The Tuned 2023+ Integra Experience & Reliability Thread

Padre Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra A-Spec, Tech. MT
I thought they could still tell that it had been tuned and reflashed even if you restored it to stock. Frankly I’d give up the handful of oil changes, but not 6 years of powertrain warranty.
I tuned my RDX and took it in for service for brake replacement under warranty, etc. Mine was lowered and the service writer asked if it was tuned….I am a pastor….can’t/shouldn’t withhold truth so I told them and they just smiled. No reason to flash back to stock. Tuning doesn’t void warranty unless you took your boost up so high….you get the picture. Enjoy the tune! I am still debating whether to tune my ASpec….resolved now not to do it…just enjoy the exhaust and rev matching sound. I am toiroughly enjoying shifting through those beautiful gears (no rubber bands for me, thanks).
Sponsored

Ap2Iven

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda s2000 / 10th Gen Civic
So dumb question, is there any way to put on the Ktuner tablet to display what Tune we are on?!? I decided to switch to map 3 today to have a little fun with someone at the light… but I didn’t know til I tried switching , my vehicle has been in map3 til god knows when. I don’t recall how long ive been daily the car in map3 but I got a bit worried , I normally daily in map1 and only switch when I need to. But not I’m worried that for at least a week + I’ve been dailying in map3

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
So dumb question, is there any way to put on the Ktuner tablet to display what Tune we are on?!? I decided to switch to map 3 today to have a little fun with someone at the light… but I didn’t know til I tried switching , my vehicle has been in map3 til god knows when. I don’t recall how long ive been daily the car in map3 but I got a bit worried , I normally daily in map1 and only switch when I need to. But not I’m worried that for at least a week + I’ve been dailying in map3
Following as I’m untuned but plan on getting a tune this summer

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
No not really.

I have a KTuner V2 but I don't leave my KTuner hooked up. I only use it for flashing tunes and running random datalogs from time to time. And there's a benefit to that...

Just like you (for daily commutes), I use Map 1 for the most part. And like you I switch maps while driving depending on the situation.

But because my KTuner isn't in the car, it always reverts to Map 1 at engine startup. Works for me. :cool:

Cpmorgan

First Name
Cooper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura integra a spec cvt
I turned my CVT at around 5,500 miles and the CVT just blew at around 6,500 i would not recommend tuning the CVT as there is too much torque for it to handle and honestly not worth the hassle. I would recomend getting the 6 speed if you are looking into doing something like that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Why don't you add your car in the proper thread format (look at the first post) so we can list your failure.

It's important to note what tune and mods you were running. I've been doing this a very long time (studying tune reliability) and 1,000 miles on an OTS tune should in no way cause a failure.

We're you brake launching the car? If not, certainly look into the possibility of the CVT being factory defective and getting it replaced under warranty.

The existing off the shelf tunes have reduced torque below 4,000-ish to help protect the CVT.

sventhecivic

First Name
Gaetano
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic EXT
I turned my CVT at around 5,500 miles and the CVT just blew at around 6,500 i would not recommend tuning the CVT as there is too much torque for it to handle and honestly not worth the hassle. I would recomend getting the 6 speed if you are looking into doing something like that.
Can you provide some more detail on what you were doing? Which map were you using? How were you driving? I had my previous Civic CVT tuned for several thousand miles without any issues. I plan on tuning my Integra, also a CVT, before the summer time as well.

Personally, I’m not worried about tuning it. As long as you do your diligence and research, you shouldn’t feel worried about dropping an off the shelf tune into your car.

YKTVK

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
Vehicle: 2023 Integra A-Spec (CVT)

Total tuned time: 6 months

Tuned miles driven: 15,000

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V1.2

Tunes used: Ktuner's Starter 21, then used TSP Stage 1 Tune

Fuel used: 91 octane

Additional related mods: PRL HVI, PLM DP & FP, Thermal R&D Exhaust

Problems/issues: None

Driving style: Most of the time I'd drive like a grandma but on some occasions I would do some lively driving.

