Sponsored

acurax

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type-S
Updated issues list. So far just the auto up/down inside the car doesn't work. I can roll down windows and roll them back up with the key fob🙌
Mirrors of course follow vehicle lock status.
Unsure if the auto up/down inside works like others, but have you tried the procedures to teach the the control unit the window settings for the auto up/down feature?

May just need to perform these two steps w/ the car on.
  1. Move the driver's window all the way DOWN (with the down switch)
  2. Pull up and HOLD UP until the window closes, and after it closes, continue for 1 second.
Sponsored

acurax

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type-S
I'll give you the short version, but if you want the long version, go read my thread here:

https://www.integraforums.com/forum/threads/diy-power-folding-mirrors-a-journey.51260/

Short version: No, they aren't different. I have confirmed this with a person who did this mod using his original window switches, and hope to confirm it personally when I do my mod.

My guess is that the C kit comes with the new switches to make it compatible with lower trim models of the civic.

As for your second question, the C kit takes advantage of the existing harness which must be the same as the JDM harness to route the power mirror folding controls, as JDM civic models have power folding mirrors OEM.
It looks like your DIY avoids running a wire from one side to the other by running the blue/green wires into pin #2 & 3 as shown in pic 6, correct?

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A spec tech package 6 MT
It looks like your DIY avoids running a wire from one side to the other by running the blue/green wires into pin #2 & 3 as shown in pic 6, correct?
That is correct, and if you noticed, the pictures I used are simply screenshots from the exact instructions @23Integra used with his C kit.

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Have you gotten yours working?
Not yet. I haven't disassembled my mirrors yet. It's been hot as hell around here lately and I've avoided the sweaty garage time. As we get into September things should get a little better.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Not yet. I haven't disassembled my mirrors yet. It's been hot as hell around here lately and I've avoided the sweaty garage time. As we get into September things should get a little better.
Yeah. It was mid to upper 80s and I was drenched.

dockleryxk

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
Thanks for posting this up! I hope you're able to resolve the auto up/down issue.

Two questions:
  1. How come you didn't go with this kit?
  2. On the Mikstore website, the Model C kit mentions heated lenses. Did you hook that up?

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Thanks for posting this up! I hope you're able to resolve the auto up/down issue.

Two questions:
  2. On the Mikstore website, the Model C kit mentions heated lenses. Did you hook that up?
Ours already had BSI,blinkers, and heated mirrors so no additional wiring needed.

That other kit I don't think uses Honda motors and offers an additional control module. It also requires you to pull wires through the door and run them from one side to the other.

Kit C is closer to PNP( need to swap the bases)

dockleryxk

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
Ours already had BSI,blinkers, and heated mirrors so no additional wiring needed.

That other kit I don't think uses Honda motors and offers an additional control module. It also requires you to pull wires through the door and run them from one side to the other.

Kit C is closer to PNP( need to swap the bases)
Good to know! I read that on Mikstore as the kit ADDS those features.

The main thing keeping me from installing this was the need to route the wire across the car, so this is really encouraging.

I didn't know we have heated mirrors... I really need to stop putting off reading the manual. I got the reverse auto tilt down kit and will likely get this too now assuming you get the auto up/down switch working (and it's not a "feature" of the kit)

Thank you for the info!

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Good to know! I read that on Mikstore as the kit ADDS those features.

The main thing keeping me from installing this was the need to route the wire across the car, so this is really encouraging.

I didn't know we have heated mirrors... I really need to stop putting off reading the manual. I got the reverse auto tilt down kit and will likely get this too now assuming you get the auto up/down switch working (and it's not a "feature" of the kit)

Thank you for the info!
Yeah. This kit is more expensive but less fiddling is needed. I'd say 1-2 hours to install and your done.

I will try switching the factory window switches back in too see if it changes anything.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Unsure if the auto up/down inside works like others, but have you tried the procedures to teach the the control unit the window settings for the auto up/down feature?

2. Pull up and HOLD UP until the window closes, and after it closes, continue for 1 second.
Thanks. I know some cars have this and wasn't sure if Honda did this or not. I will test and report back.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Two questions:
You absolutely can use this kit and save a lot of money over what the C kit costs. You can also avoid running a wire across between the doors using my method linked below. Now that @23Integra has exposed the fact that the C kit still requires mirror disassembly it makes no sense to spend that much money.

https://www.integraforums.com/forum/threads/diy-power-folding-mirrors-a-journey.51260/

dockleryxk

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
You absolutely can use this kit and save a lot of money over what the C kit costs. You can also avoid running a wire across between the doors using my method linked below. Now that @23Integra has exposed the fact that the C kit still requires mirror disassembly it makes no sense to spend that much money.

Thank you, I am watching your thread as well before I decide 100% on which route to take!

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

Did you ever get all the pieces to test this theory? Your thread ended with testing.

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

Your my hero! All issues resolved!
Sponsored