Sponsored

ITS owners -- what is your biggest surprise with the car so far?

Nivek2slick

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra type s
So one of the biggest surprises I love is the hold brake works so nice when on a hill the car doesn't roll back and just stays in place and goes fwd ..so literally no issue to stall out or freak out if someone is on your bumper on a hill .
Sponsored

OP
OP

Steve48

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes EQA, BMW 330e. ITS On Order.
I didn’t expect it to get as much attention as it has. Ppl on the fwy at the gas station, parking lots etc. I thought it was a good looking car but in black with black emblems kinna expected it go under the radar. It has not.
I'm curious, is it from people who know all about the ITS and are excited to see one in the wild, or just because it is a very nice looking car?

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I guess this isn't really a surprise or an annoyance like it has described in the other thread, but I would like to be able to mount some fog lights that point to the outer rim of where the headlights shine. Diode Dynamics is actually located where I live, so I may reach out to them. I live in a super wooded area with lots of deer. Fortunately, it seems like they can hear me coming with the exhaust in the tires, but it's still always best to be able to see in the peripherals much better. The difficult part will be where to locate them to prevent the venting/cooling factor. These are just one example of what they make, but they have pods also.

IMG_3551.png

IMG_3552.png

Jblacc88

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
I'm curious, is it from people who know all about the ITS and are excited to see one in the wild, or just because it is a very nice looking car?
The majority have no idea and just say “wow nice car” or “that’s a super nice Acura” with almost a look of confusion. At the gas station though it was a fellow enthusiast and he hadn’t seen one in person yet so he was genuinely excited.

Gregg

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP Teg Type S '87 & '88 CRX Si, '96 Civic EX
Negatives
  • Compared to other vehicles the blind spot monitor is overly sensitive. The beeping is annoying.
I agree that the flashing continues when you've built up what I consider to be an appropriate distance. Believe it or not, there You can turn the beep off though...With the car stopped, on the touch screen, go to Vehicle Settings->Driver Assist System Setup. You can set "Blind Spot Info" to either "Audible and Visual Alert" or just "Visual Alert."

You can also turn it off completely via the steering wheel.

Sponsored

garyna

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 FL5 Type R, '23 TLX Type S, '93 Porsche RS
My minor annoyances:

No homelink
No seat memory
No navigation
No rear seat vents
And finally: why does this leather strip above the glove box not exist on the drivers side? Mystery indeed. Once you see it, cant un-see it. Strange.

IMG_7005 2.jpeg

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
The biggest suprise for me is how much attensions TEP/the car get from the local grandmas, its actually wild how many complements I get from older ladies in this car :D Not sure if that's a good thing!
Take that as a compliment. Older ladies have seen a fair share in their lifetimes so to notice the ITS is definitely a good thing.

I had to older women ask me what kind of car the ITS is and that it’s nice. No bad publicity :)

Bigislander

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
1. I wish the back hatch area allowed you to put a set of golf clubs in width wise.
2. There is no manual hatch release. The car has to be off to open it. Unless I’m missing something?

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
My minor annoyances:

No homelink
No seat memory
No navigation
No rear seat vents
And finally: why does this leather strip above the glove box not exist on the drivers side? Mystery indeed. Once you see it, cant un-see it. Strange.

IMG_7005 2.jpeg
Good point - driver seat memory should absolutely be an option. A different shoe is all it takes for the desire of 2 saved positions. I usually either wear military themed padded skateboard shoes with hard, flat soles or grand Prix originals for a casual race shoe & have to keep messing with my seat if I change from one to the other.

I think overall most of these are the same gripes that could be found in any vehicle. A lot of give & takes.

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I guess this isn't really a surprise or an annoyance like it has described in the other thread, but I would like to be able to mount some fog lights that point to the outer rim of where the headlights shine. Diode Dynamics is actually located where I live, so I may reach out to them. I live in a super wooded area with lots of deer. Fortunately, it seems like they can hear me coming with the exhaust in the tires, but it's still always best to be able to see in the peripherals much better. The difficult part will be where to locate them to prevent the venting/cooling factor. These are just one example of what they make, but they have pods also.

IMG_3551.png

IMG_3552.png
The Aspec factory fogs were more like DRLs. I would be interested in a high power output option. Keep us updated.

Sponsored

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
The Aspec factory fogs were more like DRLs. I would be interested in a high power output option. Keep us updated.
I will absolutely report back. I took some measurements of the duct space today to which of their lights would fit best, but it's pretty tight. I'm on there looking now. Might have to mount to the outside of the front center piece, but I'd prefer to be hidden behind the diamonds off to the side - like the 6" wide low profile ones. Hopefully they'll work something custom out for me, especially if I can show them the demand is there. We'll see!

when you removed the bumper could you tell if there was any space behind the plastic wind diverter shields?
IMG_3563.jpeg

IMG_3562.jpeg

IMG_3561.jpeg

Last edited:

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I will absolutely report back. I took some measurements of the duct space today to which of their lights would fit best, but it's pretty tight. I'm on there looking now. Might have to mount to the outside of the front center piece, but I'd prefer to be hidden behind the diamonds off to the side - like the 6" wide low profile ones. Hopefully they'll work something custom out for me, especially if I can show them the demand is there. We'll see!

when you removed the bumper could you tell if there was any space behind the plastic wind diverter shields?
IMG_3563.jpeg

IMG_3562.jpeg

IMG_3561.jpeg
There's room I'm sure enough for a light. Passenger side there's the washer fluid tank. Then on both sides there's some ducting that runs to the brakes.

