Sponsored

ITS owners -- what is your biggest surprise with the car so far?

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
  • Steering feel: Feels slightly inert in comfort mode and not as granular as the Si in any mode. I'm thinking maybe it's slightly more assisted due to more weight over the front axle? The caveat being the Si had the solid bushings from the Whiteline ALK
Yeah I can't reconcile steering of a previous gen, lower-tier model of the same manufacturer (possibly on all seasons?) being better than this car. Also my son has a 9th gen Si and the steering is not even in the same galaxy so this to me doesn't hold water, sorry. Maybe the bushings really make that much of a difference- if so maybe I should look into them lol. Otherwise, it should be pretty clear that I disagree.

I do recall that when I first drove it comfort mode steering was too light for me, but I don't mind it now. It's not perfect but it's as good as is reasonably possible for an electric rack in a $50k car. What kind of driving are you doing? "Changing lanes at a high rate of speed" doesn't really qualify as the type of driving where you'd experience the nuances of what this car is good at... go find a good road with actual bends in it and get back to us. The beauty of this car is you don't have to be going fast for it to be enjoyable. It punches way above its weight class in that regard, and steering feel is part of that.

Had it for a few weeks now. My other car is an FK8 type R

Negative(s)

.........I can barely hear the "pops and bangs" even with the windows down which is a bummer considering how much it has been talked about in all the marketing. Or maybe I just haven't gotten on it hard enough. I have not gone above 5k.
Are you in Sport+? The pops and bangs are very, very obvious right up to the point of obnoxiousness so it's puzzling that anyone would have a complaint there. They start for me around 3-3500 rpm, but you do have to have it in sport+.

And have you considered getting rid of one of these cars? I know I'm just a rando on the Internet, but you really should consider augmenting a high power FWD performance car with something that's not also a high power FWD performance car. Have a little imagination! If I were you I'd trade that FK8 for an OG M2 immediately.

giphy (1).gif

1694081746231.png

If you have to have JDM, go find a clean S chassis car. You should be able to find something like this for less than $50k (at least I'd certainly hope so!!!)

1694081849447.png

Really anything would be better than the redundant experience of an FK8 and a DE5.
Sponsored

Last edited:

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM/E DE5
Have you tried disabling VSA (via pedal dance)? It greatly improves driving feel, imo. VSA on feels numb to me.
I have not .. but good idea, thank you. I imagine that’d allow for more rotation but don’t know if I’ll push the car on the street enough to feel the difference. I’ll probably get a larger rear sway bar in the future though

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I have not .. but good idea, thank you. I imagine that’d allow for more rotation but don’t know if I’ll push the car on the street enough to feel the difference. I’ll probably get a larger rear sway bar in the future though
It definitely allows for more rotation, but it also just improves road feel overall. After using it regularly, it seems to me the VSA is regularly "correcting" inputs when it's enabled, leading to a more muted steering / road feel.

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Had it for a few weeks now. My other car is an FK8 type R

Negative(s)
......glove box is really small and I think below and in front of the shifter is a wasted opportunity to have cubby space like in my FK8.
........I wish the infotainment screen was in the dash and not on top of it. At least they provided a finger rest ledge.
.........I can barely hear the "pops and bangs" even with the windows down which is a bummer considering how much it has been talked about in all the marketing. Or maybe I just haven't gotten on it hard enough. I have not gone above 5k.
.........last couple things....I wish the ambient lighting was on the rear doors also, and that there was a sunroof and last I wish the back doors could be opened by touching the outside handles like the front instead of having to touch the front and then open the rear door.

Pros...... suspension has a setting that seems to compliment any road I've been on so far.
........low end torque is nice to have.
........the lane keep and the radar cruise are nice to have and was a decent surprise.
........I thought my FK8 trans was great, but this one feels even better.
At first I was actually worried the driving experience was going to be too watered down but as I drive it more and more, I'm getting more comfortable with it and how really is a grown up version of the Type R. Still getting used to the size difference being longer and wider then the fk8.

