Sponsored

The Integra is a major let down

Gus23J

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech
I’ve had my car now for 10 months and 15,000 miles and overall I really think this car is a major let down. Unless you REALLY want the 6MT this car does not make any sense to buy.

while the exterior styling is actually very nice, the interior quality makes a 1999 Kia Spectra feel like a luxury car. The amount of rattles, creaks, pops, and other sounds I’ve had in my first year in this car is embarrassing from a premium brand. Rattles in the dashboard, seat belt holders, steering column, heads up display, passenger B pillar, speakers, and rear glass are all present in my car. This is combined with the absolute bottom tier quality for road noise and I am left driving this car every day asking what the heck did I purchase over a Civic? The sound system? Hardly.I can’t turn it up too loud or the hollow door panels rattle.

There are much better cars to buy for the price. I like how it drives, I like the gas mileage, and I like he exterior design of the car but that’s it. Otherwise this car to me is a major failure, is cheaply made, corners are cut everywhere, and it will turn me off of the Acura brand for good.
Sponsored

6-Speedio

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R
Are you forgetting it is also an entry level car into the luxury segment? It's completely par for the course to cut corners for entry level cars.

OP
OP

Gus23J

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech
Are you forgetting it is also an entry level car into the luxury segment? It's completely par for the course to cut corners for entry level cars.
I know it’s entry level but you would expect more than this considering it’s still the premium segment. Even if the materials weren’t nicer the fit and finish should be.

Sponsored

6-Speedio

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R
I know it’s entry level but you would expect more than this considering it’s still the premium segment. Even if the materials weren’t nicer the fit and finish should be.
The auto industry is very cut throat these days. There are companies that exist that take apart cars to the absolute smallest piece possible and assemble entire binders full of info for manufacturers to buy and see what the competition is doing. Every company knowingly chooses what it's strengths and weaknesses for a car will be. Acura decided to skimp out on sound deadening which the German luxury brands might go all in on. You perceive that silence and walk away thinking you're in a very luxury focused car.

But to stay price competitive, what MB, Audi, BMW, etc do is cheap out in other segments. Everyone has to. No one can build an absolute perfect car for 40k. So you may walk away with a quieter interior... But how well is that transmission built overall? Or did they cheap out on the electrical connectors that ultimately will wreak havoc on an otherwise solid car?

I get it. Rattles drive me bonkers. It'd be nice if Acura spent the extra 100 bucks to cut down on them. The question is where was that lost value on interior quality ultimately pushed towards? And hearing how you're annoyed with the car, you more than likely won't stick around to find out. All I'm saying is be wary of what you get into next. It's always a trade off.

In my experience, lexus provides great interiors and the best overall reliability. But where they cut back is staying behind on technology (they stick to tried and true tech that's been well vetted) . They can be slow to move on new tech. They're also very appliance like to drive. Again... A trade off.

zooka

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S 2014 FJ Cruiser 2024 4Runner
Overall the integra is a steal at its price point. You will not touch a new bmw, Audi, Lexus for its price. Every one always likes to say Kia and Hyundai are great buys , I have heard many horror stories of Kia/hyundia denying warranty claims for ridiculous reasons. Every manufacturer cuts corners to make a vehicle meet a price point. I honestly don’t think I the interior is that cheaply made, everyone seems to be getting caught up in the idea that you need 3 18” screens for an interior to be deemed upscale anymore. I have had only one minor rattle that was easily fixed. If your dealer is telling you all the rattles you are claiming are normal, call Acura and get them involved. Also what be vehicles at the same price point would you say are better? Just curious.

wagood

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Integra 6MT
Unless you REALLY want the 6MT this car does not make any sense to buy.
Exactly why I got mine lol. Otherwise I would’ve gone with a 3 year old fully loaded IS350 F-sport.

I’m sure honda isn’t selling civic si’s at a loss, so where exactly is that extra 10k going towards in this car that isn’t the mechanical bits shared between the two? Exterior design changes, adding the hatchback, nicer seats, better speakers, a tiny bit of extra sound deadening, hud, the dashboard, probably some other small things I’m missing. Seems like not enough, but I dunno maybe adding that hatch cost a lot for design and validation.

zooka

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Exactly why I got mine lol. Otherwise I would’ve gone with a 3 year old fully loaded IS350 F-sport.

