Sponsored

As anyone actually traded their FL5 Type R for a DES Type s?

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
If the Type S had the body and interior of the Type R I'd probably go for it. But I don't like how the Type S looks inside and out, I don't like the seats, I don't like the headroom in the back seats, I don't like the higher height of the hatch, I don't like that it's longer, and I prefer made in Japan. But that's all subjective and I know a lot of people prefer how the Type S looks.
Your honesty is refreshing and hey, to each his own, right? You like what you like, nothing wrong with that.
Sponsored

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I traded my DE5 for the FL5 and honestly don't regret the choice one bit. @Ministry traded his FL5 for a DE5 and is similarly pleased with his choice.

You can't go wrong with either car, they're largely the same with seating being the biggest difference. These aren't seats that will work for everyone, so I'd recommend checking them out in person before committing. The sound systems are very similar, and NVH is similar as well. The FL5 lacks a HUD and heated seats, but the DE5 doesn't have LogR or the +R gauges. The ride is stiffer in the FL5, but a $225 ADS module swap will make the FL5 ride just like the DE5. The DE5 has a nice stock exhaust which is tuned for the pops and bangs, but Hondata now has options for pops and bangs for the stock FL5 exhaust.

For me, the decision was easy and relatively painless as I got both cars at MSRP, and negotiated a good trade-in on the DE5 while the DE5 was new/rare and trade-in values were still inflated. Trading the DE5 for the FL5 equated to a ~$2,750 markup on the FL5, but part of that cost was $1,200 in PPF, paint correction, and a few accessories.

OP
OP

S4one

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type r
Thanks for the feedback all.

LouDogDude

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24' Acura Integra Type S
I have the FL5 in white now- bought for 5k over msrp (didnt know about the integra type s at the time) and have been thinking on the Integra TS... the seats, tiger eye paint , no wing, luxury cabin feel and the exhaust are really pulling... not sure how to go about getting one potentially trading my fl5... 😬

Sponsored

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
I have the FL5 in white now- bought for 5k over msrp (didnt know about the integra type s at the time) and have been thinking on the Integra TS... the seats, tiger eye paint , no wing, luxury cabin feel and the exhaust are really pulling... not sure how to go about getting one potentially trading my fl5... 😬
Find one and just go in 🤭

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
Is it bad that I wanna trade my DE5 for a 24 Crosstrek Wilderness and some cash? 😂

Jay_K

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS LCM
I have the DE5 and would trade for an FL5 if I valued the seats, digital dash, and Log R more than the styling, exhaust, heated seats and sound system of the DE5.

I don't think someone can go wrong with either. If the FL5 was available locally at MSRP and I got the same value for my trade I would have strongly considered it over the DE5. I would have definitely swapped the suspension module and installed an resonator delete and saved a bunch of cash. I can get over the lack of heated seats haha.

End of day, both are fantastic.

Sponsored

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
Get the Crosstrek but also get a Miata. That's like a perfect no frills two car garage right there. Win-win.
dude! I just saw a couple new Miata’s this last week, too.

I think that would hurt more though, cause if I wait like 6 months - year I could keep my type s and get a cross trek 😂

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
dude! I just saw a couple new Miata’s this last week, too.

I think that would hurt more though, cause if I wait like 6 months - year I could keep my type s and get a cross trek 😂
update: no good offers to trade in my car for, I’m keeping it and getting a crosstrek when I can. Best offer I got was 44k 😅