And I personally love the color matched leather piece in the passenger area and not on the driver's side. It's very....."that's your space now sit back and enjoy the ride and the rest is mine don't touch it" kind of feeling.

PXL_20230902_232726096.jpg
RV6 downpipe and this thing rips the pops and bangs especially on down shifts. I need to figure away of recording it.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It definitely allows for more rotation, but it also just improves road feel overall. After using it regularly, it seems to me the VSA is regularly "correcting" inputs when it's enabled, leading to a more muted steering / road feel.
I'll admit I hadn't messed with traction control settings at all until this past weekend's autocross. And OH MY GOD it's like a different car with it off.

It is SO damn intrusive... it's amazing I still liked the way the car drove when it was on...

Sponsored

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I need to stop messing around & do the pedal dance as well. I kind of figured it was 'safer' when tearing it up on these back roads but still had a couple "oh shit" moments. 😄 I haven't turned off Rev match either. Ima assuming I should likely turn them both off for a better feel, correct?

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I need to stop messing around & do the pedal dance as well. I kind of figured it was 'safer' when tearing it up on these back roads but still had a couple "oh shit" moments. 😄 I haven't turned off Rev match either. Ima assuming I should likely turn them both off for a better feel, correct?
I don't know that rev match on / off changes anything feel-wise (first thing I did when I got the car was turn it off, lol; I love rev-matching myself), but I 100% agree w. Optronix: turning VSA completely off transforms the car. Feedback / steering feel is better, and it shows its true personality.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'll add the disclaimer that turning off VSA will induce more risk. I'm sure it's there for a reason. So definitely keep that in mind and don't push the car past your limits, in which case unless you're a pro racing driver, are going to be far below the car's.

But yes, definitely experiment with it off. I do wish it was just a button, but once you do it a few times it becomes muscle memory.

I also noticed in the Hagerty drag racing video posted earlier today, Camissa commented that "you can't turn the traction control all the way off", and that is a fallacy. It's becoming more prominent that people just aren't aware that you can turn it off, but I'm also failing to realize that the pedal dance has effectively become FL5/DE5 owners' "Konami code" (dating myself here a bit), and it's probably naive to assume that most people know about it.

For those who perhaps do not:

- foot on brake, parking brake off: push traction control button until it beeps TWICE (x2)
- foot OFF brake, parking brake ON: push traction control button until it beeps TWICE (x2)
- foot ON brake, parking brake on: push traction control button until it beeps TWICE (x2)
- gtg

For those who need to see it performed for it to sink in, here's Thomas from Throttle House with his PSA on VSA:

Rev match is a personal decision. I suck at heel-toe to the point it's not enjoyable, so I leave it on and love it. I blame my size 12s and awful ankle flexibility due to spraining them each no less than 10 times (I'm not being facetious).

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I'll add the disclaimer that turning off VSA will induce more risk. I'm sure it's there for a reason. So definitely keep that in mind and don't push the car past your limits, in which case unless you're a pro racing driver, are going to be far below the car's.

But yes, definitely experiment with it off. I do wish it was just a button, but once you do it a few times it becomes muscle memory.

I also noticed in the Hagerty drag racing video posted earlier today, Camissa commented that "you can't turn the traction control all the way off", and that is a fallacy. It's becoming more prominent that people just aren't aware that you can turn it off, but I'm also failing to realize that the pedal dance has effectively become FL5/DE5 owners' "Konami code" (dating myself here a bit), and it's probably naive to assume that most people know about it.

- foot on brake, parking brake off: push traction control button until it beeps TWICE (x2)
- foot OFF brake, parking brake ON: push traction control button until it beeps TWICE (x2)
- foot ON brake, parking brake on: push traction control button until it beeps TWICE (x2)
- gtg

For those who need to see it performed for it to sink in, here's Thomas from Throttle House with his PSA on VSA:

Rev match is a personal decision. I suck at heel-toe to the point it's not enjoyable, so I leave it on and love it. I blame my size 12s and awful ankle flexibility due to spraining them each no less than 10 times (I'm not being facetious).
Thanks for the in depth info! So keep it on when the kids are in the car, got it. 😆 I'll play around with it off when I'm alone & maybe even save it for the track. But looking forward to it!

