Sponsored

Spacers incoming

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Spacers coming in tomorrow, I already changed my tires to a/s 285 30 19...
I'll y'all posted
Dang. Going wide. My 275s are in just haven't had a chance to get them installed.

b0nb0n

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 1999 Civic, 1997 Celsior
What size spacers did you go with? I've been interested in 15mm

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
Spacers coming in tomorrow, I already changed my tires to a/s 285 30 19...
I'll y'all posted
I was wondering about this too, then I heard in a video, one of the guys with the red ITS who did his own coil overs and lowered the car, mentioned buying new wheels with an off set that would give him the same off set as the spacers, but he mentioned he would never use spacers.

I don't know anything about them as I have never used any.

What are the potential issues of using a spacer to push the wheels out a bit for more of a flush look vs stock or vs buying new wheels?

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
I was wondering about this too, then I heard in a video, one of the guys with the red ITS who did his own coil overs and lowered the car, mentioned buying new wheels with an off set that would give him the same off set as the spacers, but he mentioned he would never use spacers.

I don't know anything about them as I have never used any.

What are the potential issues of using a spacer to push the wheels out a bit for more of a flush look vs stock or vs buying new wheels?
My assumption was always that if you’re pushing the car hard, just spend the change and get wider wheels and tires but for everyday use, keep the thin(ner) wheels on the car but push them out via spacers. One is for performance and the other is a very slight performance upgrade but not as reliable likely in tracking conditions

Sponsored

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
My assumption was always that if you’re pushing the car hard, just spend the change and get wider wheels and tires but for everyday use, keep the thin(ner) wheels on the car but push them out via spacers. One is for performance and the other is a very slight performance upgrade but not as reliable likely in tracking conditions
So, if you aren't pushing the car real hard, and just want a better look, more of flush look, is there a downside to using a spacer?
Does it affect the ride or performance of the car at all?

b0nb0n

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 1999 Civic, 1997 Celsior
The general consensus with bolt on spacers is they are safe for daily driving, granted you buy reputable brands and not Chinese junk. If you plan to track the car, remove them. I have a set of hubcentric H&R 15mm on my Toyota Celsior just for looks. Felt no difference with them. Albeit that car is an absolute boat and doesn’t get driven hard. My 2 cents

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
So, if you aren't pushing the car real hard, and just want a better look, more of flush look, is there a downside to using a spacer?
Does it affect the ride or performance of the car at all?
No real downside other than you can take the spacer monies and apply it to a new set of wheels and tires instead. And yep, just use a reputable brand. Although expensive; imagine how expensive a potential lost wheel going 75 could be

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
Never did spacers in any of my cars. ALways gave me an excuse to get some rims with the right offset.
How do you determine the wheel size to accomplish the equivalent of what the spacers would do while still using the 265 tires?

Sponsored

sfedai0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
01 civic
How do you determine the wheel size to accomplish the equivalent of what the spacers would do while still using the 265 tires?
Well, assuming youre taking me literally when I said "right", I just meant the right offset you like. I think the stock offset is +60? The lower you go, the more pushed out the rims are.

RCX

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 FK8 -> 2023 GR Corolla -> 2024 Integra Type S
GR Corolla comes with spacers on the back wheels. Car is tracked as is.
Sponsored