Sponsored

SiriMoto N1 Clutch Master Cylinder (CMC) Upgrade Kit!

jmoncer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'95 300ZX TT, '13 Frontier, '24 Integra Type S
Need pics of it installed. . .

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
Is there still a clutch delay valve in the slave cylinder on the ITS?
That check valve ruined the clutch feeling in my 05 Accord 6-6, especially in cold weather...but it was easy to remove.

I'm curious about the difference between the check valve in the slave cylinder and your product.

NecroFIesh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra & '07 S2000
There is no clutch delay valve in either the A-Spec 6MT or the ITS. There is the clutch damper unit, however. As stated above by OP. #19 as shown in the diagrams for reference...

1689781129239.png

1689781229437.png

#'s 1 and 9 are the bleeder valves and line adapters, respectively. Otherwise the slave cylinders are complete units on both trims. Hope this helps.

-G

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Will this help with second gear grind?

Sponsored

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
There is no clutch delay valve in either the A-Spec 6MT or the ITS. There is the clutch damper unit, however. As stated above by OP. #19 as shown in the diagrams for reference...
So no valve in the slave cylinder?

Was like this on my Accord and S2000:

Look at 1:20, where he opens the slave cylinder and remove the little white plastic valve.

I would be happy if there are none on the ITS. But Honda surely put something else that has the same role, so probably the clutch damper I guess... Possible to remove it?

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
OP
OP
proimporttuners
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Various Imports
Need pics of it installed. . .
Was there something specific you were looking to see? I can try to answer your question or possibly get a pic of it installed from a certain angle that will give you your answer.

OP
OP
proimporttuners
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Various Imports
Will this help with second gear grind?
I'm not so sure it will, because I didn't personally experience that issue (except one time where I made a mistake shifting). However, I can tell you the whole shifting experience is much better due to the improved clutch feel and engagement.

OP
OP
proimporttuners
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Various Imports
Is there still a clutch delay valve in the slave cylinder on the ITS?
That check valve ruined the clutch feeling in my 05 Accord 6-6, especially in cold weather...but it was easy to remove.

I'm curious about the difference between the check valve in the slave cylinder and your product.
This SiriMoto part does not modify the slave cylinder, and to my knowledge there IS a delay valve within the slave cylinder. This product replaces the CMC unit, the whole clutch line (up to the hard line right before the slave cylinder), and eliminates the clutch fluid damper unit. The net effect of this is much better clutch feel and better engagement too. I've tested it myself and felt the difference. For example, with virtually no throttle input I was able to break traction shifting to 2nd gear just by letting the clutch out really fast.

Sponsored

NecroFIesh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra & '07 S2000
This SiriMoto part does not modify the slave cylinder, and to my knowledge there IS a delay valve within the slave cylinder. This product replaces the CMC unit, the whole clutch line (up to the hard line right before the slave cylinder), and eliminates the clutch fluid damper unit. The net effect of this is much better clutch feel and better engagement too. I've tested it myself and felt the difference. For example, with virtually no throttle input I was able to break traction shifting to 2nd gear just by letting the clutch out really fast.

In that case, the delay valve is located within the slave cylinder assembly itself and is not serviceable. Otherwise, it would have it's own specific part number and description within the parts catalogs. This is why in the videos you see of folks removing the valves from slave cylinders, they're prying off the metal snap rings and pulling them out, often times having frustratingly worked on it for over an hour as shown above. They're not meant to be removed and therefore Honda doesn't list them as being serviceable/removable/replaceable.

Just wanting to make people aware of what I mean.

-G

Last edited:

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Removing the delay valve in the slave cylinder was one of the best (and free) mob I did to my Accord.

With the right tools, it is easy to do.

Will see how the ITS is driving and think about if I wanna do it or not this time. Might also be interested in this CMC kit...

NecroFIesh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra & '07 S2000
Removing the delay valve in the slave cylinder was one of the best (and free) mob I did to my Accord.

With the right tools, it is easy to do.

Will see how the ITS is driving and think about if I wanna do it or not this time. Might also be interested in this CMC kit...

I see you have an '04 AP2...have you ever considered removing the CDV in that car? I have an '07 and heard many things on S2Ki over the years about removing the valve and swapping in the 13lb flywheel from an AP1 for a better feel. Care to advise or comment?

-G

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I see you have an '04 AP2...have you ever considered removing the CDV in that car? I have an '07 and heard many things on S2Ki over the years about removing the valve and swapping in the 13lb flywheel from an AP1 for a better feel. Care to advise or comment?

-G
I replaced the slave cylinder of my AP2 with the one from an AP1 (without the valve). The clutch engagement point is easier to find and won't change with temperature changes and/or if you let the clutch "faster" (the valve will slow down the clutch engagement). It is really noticeable if you drive the car in cold weather (0F -> -20F). I don't drive the AP2 in the winter, but I drove the Accord and it was really the best mod to do (on the Accord, did it directly on the slave cylinder - it's easy to do if you know how to - I found a thread on an Accord forum with pictures).

I didn't replace the clutch yet, but when I do, I also want to use the AP1 flywheel as I feel the AP2 isn't able to handle well rapid gear changes. It is similar to rev hang I guess as the flywheel is heavier so it takes more time for the flywheel to slow down.

Unsure if this is understandable as English is not my primary language and I might not use all the right terms...

NecroFIesh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra & '07 S2000
Pas de problème, je suppose que vous êtes canadien français en fonction de votre emplacement. Merci pour vos commentaires!

-G
Sponsored