, to not exacerbate the torque steer too greatly.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
[
I'm in Maryland too, it doesn't snow enough here to justify winter tires but it does stay cold long enough to easily justify all-seasons.

Only thing I'll mention about Enkei is that I don't believe they offer forged wheels, but I could be wrong. Not the biggest deal in the world, it's not like I instantly noticed a huge performance increase when I installed my VS-5RS but I guess it's... peace of mind, knowing that the wheels are ~7-10lbs lighter on each corner (might want to double-check my math, it's been a while since I was in "research phase" for wheels so I very easily could be off).

But if you're getting 18s to put all-seasons on them, honestly I see zero reason to go with an expensive forged wheel. There are plenty of much cheaper cast or flow-formed wheels to consider, save yourself the extra cash.

These had my attention enough to possibly consider them over the Apex's - plus they are a very similar design to the CE28 (Apex has some great flow-formed options too):

https://www.vividracing.com/gramlights-57nr-wheel-18x95-5x120-45mm-dark-bronze-p-156556622.html

1726757449878-4c.jpg
Yeah, it occurred to me I’d have my performance wheels and tires reversed but man those Volk rims would look amazing on my black ITS. Honestly I kind of wish I hadn’t seen them.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I ha

I had Enkei PF01's on my other car for several years and they were great. Was seriously considering their GTC02 (or even the Triumph) for my Integra but decided to go with OZ Leggera HLT's, and I kept it 19x9.5 for tire compatibility with my stock wheels as an alternate set. All three options were lighter than the 26lb reported weight of the stock wheels, and my car is street-only so I didn't see the need to go forged or with the absolute lightest possible setup. Frankly I'd rather put the price delta towards something else.

The offset on my new wheels is +51 so they won't be quite as flush as the +45 setups, but it's still an 18mm wider track which should be noticeable in terms of aesthetic and handling. I also didn't want to stray too far from the stock +60, to not exacerbate the torque steer too greatly.
Thanks, appreciate the input on Enkei. Really the Enkei make the most sense for my needs of using them with all season tires and are literally 1/3 the price of the Volk. I’ll probably end up with them but then again those Volks are awesome. It’s only money, right?

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks, appreciate the input on Enkei. Really the Enkei make the most sense for my needs of using them with all season tires and are literally 1/3 the price of the Volk. I’ll probably end up with them but then again those Volks are awesome. It’s only money, right?
People have different philosophies about paying for things like forged wheels... it's not a life-changing amount of money, as long as you're not being completely irresponsible get what makes you happy.
Sponsored