Sponsored

Xpel PPF full templates still unavailable

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Just FYI, looks like I'll be getting my car PPF done next week, and the only available Xpel designs are the front bumper and partial hood and fenders. That's actually fine for me on this car as I was probably leaning more towards partial coverage anyway but it's interesting to note for those of you out there that have regular installers that use Xpel, you'll have to keep waiting if you want the full hood and fenders done.

Also interesting to note that it will be a bit more expensive than most cars due to the nature of the front bumper requiring more film. My installer likened it to a C8 Corvette, that car has a very long nose and it has to be accounted for when cutting the film and the materials cost more, which translates to the job costing more, on average.

I know I could probably get it done cheaper somewhere else, and I believe Suntek installers don't have the template limitations but this guy did my Boxster and I've seen several other cars roll out of this shop, and they've all been immaculate. A bad PPF job can ruin the ownership experience for some folks, including me. I'll take my chances with a known entity.
Sponsored

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Mine turned out well

1_4.jpg

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
OP
OP
optronix

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah that looks great, awesome. Assuming you didn't get the full hood and fenders? Also, did your film cover the gloss black bits?

My installer gave me a breakdown on why he doesn't suggest people do the film on the gloss pieces. Apparently on the Type Rs he was getting flak from customers who were complaining that because the film doesn't go all the way to the edge, the piano black plastic isn't paint, and will actually fade a bit on the part that isn't covered with film, giving it almost a two-tone appearance over time. I'm thinking that even if that's the case, it's better than it getting sandlbasted by road debris... did your installer share any similar feedback?

Sponsored

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Yeah that looks great, awesome. Assuming you didn't get the full hood and fenders? Also, did your film cover the gloss black bits?

My installer gave me a breakdown on why he doesn't suggest people do the film on the gloss pieces. Apparently on the Type Rs he was getting flak from customers who were complaining that because the film doesn't go all the way to the edge, the piano black plastic isn't paint, and will actually fade a bit on the part that isn't covered with film, giving it almost a two-tone appearance over time. I'm thinking that even if that's the case, it's better than it getting sandlbasted by road debris... did your installer share any similar feedback?
I have full front. Hood, bumper ,fenders, A pillers, and gloss pieces on B, and C.

OP
OP
optronix

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ok so my installer is full of shit?

Actually interestingly enough, I just checked the site just now, and there are all the kits listed there now.

https://www.xpel.com/paint-protecti...--AND--Light-Trucks/2024/Acura/Integra/Type-S

That was not the case this morning.

Anyway... that's strange that my installer threw a fit over it and yours was just like, NBD. I think he wants to charge around $4k for it too, which I don't think I'll do if that's the case.

alex9119

First Name
Alex Ly
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R, Gr Corolla, GR Supra
Xpel dap has had the kits for the last two weeks. My installer confirmed. Unfortunately I don’t have my car yet.

Lflouie

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AUDI S4, Alfa Romeo Giulia QV
Stopped by my Xpel dealer and was co firmed that the front clip, side skirts, and edge protection preforms are aavailable are available. Note, INTEGRA letters are precut. The rear bumper ( includes lower black area) is expected soon....maybe end of this week.

Last edited:

vexingv

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS LCM/Red; '16 BMW M235-xdrive
i went to an installer this past week and he showed me the Xpel portal/software. the rear bumper was not available, but listed as "planned part". same with the roof as well. i wonder if the roof panel is just the same as the regular/A-spec integra. lack of a rear template may be an issue too as the rear bumper also has that embossed lettering as in the front. at first i was thinking i wouldnt have the cutouts by the Integra letters, but he demonstrated with a small piece of ppf over and it looked like there would be adherence issues in that area and a lot of water left behind.

i'm looking to have the full car filmed. the installer said he usually removes mirrors, door handles, and trim pieces off to create a full. but i'm not sure if it's worth the risk of damage just to create a cleaner, edge-free look.