I’m sure honda isn’t selling civic si’s at a loss, so where exactly is that extra 10k going towards in this car that isn’t the mechanical bits shared between the two? Exterior design changes, adding the hatchback, nicer seats, better speakers, a tiny bit of extra sound deadening, hud, the dashboard, probably some other small things I’m missing. Seems like not enough, but I dunno maybe adding that hatch cost a lot for design and validation.
Not quite 10k , I think if no options are added its about 7500. in addition to what you added you get power seats, adaptive dampers, dimming rearview mirror, ambient lighting and all though some of these are minor they add up cost wise. One thing most always forget is Acura Carries an extra year on bumper to bumper and powertrain these are also configured into the MSRP.

Sponsored

wagood

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Integra 6MT
Didn’t know about the extra warranty, yeah that’ll up the cost a bit.

Integrablue77

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-spec
I’ve had my car now for 10 months and 15,000 miles and overall I really think this car is a major let down. Unless you REALLY want the 6MT this car does not make any sense to buy.

while the exterior styling is actually very nice, the interior quality makes a 1999 Kia Spectra feel like a luxury car. The amount of rattles, creaks, pops, and other sounds I’ve had in my first year in this car is embarrassing from a premium brand. Rattles in the dashboard, seat belt holders, steering column, heads up display, passenger B pillar, speakers, and rear glass are all present in my car. This is combined with the absolute bottom tier quality for road noise and I am left driving this car every day asking what the heck did I purchase over a Civic? The sound system? Hardly.I can’t turn it up too loud or the hollow door panels rattle.

There are much better cars to buy for the price. I like how it drives, I like the gas mileage, and I like he exterior design of the car but that’s it. Otherwise this car to me is a major failure, is cheaply made, corners are cut everywhere, and it will turn me off of the Acura brand for good.
Yup, it had tons of rattles in all the places that you mentioned. Mine was totaled last month and I ended up buying a lexus instead but I still miss the integra. I think it drove great and handled very well. I might buy another one if they make improvements to it. Also the lane assist on it sucked and so did the adaptive cruise control. AC was really weak too and the vents made an annoying sound when it was on high.

OP
OP

Gus23J

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech
Overall the integra is a steal at its price point. You will not touch a new bmw, Audi, Lexus for its price. Every one always likes to say Kia and Hyundai are great buys , I have heard many horror stories of Kia/hyundia denying warranty claims for ridiculous reasons. Every manufacturer cuts corners to make a vehicle meet a price point. I honestly don’t think I the interior is that cheaply made, everyone seems to be getting caught up in the idea that you need 3 18” screens for an interior to be deemed upscale anymore. I have had only one minor rattle that was easily fixed. If your dealer is telling you all the rattles you are claiming are normal, call Acura and get them involved. Also what be vehicles at the same price point would you say are better? Just curious.
I know this car won’t compare to a BMW, Lexus, or Audi but they’re not in the same price point. Say what you’re any about Kia but the Stinger is a much better car for the price, and comes with 300HP base. The Sonata N-Line, Camry TRD, and even the new Prius are faster and feel more refined. If you go slightly used, the Genesis G70, IS350, and such are better cars too.

zooka

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I know this car won’t compare to a BMW, Lexus, or Audi but they’re not in the same price point. Say what you’re any about Kia but the Stinger is a much better car for the price, and comes with 300HP base. The Sonata N-Line, Camry TRD, and even the new Prius are faster and feel more refined. If you go slightly used, the Genesis G70, IS350, and such are better cars too.
I guess then why didn't you get the stinger? Everyone has the opportunity to test drive vehicles before hand, read\watch reviews, and see specs all online. Your gripe really mainly sounds as if you hopped into a purchase without doing your research into what YOU were looking for, Road noise and interior quality can be noticed in a test drive of the vehicle. If rattles are the main thing that bother you and the dealer won't help.....call Acura themselves and let them know the situation. I have had mine for 10 months as well , but only one small vibration\rattle that was easily fixed. I can turn the stereo up to 30 early with no rattles in the doors.

OP
OP

Gus23J

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech
I guess then why didn't you get the stinger? Everyone has the opportunity to test drive vehicles before hand, read\watch reviews, and see specs all online. Your gripe really mainly sounds as if you hopped into a purchase without doing your research into what YOU were looking for, Road noise and interior quality can be noticed in a test drive of the vehicle. If rattles are the main thing that bother you and the dealer won't help.....call Acura themselves and let them know the situation. I have had mine for 10 months as well , but only one small vibration\rattle that was easily fixed. I can turn the stereo up to 30 early with no rattles in the doors.
Yeah but a test drive is what, 10 minutes? While you’re driving a brand new car that’s unfamiliar, trying to take in what it has, how things work, etc. You don’t always get the full picture of your car on a test drive quite like owning one and living with it everyday. Hindsight is 20/20 too - and things I know now would have changed my decision.
Sponsored