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
I haven't touched the traction button. Now this thread has me wanting to try it this weekend. No stranger to having traction off in RWD cars, we'll see how it is in FWD. The forums are a terrible influence.

Sponsored

jpooah1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S Apex Blue

- gtg

Is it the same process to switch it back on?
Does it stay off after shutting off the car, I’d guess no

meki22

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru Forester, LCM Integra Type-S
Take that as a compliment. Older ladies have seen a fair share in their lifetimes so to notice the ITS is definitely a good thing.

I had to older women ask me what kind of car the ITS is and that it’s nice. No bad publicity :)
ill echo this sentiment. My mother in law as well as another elderly family member kept commenting at how nice the car is lol

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Is it the same process to switch it back on?
Does it stay off after shutting off the car, I’d guess no
It does not. Turning off the car will default back to having it fully on. I had to do the pedal dance 6 times last weekend.

Croissants

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24' Apex Blue Pearl ITS
Thoughts after 2-ish months with the car.

Positive surprises
  • Very happy with the dynamics of the car. It still stands out to me how effortless it is to drive casually around town/on the freeway but can immediately swallow corners and make driving rewarding on curvy roads. It feels so playful and the rotation off throttle is pretty fun.
  • The induction sound is surprisingly noticeable with the windows down, I may still want to swap in a Sprint filter down the line but content with how it is for the time being.
  • The pops and burbles in Sport+ got louder for me after breaking in the car. Maybe placebo but I've been enjoying it.
  • Aside from the noise, happy with the grip from the PS4Ss in spirited drives.
  • The front LSD feels like magic putting the power down exiting corners.
Not so positive surprises
  • Not really a surprise to be fair but the seats are just..ok. Decently comfortably for my body in longer drives but could definitely use some bolstering. I've had to use my knee to brace going around some corners at speed.
  • I've had a few occasions where wireless CarPlay would refuse to connect even after resetting bluetooth settings and had to resort to plugging in my phone.
  • I wish there was a bigger gas tank. I feel like the 12.5gal goes by very quickly but that could also be a me problem.
  • My car has developed some interior rattles. It sounds like from both driver and passenger side seatbelt assembly and somewhere in the front dash.

Augmentedjdm

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Type R and 2012 Accord Coupe ExL
Are you in Sport+? The pops and bangs are very, very obvious right up to the point of obnoxiousness so it's puzzling that anyone would have a complaint there. They start for me around 3-3500 rpm, but you do have to have it in sport+.

And have you considered getting rid of one of these cars? I know I'm just a rando on the Internet, but you really should consider augmenting a high power FWD performance car with something that's not also a high power FWD performance car. Have a little imagination! If I were you I'd trade that FK8 for an OG M2 immediately.

giphy (1).gif

1694081746231.png

If you have to have JDM, go find a clean S chassis car. You should be able to find something like this for less than $50k (at least I'd certainly hope so!!!)

1694081849447.png

Really anything would be better than the redundant experience of an FK8 and a DE5.

I will never go Bmw again. Just not my thing. I had a m3 at one point in 2018-19 and it was fun but just wasn't for me. I'm not really someone who is loyal to a specific brand or what not. My taste is always changing and I'm just enjoying life as it happens. I really really like the R and the S. As it is right now the FK8 is paid off so there's no worries there, but chances are by winter time it will go to my brother who's really been wanting one especially after driving mine. I've tracked it a couple times but I won't do it enough in the future to warrant keeping it. I'd like to keep it in my little circle of family or friends if possible, so we'll see how that plays out. With that said, if it does go away I will replace it with another truck. I had a 21 Ford ranger and that little truck was badass and I would not mind having another one. I switch and go through cars like I'll be dead at midnight lol. Life is way too short.

As far as the pops, I am always in sport + or individual with engine and gauges in sport + and steering and suspension in sport. It seems like the more I drive the more noticable it is so maybe the exhaust is still breaking in. Is that a thing lol?? I only have 429 miles on it.
Sponsored