Sponsored

Reverse mirror tilt

PRDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra Type S
According to this info on the Acura website, our cars have this feature. It does not work in my car. Has anyone noticed this?

IMG_0826.png
Sponsored

edido

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS (TEP)
What a surprise...doesn't work in my car. Maybe there is a special setting to enable it?

b0nb0n

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 1999 Civic, 1997 Celsior
Huh, I didn't realize this came standard... Only thing I tried was moving the mirror switch from L to R to see if it would initiate tilt down while in reverse but no luck. Figured it wasn't a feature

akoza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Not sure where you found that but this is directly from https://www.acura.com/cars/integra/pricing-and-specs.

1696511882076.png

There is an aftermarket module you can buy from Mikstore that adds reverse mirror tilt (for the Civic). It uses a different connector because it's made for the Civic version without blind spot indicators, but according to their instructions it should work but a little bit of modification. Personally I'm waiting on installing that until I can get my hands on the correct connector.

Nickp15

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra Type S
I feel bamboozled. This is the mood lightning website-picture vs reality all over again:
Screenshot 2023-10-05 092225.png

Sponsored

nawfoo

First Name
Kay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
Back on topic.......The selector has to be on the right mirror for it to tilt down during reverse. The mirror sticks lower when returning to the normal position and you will likely have to adjust it up a little bit when youre driving.

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
Not sure where you found that but this is directly from https://www.acura.com/cars/integra/pricing-and-specs.

1696511882076.png

There is an aftermarket module you can buy from Mikstore that adds reverse mirror tilt (for the Civic). It uses a different connector because it's made for the Civic version without blind spot indicators, but according to their instructions it should work but a little bit of modification. Personally I'm waiting on installing that until I can get my hands on the correct connector.
The module from the A-Spec with Tech cars wouldn't work? Seems like that is the simplest solution.

Hammer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra Aspec
Back on topic.......The selector has to be on the right mirror for it to tilt down during reverse. The mirror sticks lower when returning to the normal position and you will likely have to adjust it up a little bit when youre driving.
was just about to say the same thing finally realized selector has to be on the right mirror, and thank you for letting me know I'm not crazy ( at least not for this) for thinking a lot of times I have to readjust the mirror

akoza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
The module from the A-Spec with Tech cars wouldn't work? Seems like that is the simplest solution.
I don't see why it wouldn't - this route would be the most ideal. Not sure if it's a simple plug-and-play in the passenger door or if it's more involved and needs to tie into the reverse light wiring at the back of the car.

I have no idea where to even start looking for this outside of a wrecked A-spec that has the module.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
I thought the selector switch bring on the “R” right position was only for the A-spec? I tried last month doe the ITS and it didn’t seem to work
Sponsored