Sponsored

vexingv

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS LCM/Red; '16 BMW M235-xdrive
I have full front. Hood, bumper ,fenders, A pillers, and gloss pieces on B, and C.
for your full front, is the center matte black area (in front of the intercooler) also filmed? my installer said that film doesn't adhere very well to the matte black plastic and said he would skip it. (he offers both Xpel ultimate and STek dynoshield, which he prefers due to the hydrophobic coating)

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
for your full front, is the center matte black area (in front of the intercooler) also filmed? my installer said that film doesn't adhere very well to the matte black plastic and said he would skip it. (he offers both Xpel ultimate and STek dynoshield, which he prefers due to the hydrophobic coating)
Only the gloss pieces are covered

OP
OP
optronix

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
i went to an installer this past week and he showed me the Xpel portal/software. the rear bumper was not available, but listed as "planned part". same with the roof as well. i wonder if the roof panel is just the same as the regular/A-spec integra. lack of a rear template may be an issue too as the rear bumper also has that embossed lettering as in the front. at first i was thinking i wouldnt have the cutouts by the Integra letters, but he demonstrated with a small piece of ppf over and it looked like there would be adherence issues in that area and a lot of water left behind.

i'm looking to have the full car filmed. the installer said he usually removes mirrors, door handles, and trim pieces off to create a full. but i'm not sure if it's worth the risk of damage just to create a cleaner, edge-free look.
You get to a severe point of diminishing returns with full film. The only reason I'd ever get full film is with Xpel Stealth or the like, as that film changes the look of the paint. Or if I could get it installed for less than $3k- which I don't see happening by a quality installer. More like $6k at least.

I almost get it with very expensive cars like a GT3 or McLaren, to keep it immaculate for all time... but for an Acura I just don't think it's worth getting the full car done. It's just not that type of car to spend more than 10% of the value of the car on clear plastic; it's questionable to even spend 5% like I did. Paint protection film, for me, gives me piece of mind when I'm behind a dump truck or brodozer on the interstate, or during an HPDE. I wasn't actually going to even do PPF on this car but once I got it I just loved the way the paint looked more than I expected and couldn't stand the idea of it getting peppered with rock chips- and I'm glad I did it because as I mentioned in another thread I couldn't get the film done fast enough and got a substantial rock chip ON THE WAY to getting the film installed...

But when you start talking full film- the chances of road debris hitting your door, trunk, or front bumper is far less than some middle age guy with a bad back throwing their door open in a parking lot. The film isn't going to protect against that type of damage (or large rocks in case you were wondering...), and guess what else? You'll be tacking on replacing the film on that panel on top of whatever it costs for the repair.

I won't try to talk anyone out of spending their money on something they want, just something to be aware of. There's a reason Xpel doesn't have templates for the rear bumper- it's because there are very few people who actually apply it to that part of the car.

And you just flat out don't need film on matte plastic trim. There's no paint there to get chipped. The gloss black though definitely benefits from the film, and it is included with Xpel's template.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I'm assuming maybe the cost goes by demographic, perhaps?

My installer quoted me at just $1900 for full front including A pillars & back of side mirrors. He's an Xpel guy. That's what I have for my ceramic tint from him as well. Now I just wish I would've planned better & waited on the ceramic coating. 🤦🏽‍♂️ At first I figured I'll just repaint pieces as needed, but I've already gotten a few very minor chops through the clear coat & just under 700 miles. Plus I'll be tracking it.

Think I'll pay a little extra for the rear fender flares as well. I have the oem splash guards for now & hopefully the Artwork Bodyshop stuff might help deflect some. I also worked with them on the idea of designing similar splash guards to oem, but ones that work with their side splitters & travel up the fender flare some more to close that gap. No ETA on that as of yet.

OP
OP
optronix

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm assuming maybe the cost goes by demographic, perhaps?

My installer quoted me at just $1900 for full front including A pillars & back of side mirrors. He's an Xpel guy. That's what I have for my ceramic tint from him as well. Now I just wish I would've planned better & waited on the ceramic coating. 🤦🏽‍♂️ At first I figured I'll just repaint pieces as needed, but I've already gotten a few very minor chops through the clear coat & just under 700 miles. Plus I'll be tracking it.

Think I'll pay a little extra for the rear fender flares as well. I have the oem splash guards for now & hopefully the Artwork Bodyshop stuff might help deflect some. I also worked with them on the idea of designing similar splash guards to oem, but ones that work with their side splitters & travel up the fender flare some more to close that gap. No ETA on that as of yet.
Cost goes installer to installer. An installer in Annapolis tried to charge me $4-5k for just full front fenders, hood, and bumper. My installer in Northern Virginia charged me $2300 for the same job plus mirrors, headlights, and doorcups.
Sponsored