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM/E DE5
For context, I'm coming from a 10th gen Si

Positives
  • Ride quality: The car just glides. In comfort you can feel each wheel soak up bumps and in sport + on a smooth surface, speed is just effortless to obtain. It definitely feels more sports sedan than hot hatch, very sophisticated
  • Engine: I haven't gone passed 5000 rpm but can already tell that the L15 doesn't compare. The throttle modulation in sport + feels almost telepathic.
  • Sound: There isn't much of an exhaust note, but the engine tone is racy in the midrange. The pops from 1st to 2nd in sport + are louder then expected, the sound overall is genuinely impressive.
  • Seats: For better or worse, you forget about them. I've changed lanes at high rates of speed and don't recall ever feeling like I wasn't secured. At the same time, I didn't feel held or bolstered either. They're much more comfortable than the Si buckets when just puting around town and the lumbar support is a definite plus.
Negatives
  • Steering feel: Feels slightly inert in comfort mode and not as granular as the Si in any mode. I'm thinking maybe it's slightly more assisted due to more weight over the front axle? The caveat being the Si had the solid bushings from the Whiteline ALK
  • Fit and Finish: There's a panel gap so egregious where the top of the fender meets the bumper It's laughable. I'll see if Acura or a body shop can do something about it
  • ELS: It's good.. but not great
  • Infotainment: Aesthetically, the graphics, both on the gauges and touchscreen should be sharper and I fear it won't age well. Functionally, there's a delay when changing songs using CarPlay that's infuriating.
A couple of weeks in and overall, it's a good car. 8/10 so far

Augmentedjdm

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Type R and 2012 Accord Coupe ExL
Had it for a few weeks now. My other car is an FK8 type R

Negative(s)
......glove box is really small and I think below and in front of the shifter is a wasted opportunity to have cubby space like in my FK8.
........I wish the infotainment screen was in the dash and not on top of it. At least they provided a finger rest ledge.
.........I can barely hear the "pops and bangs" even with the windows down which is a bummer considering how much it has been talked about in all the marketing. Or maybe I just haven't gotten on it hard enough. I have not gone above 5k.
.........last couple things....I wish the ambient lighting was on the rear doors also, and that there was a sunroof and last I wish the back doors could be opened by touching the outside handles like the front instead of having to touch the front and then open the rear door.

Pros...... suspension has a setting that seems to compliment any road I've been on so far.
........low end torque is nice to have.
........the lane keep and the radar cruise are nice to have and was a decent surprise.
........I thought my FK8 trans was great, but this one feels even better.
At first I was actually worried the driving experience was going to be too watered down but as I drive it more and more, I'm getting more comfortable with it and how really is a grown up version of the Type R. Still getting used to the size difference being longer and wider then the fk8.

And I personally love the color matched leather piece in the passenger area and not on the driver's side. It's very....."that's your space now sit back and enjoy the ride and the rest is mine don't touch it" kind of feeling.

PXL_20230902_232726096.jpg

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
For context, I'm coming from a 10th gen Si

Positives
  • Ride quality: The car just glides. In comfort you can feel each wheel soak up bumps and in sport + on a smooth surface, speed is just effortless to obtain. It definitely feels more sports sedan than hot hatch, very sophisticated
  • Engine: I haven't gone passed 5000 rpm but can already tell that the L15 doesn't compare. The throttle modulation in sport + feels almost telepathic.
  • Sound: There isn't much of an exhaust note, but the engine tone is racy in the midrange. The pops from 1st to 2nd in sport + are louder then expected, the sound overall is genuinely impressive.
  • Seats: For better or worse, you forget about them. I've changed lanes at high rates of speed and don't recall ever feeling like I wasn't secured. At the same time, I didn't feel held or bolstered either. They're much more comfortable than the Si buckets when just puting around town and the lumbar support is a definite plus.
Negatives
  • Steering feel: Feels slightly inert in comfort mode and not as granular as the Si in any mode. I'm thinking maybe it's slightly more assisted due to more weight over the front axle? The caveat being the Si had the solid bushings from the Whiteline ALK
  • Fit and Finish: There's a panel gap so egregious where the top of the fender meets the bumper It's laughable. I'll see if Acura or a body shop can do something about it
  • ELS: It's good.. but not great
  • Infotainment: Aesthetically, the graphics, both on the gauges and touchscreen should be sharper and I fear it won't age well. Functionally, there's a delay when changing songs using CarPlay that's infuriating.
A couple of weeks in and overall, it's a good car. 8/10 so far
Have you tried disabling VSA (via pedal dance)? It greatly improves driving feel, imo. VSA on feels numb to me.
Sponsored