Sponsored

Where to buy PPF

vovakovtun

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
I work in the printing industry, so I usually source my materials from distributors. I'm often concerned about the risk of receiving counterfeit products from big online retailers. I’ve heard that VViViD produces their own materials, which is great to know! While 3M is a well-known brand and offers quality products, they can be a bit pricey. There are other brands like Avery and SunTek that can provide excellent quality at more affordable prices.

OP
OP

edido

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS (TEP)
Do you know how to install it? Its not as easy as installing a air intake.
I did hood, front bumper, pillars and mirror caps a few years ago on Tesla Model 3. Those were pre-cut PPF parts.
Overall, I understand the concept. I would probably give my work 8/10 :)

I want to give it a try. Going to a local shop will cost me almost as much as I paid for all parts. So it makes no sense.

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
I did hood, front bumper, pillars and mirror caps a few years ago on Tesla Model 3. Those were pre-cut PPF parts.
Overall, I understand the concept. I would probably give my work 8/10 :)

I want to give it a try. Going to a local shop will cost me almost as much as I paid for all parts. So it makes no sense.
A model 3 is simplistic and easy compared to the shapes on the front of these cars. I've made my ppf person redo the front end twice, the roof 3 times (still going to do it a 4th time), the mirrors 3 times, and the valence and one rocker will have to be redone again.

I'm all for doing some things on your own, but ppf is one where the installer is more important than the film. Imo, as long as the installed cost is less than 4x the cost of the film, the price is worthwhile to pay, especially for warrantying the work and film.

The two top films in the industry are the ceramic pro kavaca and xpel ultimate fusion plus (must have fusion in name, not standard ultimate plus). These both have ceramic built in and top tier self healing properties. You can only get these films by becoming a dealer. You could buy knockoff versions of the same film if you try to find their distributors in India. Do not buy Chinese film... The magic is in the glue, and cheap glue will make already very orange-peely paint much more so, and potentially change color warmth/coolness. Not to mention taking it off later will be a mess with bad glue.

You should be able to buy rolls of 3m, suntek, and llumar film, but without being a dealer you'll typically pay more. 3m 200 series is decent stuff and if you Google for it you can follow shopping results to find either rolls or precut; invisiblemask is a distributor for one. Some things precut isn't worth it because it may not give enough sizing to roll over the edges properly. The hood and fenders are good examples of this.

Don't forget, if you don't already have it, you'll need a polisher to clean up the paint before, decon wash to cleanup any residue, syringes and needles for bubbles, catalyst for regluing edges, small razors for fine cutting work and trimming, and a lot of patience and time where you won't be driving the car.

I would start with the b/c pillars black plastic trim, then work on the hood, then fenders, front bumper, mirrors, a pillars in that order.

Hope it works out for you! Please share photos.

OP
OP

edido

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS (TEP)
A model 3 is simplistic and easy compared to the shapes on the front of these cars. I've made my ppf person redo the front end twice, the roof 3 times (still going to do it a 4th time), the mirrors 3 times, and the valence and one rocker will have to be redone again.

I'm all for doing some things on your own, but ppf is one where the installer is more important than the film. Imo, as long as the installed cost is less than 4x the cost of the film, the price is worthwhile to pay, especially for warrantying the work and film.

The two top films in the industry are the ceramic pro kavaca and xpel ultimate fusion plus (must have fusion in name, not standard ultimate plus). These both have ceramic built in and top tier self healing properties. You can only get these films by becoming a dealer. You could buy knockoff versions of the same film if you try to find their distributors in India. Do not buy Chinese film... The magic is in the glue, and cheap glue will make already very orange-peely paint much more so, and potentially change color warmth/coolness. Not to mention taking it off later will be a mess with bad glue.

You should be able to buy rolls of 3m, suntek, and llumar film, but without being a dealer you'll typically pay more. 3m 200 series is decent stuff and if you Google for it you can follow shopping results to find either rolls or precut; invisiblemask is a distributor for one. Some things precut isn't worth it because it may not give enough sizing to roll over the edges properly. The hood and fenders are good examples of this.

Don't forget, if you don't already have it, you'll need a polisher to clean up the paint before, decon wash to cleanup any residue, syringes and needles for bubbles, catalyst for regluing edges, small razors for fine cutting work and trimming, and a lot of patience and time where you won't be driving the car.

I would start with the b/c pillars black plastic trim, then work on the hood, then fenders, front bumper, mirrors, a pillars in that order.

Hope it works out for you! Please share photos.
Oh no, I would not PPF the whole car myself ever again.
I need to PPF new mirror caps and spoiler only. My local shop gave me a quote that is almost equal to what I paid for new parts. That's why I decided to DIY.
Sponsored