Tuning experience notes: I commute basically 90+ miles for 4 days of the week and everything has been doing well. Might remove my dp because I feel that it might be a little too loud but love the burbles. I started to have this CVT whine when using my paddle shifters but i changed my CVT Fluid at 30k miles and it removed that whine. Also when I did change my fluid, only a little bit of metal shavings were on the bolt but that is to be expected from a CVT. All in all its still a blast when driving the car.

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech

Driving style: Most of the time I'd drive like a grandma but on some occasions I would do some lively driving.

Tuning experience notes: I commute basically 90+ miles for 4 days of the week and everything has been doing well. Might remove my dp because I feel that it might be a little too loud but love the burbles. I started to have this CVT whine when using my paddle shifters but i changed my CVT Fluid at 30k miles and it removed that whine. Also when I did change my fluid, only a little bit of metal shavings were on the bolt but that is to be expected from a CVT. All in all its still a blast when driving the car.
Did you ever experience a single slip of the cvt belts? Have you noticed a reduction in the rev hang when using paddles or any increase in the length of time before it goes back to standard ‘shifting’ after using the paddles briefly? What is your most-noticeable benefit in your eyes? Looking to tune mine this summer. I had a shiny cvt at 25k so I changed the fluid too and it went away. I was using the paddles in S mode over the course of two summers and I think the heat was cooking the fluid and that did it.

Rhinoplasti78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra

I have been looking at the PLM DP and FP combo, how’s your experience with the product? I hear mixed reviews about PLM regarding their fitment and quality of product

Sponsored

YKTVK

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
Did you ever experience a single slip of the cvt belts? Have you noticed a reduction in the rev hang when using paddles or any increase in the length of time before it goes back to standard ‘shifting’ after using the paddles briefly? What is your most-noticeable benefit in your eyes? Looking to tune mine this summer. I had a shiny cvt at 25k so I changed the fluid too and it went away. I was using the paddles in S mode over the course of two summers and I think the heat was cooking the fluid and that did it.
I honestly don't know what a slippage would feel like but as of right now everything seems to be fine. As for using the paddles I only use them in the S drive mode and I would just put it back to the regular drive mode when I finish using the paddles. It's been a good 6 months since I was last stock and I'd cant really tell if there was a reduction to the rev hang but I have friend who has a stock Integra so I'll test it out once I have the chance. I'd say that going on to the freeway or passing a car feels faster compared to stock both with and without the paddles. I'd say its worth it but don't really expect any massive gains because we have our limitations due to the transmission. I believe TSP tune has less torque to help with out our CVT.

YKTVK

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
I have been looking at the PLM DP and FP combo, how’s your experience with the product? I hear mixed reviews about PLM regarding their fitment and quality of product
The install went well on my end. I too saw the reviews regarding PLM and was hesitant to buy it new but i was able to get the DP and FP for only $300 with 1k miles on it on FB marketplace and I couldn't pass on the deal. With the quality and fitment, it fits well no problems there. The DP was just a huge pain in the butt to install but with a little bit of elbow grease I was able to get it done. I'd say with just the DP alone the exhaust sounds good already and adds burbles.

Rhinoplasti78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
The install went well on my end. I too saw the reviews regarding PLM and was hesitant to buy it new but i was able to get the DP and FP for only $300 with 1k miles on it on FB marketplace and I couldn't pass on the deal. With the quality and fitment, it fits well no problems there. The DP was just a huge pain in the butt to install but with a little bit of elbow grease I was able to get it done. I'd say with just the DP alone the exhaust sounds good already and adds burbles.
thanks for the reply I’m pretty much running almost the same setup as you already actually. I have the PRL HVI and the Thermal R&D exhaust, next on my list was a DP and FP. Does the DP throw a CEL? That’s my only other concern I have about it

vcln5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Acura Integra, A-spec, CVT
23 Aspec CVT here, about a year tuned on phearable, mainly on map 2-3. about 7-8K tuned mi now. Still drives great. love it a lot. I have the TSP downpipe with the PLM front pipe, didn't have a CEL. if that helps.

tomoose

First Name
tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 acura integra
You'll find that almost all of the pro tuners prefer KTuner for the 1.5T engine. I've had a Hondata Flashpro and a KTuner V2.

KTuner V2 FTW.
i’ve been going back and forth between the 93 octane tune or the e85 93 octane tune, which would you recommend, any advice would help
Sponsored